philippine independente

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nothing against the Philippine people and their struggle for independence, but that's not the problem with the HWW map.

The problem is that actual players, good players, don't control the countries that make the map interesting.

We get a couple of random idjits who grab the major powers and then either go inactive or camp out and wait for the game to be over. Then they pocket the gold rewards and do it again.

I've played and won as Turkey, Argentina, and a few others I can't remember, but I've never gotten Germany, and probably never will.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Nothing against the Philippine people and their struggle for independence, but that's not the problem with the HWW map.

The problem is that actual players, good players, don't control the countries that make the map interesting.

We get a couple of random idjits who grab the major powers and then either go inactive or camp out and wait for the game to be over. Then they pocket the gold rewards and do it again.

I've played and won as Turkey, Argentina, and a few others I can't remember, but I've never gotten Germany, and probably never will.
      I usually manage to get a major country, but then half the other ones go inactive or barely play. It’s very rare that I get decent players in the major countries, let alone the minors. I’ve even won a solo as Turkey before, meanwhile 90% of Turkey players go inactive. I really never get why people are to lazy to play the country they just picked. If you’re one of those people who join games to try and a get a major, and when you fail go inactive, all you have to do is leave the game instead of picking the country and you won’t hog a spot. Annoying.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Here's an idea. I would pay gold for the opportunity to play Germany on the HWW map. Make a waiting list. I will pay for the privilege of joining the waiting list, and in return I'm guaranteed my country of choice on my map of choice. This benefits everyone. Players like me get to try interesting starting locations, and everyone else benefits from more active maps. You're not going to see an inactive Germany if players have to pay to start there. You're going to see real wars between the major powers.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Here's an idea. I would pay gold for the opportunity to play Germany on the HWW map. Make a waiting list. I will pay for the privilege of joining the waiting list, and in return I'm guaranteed my country of choice on my map of choice. This benefits everyone. Players like me get to try interesting starting locations, and everyone else benefits from more active maps. You're not going to see an inactive Germany if players have to pay to start there. You're going to see real wars between the major powers.
      I would agree to that, if the same thing doesn’t always happen in premium maps for 5k gold. Soviets, US, UK your name it still commonly go inactive even if you have to pay gold, it’s weird.

Edit: Also what do mean by the waiting list? Like you pay a certain amount of gold before someone else and you get a country when the next map is made? Highest bidder? The ladder would obviously fall prey to pay to win players. As for the former, if 10 people say pay to play Germany in the next HWW that’s made, it would make the waiting list back up and take ages for the player to get their country right? It kinda seems flawed on that regard if it works that way.

• I've managed to get major countries like SU, Germany etc. in the past. Good timing and some luck is involved to catch a fresh hww game.
      But I often play as minor countries as well.
      I even have set myself a challenge to either get solo victory with netherlands, tibet or mandchukuo on hww.
      And yes, it angers me as much as it angers you guys, that people who pick ducking Germany or Soviet Union, countries where they are guaranteed to win with if they don't play stupid, often go inactive...

And while we are on the topic of playable countries, or countries in general that could be added to hww:
      My first idea for a playable country would be Hungary, adding some more provinces and cities and you'd be good to go.
      Another idea would be (I know that it could anger people who like to play China) to split up China into their respective warlord states.
      And of course, adding countries like Liechtenstein and Andorra, I mean, we already got Danzig after all.
      :tumbleweed:
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Here's an idea. I would pay gold for the opportunity to play Germany on the HWW map. Make a waiting list. I will pay for the privilege of joining the waiting list, and in return I'm guaranteed my country of choice on my map of choice. This benefits everyone. Players like me get to try interesting starting locations, and everyone else benefits from more active maps. You're not going to see an inactive Germany if players have to pay to start there. You're going to see real wars between the major powers.
      There's an option to pay 5,000 gold for a private HWW map (other people would also have to pay gold to join)

If you create the map, you'll have first dibs on the country selection, so there's nothing stopping you from having Germany.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Also what do mean by the waiting list? Like you pay a certain amount of gold before someone else and you get a country when the next map is made? Highest bidder? The ladder would obviously fall prey to pay to win players. As for the former, if 10 people say pay to play Germany in the next HWW that’s made, it would make the waiting list back up and take ages for the player to get their country right? It kinda seems flawed on that regard if it works that way.

It could be first come first serve for a fixed price, in which case you might have to wait for a few HWW maps before getting to play Germany. Or it could be an auction, to make the queue move faster for those willing to pay more.
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

There's an option to pay 5,000 gold for a private HWW map (other people would also have to pay gold to join)
      If you create the map, you'll have first dibs on the country selection, so there's nothing stopping you from having Germany.

That's not the same thing. Private maps are not ranked, and they often include modified rules. Maybe this is what people are doing today, starting maps just to try out USA and Germany, but you can't really "play" this way. The map is not advertised at the top of the games tab. Regular people don't join. It's a dead map.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

That's not the same thing. Private maps are not ranked, and they often include modified rules. Maybe this is what people are doing today, starting maps just to try out USA and Germany, but you can't really "play" this way. The map is not advertised at the top of the games tab. Regular people don't join. It's a dead map.Also what do mean by the waiting list? Like you pay a certain amount of gold before someone else and you get a country when the next map is made? Highest bidder? The ladder would obviously fall prey to pay to win players. As for the former, if 10 people say pay to play Germany in the next HWW that’s made, it would make the waiting list back up and take ages for the player to get their country right? It kinda seems flawed on that regard if it works that way.
      The problem is this doesn’t affect much. I already see people taking the major countries in the unranked at the bottom games you are talking about, and they still do the thing where they spew toxicity and leave or easily lose. This wouldn’t change much except make people pay gold to have basically the same games.

• People are less likely to behave like idjits if they have to pay to join.

Those same people who join 100 maps just to spew nonsense on the forums will keep doing it, but they will do it as Tibet, or the Philippines. But they will quit, and then you and I can ignore them because they are out of the way and irrelevant to what happens between the USSR and Germany,
    • z00mz00m wrote:

People are less likely to behave like idjits if they have to pay to join.

Those same people who join 100 maps just to spew nonsense on the forums will keep doing it, but they will do it as Tibet, or the Philippines. But they will quit, and then you and I can ignore them because they are out of the way and irrelevant to what happens between the USSR and Germany,
      I still see it in 5000 gold games. Making it for individual countries would only hurt things, not to mention now you have to pay to play, which would damage the player base. The sad part is you’re always gonna have assholes, it’s not worth hurting players to stop them.

• Nobody is getting hurt by a country preference fee. You and I and all the idjits can still join as random countries. The difference is that more popular countries on maps like HWW would get more dedicated players. This would make the map more interesting for everyone. Germany would be active. USA with be active. Japan would be active. We would get real wars between major powers. That's what HWW is supposed to be.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Nobody is getting hurt by a country preference fee. You and I and all the idjits can still join as random countries. The difference is that more popular countries on maps like HWW would get more dedicated players. This would make the map more interesting for everyone. Germany would be active. USA with be active. Japan would be active. We would get real wars between major powers. That's what HWW is supposed to be.
      The thing is it doesn’t work. I don’t see a difference in premium maps so I don’t see there being a difference in single countries either. Plus not all players have enough gold to get a country in the game. You can no longer build gold as you’d have to spend 5000 to possibly earn 3500 to 5000.

• First, "premium" maps don't matter. They are hidden. Nobody joins them.

Second, you don't have to pay for a major power in every map you join. You're not playing HWW every time. I hope you play other maps as well. Once in a while, you get the idea to try HWW to experience a major power, and you pay a gold fee to try it.

I don't see what's so controversial about this idea. I want to see interesting HWW maps where the top countries aren't run by idjits.

It doesn't even have to be a fee. They can make the major powers limited to players with at least 10 solo wins, or set a level minimum. That could also work. But an idea that makes Bytro money is more likely to be implemented.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

First, "premium" maps don't matter. They are hidden. Nobody joins them.

Second, you don't have to pay for a major power in every map you join. You're not playing HWW every time. I hope you play other maps as well. Once in a while, you get the idea to try HWW to experience a major power, and you pay a gold fee to try it.

I don't see what's so controversial about this idea. I want to see interesting HWW maps where the top countries aren't run by idjits.

It doesn't even have to be a fee. They can make the major powers limited to players with at least 10 solo wins, or set a level minimum. That could also work. But an idea that makes Bytro money is more likely to be implemented.
      Well it’s sad that the no one’s who join them still go inactive, that’s gotta mean something.

I just don’t like the idea of a thing being put behind a pay wall just because you want to prevent idiots. Honestly who says trolls won’t do the same thing? As for me I only have 9 solo wins, since the rest are coalition. About 40 something on this account. I’ve almost never gone inactive, especially when it was with a major country. A level minimum might be better, but it feels strange for more experienced players to get better countries. It’ll weaken the map as it increases the learning curve.

This just all makes it feel like a worse idea. While the fools are pretty damaging I don’t think the other extreme is much better. There has to be a better way to increase activity that does not in on hurting the majority of the playerbase.

• HWW maps with a major power aren't very interesting to play for a good player anyway. You just steamroll everything, dropout ratio for minors is still the same, and there is no guarantee that fellow great powers are played by competent players. To me, the only challenge in HWW maps is to take a minor to world domination - and that is actually very doable as it is.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

HWW maps with a major power aren't very interesting to play for a good player anyway. You just steamroll everything, dropout ratio for minors is still the same, and there is no guarantee that fellow great powers are played by competent players. To me, the only challenge in HWW maps is to take a minor to world domination - and that is actually very doable as it is.
      Well another challenge is to take a major and try for a solo. Especially with something like Germany, where fighting all of Europe is enjoyable and doable. And of course for some it’s the RP aspect of being the Soviet Union, United States, etc…