French language support

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• French language support

Recently I have to play as English server because no French language support is availabil... does someone know when it will return? I am a native French speaker but also speak some English so it's not that big of deal but still it would be nice to have language support back...
    • When the language group is small, there's not much chance to get decent opponents; that's why so many people with different languages play on the international servers anyway.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

When the language group is small, there's not much chance to get decent opponents; that's why so many people with different languages play on the international servers anyway.
      Well to be fair French is a huge language, with 300 million speakers, being the 5th most spoken language on Earth. As time goes on it would be a good language to add. You’d have plenty of people willing to translate it, and a good amount of players to gain actually.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • I was talking about the French CoW community, not the language in general.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

I was talking about the French CoW community, not the language in general.
      Of course but I mean over time if you put in the effort there is a good player base to gain here. I don’t think it would be too costly to translate it right? Just seems like an easy way to eventually expand, but to be fair what do I know lol.

• Translating isn't complicated (they probably already did), but marketing is. You have to find the right channels to advertise and talk to them in the right way. The market for Chinese players is obviously huge, but without a conscious and dedicated effort to bring them in, they will never know the game even exists EVEN if it was translated into Chinese. That's an effort and a risk that a small company like Bytro must make very consciously.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Translating isn't complicated (they probably already did), but marketing is. You have to find the right channels to advertise and talk to them in the right way. The market for Chinese players is obviously huge, but without a conscious and dedicated effort to bring them in, they will never know the game even exists EVEN if it was translated into Chinese. That's an effort and a risk that a small company like Bytro must make very consciously.
      You have a point. While it may seem that France, China etc all have huge markets it’s very difficult to break in and make enough players to profit. When you’re as big as Bytro you don’t have the power of a huge corporation to break into a market with ease. They have to choose every step carefully and intelligently; that includes how they use time.

• K.Rokossovski wrote:

Translating isn't complicated (they probably already did), but marketing is. You have to find the right channels to advertise and talk to them in the right way. The market for Chinese players is obviously huge, but without a conscious and dedicated effort to bring them in, they will never know the game even exists EVEN if it was translated into Chinese. That's an effort and a risk that a small company like Bytro must make very consciously.
      If Bytro wants to release the game to Chinese markets, they would have to make maps that conform to the world boundaries recognized by the Chinese government (ex. Taiwan has to be Chinese)
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

If Bytro wants to release the game to Chinese markets, they would have to make maps that conform to the world boundaries recognized by the Chinese government (ex. Taiwan has to be Chinese)
      That’s another beast of its own. These days you can’t really market a game in China without breaking ethical boundaries. But I disagree that they’d force Taiwan to be Chinese since it’s a historical game. Of this was Conflict of Nations then sure but yeah. China.