Goa

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• During WW2, Goa was a Portuguese colony on the coast of western India, not far from the city of Pune.

However, there is no representation of this colony in HWW, which is odd, given that the HWW gamemode is supposed to feature accurate borders of 1939.

I suggest that a Goa province should be added. It doesn't have to be a city, but there should be something.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Claudio NVKP wrote:

Well i have created several threads on Panjim, but none recieved a response... But now i see they've added timor leste. So why not Panjim?
      It would be called Goa as that's what the Portuguese called it at the time.
      (Or so I think.)
      Panjim, not Goa. Panjim is the name of the Capital city of Goa it is and was the main city there. So the province will be called Panjim
      The Saviour
    • Claudio NVKP wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Claudio NVKP wrote:

Well i have created several threads on Panjim, but none recieved a response... But now i see they've added timor leste. So why not Panjim?
      It would be called Goa as that's what the Portuguese called it at the time.(Or so I think.)
      Panjim, not Goa. Panjim is the name of the Capital city of Goa it is and was the main city there. So the province will be called Panjim
      Ah... gotcha!
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Claudio NVKP wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Claudio NVKP wrote:

It would be called Goa as that's what the Portuguese called it at the time.(Or so I think.)
      Ah... gotcha!
      You're actually the best person on earth.
      The Saviour
    • Claudio NVKP wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Claudio NVKP wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Claudio NVKP wrote:

Ah... gotcha!
      You're actually the best oerson on earth.
      Aww... thank you! <3 :)
    • Lol the wholesomeness. But I’d still call it Goa, that’s what it was known as by most people, and the province in actually wasn’t much larger than a city. Then again Luxembourg is a city so it would make more sense to call it Panjim looking at their system for naming things. It should definitely be urban though, it was an important military base. You could then make Portugal playable! Throw Iraq another city and you’d make it an even number of playable countries!

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Lol the wholesomeness. But I’d still call it Goa, that’s what it was known as by most people, and the province in actually wasn’t much larger than a city. Then again Luxembourg is a city so it would make more sense to call it Panjim looking at their system for naming things. It should definitely be urban though, it was an important military base. You could then make Portugal playable! Throw Iraq another city and you’d make it an even number of playable countries!
      Well, Their system of naming is according to the main city, so it's Panjim. Also, Goa is far bigger than just 'a city'. It is true that goa was the main base in asia for the empire, but it was far from an urban territory though. But for playability sake, it could be added. Another province that can be added is the port city of Mormugao, where a bunch of axis ships took refuge, rather than being sunk by the British.
      The Saviour
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Lol the wholesomeness. But I’d still call it Goa, that’s what it was known as by most people, and the province in actually wasn’t much larger than a city. Then again Luxembourg is a city so it would make more sense to call it Panjim looking at their system for naming things. It should definitely be urban though, it was an important military base. You could then make Portugal playable! Throw Iraq another city and you’d make it an even number of playable countries!
      No, Goa should be a plains province, not a city, since Bombay is so close by. Also, Portugal should probably not be playable, everyone would take their colonies and they will be left with only Lisbon.
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

No, Goa should be a plains province, not a city, since Bombay is so close by. Also, Portugal should probably not be playable, everyone would take their colonies and they will be left with only Lisbon.
      Agree on the plains part as Goa is a mainly level territory. But surrounded by forests and mountains at the border.
      The Saviour
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

We have that with The Netherlands and we still keep them. The worst you would have is a hard game, which many people would be up for. I mean whether they are an AI or not they will have their colonies stolen, doesn’t mean it would be a bad idea to have them.

• Brando Dilla wrote:

Claudio NVKP wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

It shouldn't be more than one province.
      True, but it also could be split up into three provinces1. Panjim (North)2. Mormugao/Vasco Da Gama (Middle)
      3. Margao (South)
      Danzig-style?
      But that would only make sense if it was a city. There is no need for three rural provinces if they are useless over all, right?