New unit aircraft truck

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lord Crayfish wrote:

Still light armour. Just invisible on tech tree, just upgrade possibility happens at same time as convoys are researched.
      Piggy backing off that you could have it work like paratroopers, adding it to convoys where both go up if researched. You can still keep them in their respective tech trees though, just that if you research one both go up.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • eeee wrote:

ooh what if there was like a logistic branch that would be cool but unlikely I feel like the convoy idea is genius but renamed as logistics would be better and put in secret tech branch which is pretty much Miscellaneous.
      That would be a good idea. Maybe also add a healing unit like a medical or supply truck?

• Carking the 6th wrote:

That would be a good idea. Maybe also add a healing unit like a medical or supply truck?
      I would say not because the "pieces" in the game represent an entire unit with (in infantry's case), thousands of men (the units in COW seem more to be a battalion, assuming 1 manpower = 1 soldier), in three battalions, plus machine guns, regimental artillery, &c; as well as horses, lorries, &c. for logistics, probably travelling armouries, medics, kitchens, etc. too. The whole lot. This heals automatically on day presumably change as a result of its internal medical units.

It also doesn't seem to be harmonious with the complexity level, and what is complex, in CoW.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

I would say not because the "pieces" in the game represent an entire unit with (in infantry's case), thousands of men (the units in COW seem more to be a battalion, assuming 1 manpower = 1 soldier), in three battalions, plus machine guns, regimental artillery, &c; as well as horses, lorries, &c. for logistics, probably travelling armouries, medics, kitchens, etc. too. The whole lot. This heals automatically on day presumably change as a result of its internal medical units.
      It also doesn't seem to be harmonious with the complexity level, and what is complex, in CoW.
      Then why wouldn’t these units heal on allied or enemy land? It always felt more like supplies trying to reach them and not succeeding if not on your land for some reason. Either way I’d still like the freaking ability to heal units ahhhhh!