I won!!! :)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I won!!! :)

After playing and losing 4-5 games, I finally won with the majority of the points in the game. It was crazy how more than 15 countries declared war on me in the last 10 days or so, but I managed to push back on each one by throwing everything at my nearest enemies and giving very little territory in return. I was also very lucky no one ever attacked my home/original country which meant morale was an issue abroad but never at home. In the last day or so I was very close to running out of troops as two countries decided to invade me and it took forever to replenish the troops so far away. Fortunately for me, they invaded near my front so help wasn't too far to quickly veer towards them.

A few bugs or odd features I encountered were when my troops entered a territory and it did not convert to mine. I hated this.

Another feature I really didn't like is when a nation that is sleeping for weeks suddenly has a person in charge and invades. In most games before, this killed me as it caught me off guard. In this one, I managed ok most of the time, or at least held the borders in place. It was crazy when the largest nations suddenly declared war on me; but I attacked from multiple sides forcing them to spread out.

Another feature I didn't like is when someone joins full of gold (cash?) and quickly builds up an armada. What's the fun in that? The spying/city demoralising/ability to see where everything is in advance (in the fog of war) in my mind is plain cheating.

Finally, when people start out and say they are leaving and offer all their resources away - but are actually taking everything away from people on hour 0. I think this is definitely cheating, not a feature of good strategy.

Anyways, this was my last game. It was fun. I won. But now is time for a new hobby.

Pic attached, victory lap! Good luck!
      Images
      • wow.jpg

574.79 kB, 2,551×1,246, viewed 134 times
    • 1. Being able to buy and use gold is intentional, Bytro wants to earn some money from this game so its fair ig.
      + Not everyone knows how to properly use gold, I've seen people who probably have spent hundreds of thousands of gold but still got utterly defeated.
      2. Those resource scam trades you get is especially confusing for inexperienced players but it's not cheating nor is it illegal yet. I wouldn't recommend doing it, not only because of the morality, but also because those people who received the scams could team up and hunt you down, possibly even over multiple games.
      3. Some countries, mostly AI countries, attack you late game because of low popularity.
      Your popularity goes down when you attack multiple countries at once and attack without war declaration.
      You can try to keep your popularity high by giving every AI way of right or shared map at the beginning of the game.
      Attacking unpopular countries boosts it as well, so that you shouldn't have problems with 100 million bots attacking you at once lategame.
      :tumbleweed:
    • Why quit when you just learned how to play? There's much more to discover!
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.