Share your shortest victories.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Share your shortest victories.

Let's talk about games we won in very short periods of time.
      What was your shortest game (that you actually won), or at least, survived in?
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Seems pretty strong. Has force in north Asia, the East Indies, and China & close enough to support each other, dominate Asia within a week, can keep a hand in America as needed.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • As Germany a coalition and I managed to win a HWW in 12 days. Active majors can do things quick. Don’t remember the members of the coalition but they were majors. Major alliance games are pretty easy, which is sad cause I like having huge wars between majors instead. But hey quick easy win I guess lol.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

The coalition game amorite?
      Yeah. Day 4 has just started and we're already at 370/904 points.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Ah right... I was looking at day 3's paper. 500/904, correct.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Major alliance games are pretty easy, which is sad cause I like having huge wars between majors instead.
      Depends on the major. I've been in games with high-ranking players who just sit there doing nothing for most of the time, and when they do fight they turn out not to be that competent. Since it's possible to achieve high ranks just by being a long-term player, I tend to ignore peoples' ranks when checking their service records to see what I'm in for.
      But yes, a clash of mighty empires would be much cooler than watching them gang up on weaker nations.

I prefer prolonging victories, which sometimes involves fiddling around deciding who's going to be in which coalition.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Major alliance games are pretty easy, which is sad cause I like having huge wars between majors instead.
      Depends on the major. I've been in games with high-ranking players who just sit there doing nothing for most of the time, and when they do fight they turn out not to be that competent. Since it's possible to achieve high ranks just by being a long-term player, I tend to ignore peoples' ranks when checking their service records to see what I'm in for.But yes, a clash of mighty empires would be much cooler than watching them gang up on weaker nations.

I prefer prolonging victories, which sometimes involves fiddling around deciding who's going to be in which coalition.
      Yes, those rank 120 players with a K/D of .25 and 3 wins out of 200 games are usually not very good most of the time, and also go inactive. With me though I like to end games as fast as possible; I don’t want to let a chance for a quicker victory to slip. Though it is fun getting Germany and then steamrolling half the planet…

• Carking the 6th wrote:

With me though I like to end games as fast as possible; I don’t want to let a chance for a quicker victory to slip. Though it is fun getting Germany and then steamrolling half the planet…
      I'm the opposite; I recently left a very promising coalition that was thirty or so cities away from victory for the sole purpose of prolonging the game. I always feel dissatisfied if I had some long-term scheme I never get to carry out because of an early victory, and I'm willing to gamble away first place to have more fun getting there.

I suppose it depends on whether you gain more satisfaction from the outcome of a plan, or the process of developing one.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

With me though I like to end games as fast as possible; I don’t want to let a chance for a quicker victory to slip. Though it is fun getting Germany and then steamrolling half the planet…
      I'm the opposite; I recently left a very promising coalition that was thirty or so cities away from victory for the sole purpose of prolonging the game. I always feel dissatisfied if I had some long-term scheme I never get to carry out because of an early victory, and I'm willing to gamble away first place to have more fun getting there.
      I suppose it depends on whether you gain more satisfaction from the outcome of a plan, or the process of developing one.
      I do love becoming a global spanning empire and trying to build infrastructure and other civilian buildings in the many cities I rule. It’s like, once I take over the world, I will reveal my secret plan! My great plan is to… MUHAHAHA, it’s to end world hunger, stop climate change, promote world peace, develop infrastructure and economic prosperity, battle racism and sexism, start a space program…

:D