Comintern tactics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Well I usually don't play Comintern. If I playbit it will probni Soviet union in Historic ww or Blitzkrieg. I declare massive production of atrys, tanks, infantry und planes. You make what ever you are comfortable with. After I have enough I upgrade them.
      Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'... Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China.' - Bernard L. Montgomery
    • Doctrine is a matter of preference. Comintern is my second favorite. Here is my advice.

For navy, just focus on cruisers and destroyers. Anything else is situational. Commies get delayed access to battleship upgrades so don't bother. Double down and focus your research on cruisers. Commies get the best cruisers in the game and can build them cheaply. That should be enough to carry the day if you're active enough. But remember battleships can outrange you, so you have to be active.

Commies start a little weaker that other doctrines because they get the same number of starting units and the have the damage nerf. So you do have to pace yourself initially with expansion. Just focus on building lots of units in the early game while also building your economy. In the mid-game start, stop building new units and focus on skip level upgrading all those cheap units you build, or a second way to play is just focus on your economy in the early game and when day four comes, start building SP/motorized everything.

For ground units, rocket artillery is a very powerful unit and you get it on day one and can build them 20% faster and 15% cheaper, which is a significant head start over everyone else. Use that to your advantage.

I don't like tanks, but some do. Commies get a pretty good medium tank if you consider the trade-offs. You get early access to MT upgrades, and can build them 15% cheaper, and 20% faster than other doctrines. Also they get a buff that offsets the commie damage penalty.

With Commies, your biggest limitation is air defense and air superiority. You get delayed access to interceptor upgrades as well as SPAA. It's not glamorous, but it can be overcome. I have two strategies to deal with this depending on my situation. One way I play, instead of upgrading units mid game, I start building motorized/SP versions of everything. With enough SPAA, you can send a mobile stack all over an enemy's territory and if they've relied on bombers to counter fast movers, they're going to struggle and you won't have to worry about building a network of air strips to move your planes around. The second option is to just embrace the commie cheap units and build enough interceptors to overcome their inferiority. As Stalin said, quantity has a quality of it's own. I do have alliance mates swear by rocket fighters instead of commie interceptors. I haven't tried this approach personally, but know it can be done.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

Doctrine is a matter of preference. Comintern is my second favorite. Here is my advice.

For navy, just focus on cruisers and destroyers. Anything else is situational. Commies get delayed access to battleship upgrades so don't bother. Double down and focus your research on cruisers. Commies get the best cruisers in the game and can build them cheaply. That should be enough to carry the day if you're active enough. But remember battleships can outrange you, so you have to be active.

Commies start a little weaker that other doctrines because they get the same number of starting units and the have the damage nerf. So you do have to pace yourself initially with expansion. Just focus on building lots of units in the early game while also building your economy. In the mid-game start, stop building new units and focus on skip level upgrading all those cheap units you build, or a second way to play is just focus on your economy in the early game and when day four comes, start building SP/motorized everything.

For ground units, rocket artillery is a very powerful unit and you get it on day one and can build them 20% faster and 15% cheaper, which is a significant head start over everyone else. Use that to your advantage.

I don't like tanks, but some do. Commies get a pretty good medium tank if you consider the trade-offs. You get early access to MT upgrades, and can build them 15% cheaper, and 20% faster than other doctrines. Also they get a buff that offsets the commie damage penalty.

With Commies, your biggest limitation is air defense and air superiority. You get delayed access to interceptor upgrades as well as SPAA. It's not glamorous, but it can be overcome. I have two strategies to deal with this depending on my situation. One way I play, instead of upgrading units mid game, I start building motorized/SP versions of everything. With enough SPAA, you can send a mobile stack all over an enemy's territory and if they've relied on bombers to counter fast movers, they're going to struggle and you won't have to worry about building a network of air strips to move your planes around. The second option is to just embrace the commie cheap units and build enough interceptors to overcome their inferiority. As Stalin said, quantity has a quality of it's own. I do have alliance mates swear by rocket fighters instead of commie interceptors. I haven't tried this approach personally, but know it can be done.
      This I basically all I’d have to say. Fact is if you can survive the early game you can snow ball as you make more units, and thanks to lower upkeep you can keep making more units even later in the game. This exponential growth is very scary and makes commie doctrine ridiculously powerful late game. You eventually end up with a large force of decent units and can overwhelm your enemies.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate