French Colonies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• French Colonies

I believe the French colony of Syria should have several more infantry and militia units, to represent the Batalia Sirique (Syrian Battalion). They were active in that region in the 30s and 40s. The battalion consisted of several thousand soldiers, and since each infantry unit is about 1000 soldiers there should probably be 6 or 7 more added.
    • Plus from what I remember Iraq, Palestine, Transjordan along with Egypt had way more forces than France in the Middle East. Since most of them are independent from the UK it kinda ruin an already messed up balance.

Edit:Plus there is also the Arab Legion in Jordan, so why wouldn’t Transjordan have more units?
      britannica.com/topic/Arab-Legion

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carking the 6th: Wanted to talk about Jordanian history for national pride… ().

• Guys, we can not really make HWW realistic and translate it to CoW terms. It would make the game unplayable. For example, recruiting and the maintenance of the troops in the field is pushed to the extreme simplicity. And this is rightly so, because it would be impossible for me to build a tank factory on Grönland or Borneo to produce Tiger tanks. France gets a fleet that is impossible to beat as Turkey or Persia for many days. They get 4 potential production centers with an empire's worth of production. By all means, if France wants to focus on the Middle East, only a coalition or only Britain can stop them.
    • Fellenore wrote:

Guys, we can not really make HWW realistic and translate it to CoW terms. It would make the game unplayable. For example, recruiting and the maintenance of the troops in the field is pushed to the extreme simplicity. And this is rightly so, because it would be impossible for me to build a tank factory on Grönland or Borneo to produce Tiger tanks. France gets a fleet that is impossible to beat as Turkey or Persia for many days. They get 4 potential production centers with an empire's worth of production. By all means, if France wants to focus on the Middle East, only a coalition or only Britain can stop them.
      True, unless you give Turkey time. I’ve won solos as them so i’d know you can crush Europe if you play your cards right.

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Fellenore wrote:

Guys, we can not really make HWW realistic and translate it to CoW terms. It would make the game unplayable. For example, recruiting and the maintenance of the troops in the field is pushed to the extreme simplicity. And this is rightly so, because it would be impossible for me to build a tank factory on Grönland or Borneo to produce Tiger tanks. France gets a fleet that is impossible to beat as Turkey or Persia for many days. They get 4 potential production centers with an empire's worth of production. By all means, if France wants to focus on the Middle East, only a coalition or only Britain can stop them.
      True, unless you give Turkey time. I’ve won solos as them so i’d know you can crush Europe if you play your cards right.
      Yup. Or Persia. I won solos with Turkey and Persia as well. But I don't wanna brag or anything, if either France of the UK focused on beating me, they could. Especially Turkey, because 4 out of 6 Turkey's cores could be smashed with fleet bombardment in the very first days.
    • Fellenore wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Fellenore wrote:

Yup. Or Persia. I won solos with Turkey and Persia as well. But I don't wanna brag or anything, if either France of the UK focused on beating me, they could. Especially Turkey, because 4 out of 6 Turkey's cores could be smashed with fleet bombardment in the very first days.
      Yeah you have to bide your time and build a decent force before you even think about touching them. But once you are strong enough you should be able to force them to give the colonies either way. You just gotta time things right.

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Fellenore wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Fellenore wrote:

Yeah you have to bide your time and build a decent force before you even think about touching them. But once you are strong enough you should be able to force them to give the colonies either way. You just gotta time things right.

Maybe I'm in the wrong games, but I'd like to see such a slow-paced, chilled game once. In my games, HWW is usually over by day 12-16. Usually by me. The point is, there is no time for a small nation like Turkey to "build up", at least not in the games I've played so far. It works with the great powers with ample resources and a lot of cities, but it certainly doesn't work for small nations like Turkey and Persia, with 5-6 production cities, lagging behind in technology, fielding practically no army.

In the beginning phases Turkey, Persia and the such must expand rapidly, if they want to be competitive with the USA, the SU, UK and the other big boys around day 8-10. Until then, hopefully, they are either inactive or active against someone else. Persia is slightly better off if major powers are active, because it doesn't need to have a fleet necessarily. On the other hand, if Turkey encounters little activity, it's waaay better for them, because Greece can be taken with a few battleships and a mop up force pretty swiftly.

In general, I advocate for rapid expansion. Why?
      1. At the beginning, the loot and especially the morale boost (when taking capitals after capitals) is the main drive behind production, not upgrading industries
      2. CoW is the game where you can invade a country with 10 divisions and finish the campaign with 15, because you'll get extra production sites, for which you don't have to pay resources
      3. I lead my troops better than most (15.66 KD), and way better than AIs (47.74 KD)

In general, upgrading economy first is a loser's lane if you're not a great power.
    • Fellenore wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Fellenore wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Fellenore wrote:

Maybe I'm in the wrong games, but I'd like to see such a slow-paced, chilled game once. In my games, HWW is usually over by day 12-16. Usually by me. The point is, there is no time for a small nation like Turkey to "build up", at least not in the games I've played so far. It works with the great powers with ample resources and a lot of cities, but it certainly doesn't work for small nations like Turkey and Persia, with 5-6 production cities, lagging behind in technology, fielding practically no army.

In the beginning phases Turkey, Persia and the such must expand rapidly, if they want to be competitive with the USA, the SU, UK and the other big boys around day 8-10. Until then, hopefully, they are either inactive or active against someone else. Persia is slightly better off if major powers are active, because it doesn't need to have a fleet necessarily. On the other hand, if Turkey encounters little activity, it's waaay better for them, because Greece can be taken with a few battleships and a mop up force pretty swiftly.

1. At the beginning, the loot and especially the morale boost (when taking capitals after capitals) is the main drive behind production, not upgrading industries
      2. CoW is the game where you can invade a country with 10 divisions and finish the campaign with 15, because you'll get extra production sites, for which you don't have to pay resources
      3. I lead my troops better than most (15.66 KD), and way better than AIs (47.74 KD)

In general, upgrading economy first is a loser's lane if you're not a great power.
      The idea would be to stretch it out. Many of my games last up to like 40 days, usually in the 20s. Your best bet is to coordinate with others to attack majors together in the mid game, overwhelming them and usually causing them to lose, go inactive, or give up their colonies. Then from there the name of the game is to expand and grow, work with others to invade the USSR or USA before they get to strong, and play as normal. You gotta put down the Majors after a week, before they get to strong and while you have at least somewhat made some strides. They are not all powerful and unstoppable, working with others and eventually making it a game of minors.

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Fellenore wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Fellenore wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Fellenore wrote:

The idea would be to stretch it out. Many of my games last up to like 40 days, usually in the 20s. Your best bet is to coordinate with others to attack majors together in the mid game, overwhelming them and usually causing them to lose, go inactive, or give up their colonies. Then from there the name of the game is to expand and grow, work with others to invade the USSR or USA before they get to strong, and play as normal. You gotta put down the Majors after a week, before they get to strong and while you have at least somewhat made some strides. They are not all powerful and unstoppable, working with others and eventually making it a game of minors.
      I agree