philippine independente

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• DxC wrote:

People must be doing this to farm gold. Seems like something Bytro needs to address. They should make it so that the same account can't start a map as a major power if they already have done so with the last X days.
      You only get 3500-5000 at a time and that’s only if you win as Americans, Soviets, Germans, Japanese, British and more can very possibly beat you. I think it comes more down to finding a way to generally reduce inactivity rather than block off people.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • DxC wrote:

Ok, I just did this and see the problem. I had the 1939 filter on and was spamming "apply the filter" button until a brand new one came up. Within seconds of a brand new map popping up the major powers were taken.

Exactly.

Would't it be nice to see a HWW where the majors are driven by competent, active players?

And what's so bad about reserving the majors for higher level players?

A new player isn't capable of driving Germany. They will screw is up, for themselves and for everyone else. A new player should first learn the basics, playing as Tibet or South Africa or Bolivia. What are they going to do with a stack of tanks on the French border? Drive into the nearest fort, kill all the units on both sides, and quit.

Who wants to see that repeated ~50 times a day?

K.Rokossovski wrote:

HWW maps with a major power aren't very interesting to play for a good player anyway. You just steamroll everything, dropout ratio for minors is still the same, and there is no guarantee that fellow great powers are played by competent players. To me, the only challenge in HWW maps is to take a minor to world domination - and that is actually very doable as it is.

Of course, this is fun, too. It would be even more fun if the majors were driven by good players, so winning as Tibet could be more of a challenge. Right now, the main challenge is having enough patience to outlast the AI.

It's a real limitation to how much fun the HWW map brings to the community. It has so much potential for fun. Let's unlock the fun.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Exactly.

Would't it be nice to see a HWW where the majors are driven by competent, active players?

And what's so bad about reserving the majors for higher level players?

A new player isn't capable of driving Germany. They will screw is up, for themselves and for everyone else. A new player should first learn the basics, playing as Tibet or South Africa or Bolivia. What are they going to do with a stack of tanks on the French border? Drive into the nearest fort, kill all the units on both sides, and quit.

Who wants to see that repeated ~50 times a day?

Of course, this is fun, too. It would be even more fun if the majors were driven by good players, so winning as Tibet could be more of a challenge. Right now, the main challenge is having enough patience to outlast the AI.

It's a real limitation to how much fun the HWW map brings to the community. It has so much potential for fun. Let's unlock the fun.
      I think that is the better idea. Make so that only level 50-60 and above can play countries with over 100 points (minus Netherlands probably) this would prevent it from barring to much while bringing in better and more likely to be active players.

• I dunno what I'm doing right but I'm 3 for 3 in joining HWW games immediately after spawn and being the first one to choose a country. I haven't used this power to play as Germany yet but maybe I need to give it a shot.

Also worth noting that the number of players you see (e.g. 4/30) is the number of players who have clicked join; not necessarily all of them have chosen a country so don't just assume the one you want is taken.

And I 100% agree with wishing the major powers were more active, it's really a bummer to see all of them go inactive immediately on day 4. Why even bother?? And it's easy to tell who's going to go inactive, players with 200 or 300 games played and like 7 victories. I don't understand it tbh.
    • In the one I was looking at the x/30 went up to 8/30 in about 5 seconds. I didn't look at the countries for several seconds later, but all the large ones were taken once I looked. I guess you sit and wait like this to join a new map? Seems like the way to go and I guess a lot of people are doing it. What countries do you usually play?
    • I don't really have a "usually" since I've just been using this map as a testing ground and have only played it the three times, but I wanted Nat China, USA, and USA and was able to snag all three. Each time I think the counter showed some nonzero number of participants but I was still able to be the first person to join, according to the newspaper.

Another note is that you can actually join too fast, when the map hasn't loaded yet, forcing you back to the menu to try again. This happened at least once and I was still able to join.
    • I have learned the art of being a trigger finger when a game is made. My very first HWW game in fact was the USA, and I can usually snag them after the game is made. I’ve played all majors (some multiple times) and won as all but Italy. But even then it’s very painful how rare it is to get a decent major powers war. A fight between say a coalition of the US UK and Soviets vs Germany France and Italy would be a very fun thing to play, sadly like 80% of people go inactive lol.

• Another bummer is that too often the major powers make a coalition on day one. It isn't rare at all to see a coalition of like Germany, UK, USA and USSR forming immediately.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Another bummer is that too often the major powers make a coalition on day one. It isn't rare at all to see a coalition of like Germany, UK, USA and USSR forming immediately.
      That wouldn’t be too bad if there would at least be competitors. Usually those games become a chore for majors as they have to clear through multiple AI. The only thing anyone else (especially minors) can do is hope that one of them goes inactive and they can sneak into the coalition.