Regular 2x speeds

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Brando Dilla wrote:

Is there anyone else here who would think a 2x game would be not too fast, but not too slow?

Who would want to try one out?

I’m hoping Bytro puts this on their to-do list.
      Hopefully fixing the trading system comes first.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • I would enjoy a CoN 2x speed game.

I'd like to see it available in rotation - once every 24hrs, or once every 10 regular CoN maps.

Perhaps, since CoN is usually the starting map for new players, a 2x version should require a certain rank?... (Experienced players can voice their opinions on that.)

I would play a CoN 2x speed game for sure.

I would play other 2x maps, too. I think 2x speed to be a good option for maps generally.
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Hopefully making ship names visible comes after that.Sorry for hijacking the thread Brando Dilla.
      They are visible in Newspaper, and also, i would like to see a 2x after other problems are fixed
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • I think normalising 2x speed, or speed matches in general, might reduce the popularity of other maps and affecting the community not for the better. But the Bytro have a reason what they're doing.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Fox-Company wrote:

I know, the trading system is indeed a problem and I'd like to see it repaired. However, this post still reads like an appeal to worse problems.

I'd be interested to try a 2x speed game, but haven't really played enough at even regular speed to have a real opinion on how good it would be.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

I know, the trading system is indeed a problem and I'd like to see it repaired. However, this post still reads like an appeal to worse problems.
      I'd be interested to try a 2x speed game, but haven't really played enough at even regular speed to have a real opinion on how good it would be.
      Trust me they are worth it! Not too fast but not as slow. As long as you are active enough you won’t die in your sleep.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Hurbala wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

I believe they should have at least one game mode spawn regular speed maps, so as to stop the "wHeReS mY 4X" obnoxious barking.
      There are the World Maps now with 4x speed
      On top of that, maybe a permanent Clash of Nations 2x, for, like other players said, a less chaotic but still quicker game? I always find World at War as it is very crazy, 4x is crazy for me, though a good addition. I just think that it would be a more balanced but quicker thing to add down the pipeline.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carking the 6th ().

• Carking the 6th wrote:

On top of that, maybe a permanent Clash of Nations 2x, for, like other players said, a less chaotic but still quicker game? I always find World at War as it is very crazy, 4x is crazy for me, though a good addition. I just think that it would be a more balanced but quicker thing to add down the pipeline.
      This is real, playing a World at War coalition vs coalition with high-level stacks is intense. I don't think I could handle a 2x myself.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Crayfish ().