Liberia playthrough

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Liberia playthrough

Joined a game hoping to join as Luxembourg.
      All of them were taken so I joined one. Took one of the last I think, only an hour left. I had a choice between Paraguay, Uruguay, any number of Central American countries, Siam, Liberia, or Portugal. I chose Liberia because it is surrounded by one or two great colonial powers and as such is limited in its expansion, but those powers have tiny forces in its proximity.

My plan:
      - Invade French Africa and take Ouagadougou.
      - Continue to expand in Africa and make it worthless for him to retaliate.
      - ????
      - Coalition victory :D

Day 1:
      Quickly established foreign policy. Allied with Honduras, a gateway to alliances with Guatemala and Luxembourg (who is doing the challenge). Brazil is a noob. Turns out France is only lvl.44. Britain is lvl.101 and was willing to ally, and I have applied to his coalition. Oddly Mongolia was VERY quick to open relations -- an encounter from an older game, perhaps?
      Researching light tanks. I plan on armoured cars and possibly tanks, motorised or mechanised (I am allied) infantry with air once I secure rare deposits, may others be so good as to give feedback?
      Images
      • Liberia1.png

686.74 kB, 768×432, viewed 234 times
      • Liberia2.png

500.45 kB, 768×432, viewed 79 times
      Kneel before the might of Bangladesh

The post was edited 3 times, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• Update:
      Motorised infantry, tactical bomber research has finished. I have declared war on France. My armoured cars will race through the empty desert, capturing strategic resources (oil, rare, goods) while the main force moves up to take Ouagadougou while destroying a nearby garrison. A small contingent will seize the parachute drop in Tabou and connect with British Togoland.
      In light of the 23rd stratagem I have encouraged Germany to declare war on France. Hopefully France will be too preoccupied to bother with me. He got completely massacred (44 units killed) trying to invade the UK, courtesy of the RN.
      Panama has quite the spirit, annexing US-controlled Canal Zone. Oman declared war on Yemen, Saudi Arabia, the UK, and Persia simultaneously and is winning. A lvl.130 and probably worth befriending. All quiet on the Far Eastern front; Manchukuo is unmolested, even Macau is fine. Japan is wasting a perfectly good country.
      Images
      • Liberia3.png

658.94 kB, 805×423, viewed 36 times

The post was edited 3 times, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• I sign in after a few hours (slaap heb ik nog nodig) and find that Paraguay (lvl.108) has chosen to ally over a coordinated Brazil offensive. Brazil (lvl.43) offers £150,000 for shared map. Naturally, I accept.
      By now, Ouagadougou is mine, and the Saharan resources as well. I start industrialising the goods province. West Africa now looks like the attachment below:

In other news Europe is getting interesting. The USSR has invaded Poland, who has held out for nearly one in-game day with decent losses inflicted. Asia is motionless except an Australian incursion into the Dutch East Indies. Mexico and the USA both break through the others' front line, resulting in bordergore
      Images
      • Liberia4.png

465.59 kB, 583×389, viewed 41 times
      • Liberia5.png

155.78 kB, 480×195, viewed 39 times
    • Update day 4
      Argentina has completed consumed my ally, Paraguay. A new alliance may be in order.
      Brazil has sent a cruiser over. I fear the worst until he shares map. Turns out he is helping by landing force in Africa. He is rallying force north, so I have no reason to expect invasion soon. I apply to his coalition as the UK is not cooperating.
      It's now a race to Algeria between me, Brazil, and British Egypt (who has kicked Italy out of Libya)
      Africa now looks like this:
      Images
      • Liberia6.png

463.27 kB, 642×352, viewed 53 times
    • Update -- in-game Day 7
      Liberian troops reach the Mediterranean. Liberian armoured columns parade through the streets of Constantine, as armies march in to liberate Oran, Agadir, and Marrakech. Algiers is the prize fish, while Tunis may offer more resistance.

I wake up to find Egypt at war with me, presumably upon attacking the same province? He offers peace, which I accept for now as he has higher-level troops. The terms? Keep out of Central Africa, as my forces have landed in the Congo and Leopoldville has been liberated.

My goods deficit is outweighed by the human-generated stock market offering £1.1 and £2.0 respectively for a total of 7,600 goods; I can easily afford this.
      I now have a conflicting combination of a death wish, because in this scenario I have little to lose, and a curiosity to see how far I can get. I think I'll take Madagascar because the unification of Africa is my goal.
      World news:
      Asia is now not so peaceful although Japan and China are as irresponsible. Nepal taking over Tibet is the only remotely interesting thing happening East of Suez. Arabia has become bordergore. Britain is doing poorly in South Africa, with the equivalent of 5 days put into the fight. The USA is collapsing in its core.
      Images
      • Liberia7.png

927.79 kB, 1,152×435, viewed 40 times
      • Liberia9.png

296.74 kB, 711×268, viewed 40 times
      • Liberia8.png

361.37 kB, 554×402, viewed 34 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• Minor update:
      I've fully captured North Africa and taken four supply drops. This game's been good to me with blueprints.
      Cuba is making an incursion into Africa. We shared map.
      All of South America now belongs to Argentina or Brazil, except a pocket of resistance in Ecuador, and Cuban occupation of British Guyana.
    • Update again:
      Egypt controls much of Africa, and, since it looks like the UK is impotent, they will be the main adversary. Egypt is known to have used at least 1 battleship against Italy so I send a submarine to scout.Brazil has started to land field armies in Africa. I am conquering Portuguese possessions partly for points, and partly to constrict British land routes into South Africa. We are in 1st place and 1/4 to victory!

Meanwhile China is embroiled in turmoil. Nepal is fighting an unorganised and confused war in Tibet. The Kuomintang are losing as the Communists advance on Wuhan. The Sino-Japanese War has continued apathetically, with some nominal captures by both sides and the bombing of Nagasaki by China.
      Images
      • Liberia10.png

408.17 kB, 822×384, viewed 36 times
      • Liberia11.png

309.16 kB, 590×346, viewed 37 times

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• Kolonnos wrote:

I can't stop reading this story!
      Good. Seems worth continuing then :D
      It's not going so well in the Congo. Belgian partisans are strongly opposing the liberation and are being hosted in UK territory. SP artillery is doing badly, so I will need to divert troops and planes from North Africa. Fortunately Brazil has an area army stationed in the Atlas mountains; my strategic re-evaluation shows British Egypt looks less of a threat, but is probably more of one, than previously thought.
      Images
      • Liberia13.png

922.17 kB, 718×534, viewed 40 times
    • As of 20 hours after the last post, the last of Liberian resistance fell to British Egypt. Our grandiose plans for a pan-African Union came to nothing. Our allies will continue the struggle but IDK how that is going.

That was fun and I learnt that I do not like speed rounds particularly. But I will be joining a World at War again sometime soon.