Daily Benchmarks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Daily Benchmarks

Hello, I have some questions, I'll number them, to be easier to respond to specific ones:

1. Is it important to always have research going at all times?
      2. Is it important to always have troops being produced in all cities at all times?
      3. Is it important to always construct buildings at all times?

As a new players, I thought having these 3 always going was important, to not fall behind, so I used quite a few boosters to keep all these going at all times

4. How many troops should one have at the end of day 1/2..7 etc? (roughly)
      5. How many wars going on at the same time?
      6. How many territories occupied/ VPs earned?

7. How many airstrips? (I feel like by expanding every day, you need to also build lots of airstrips every day, but that kinda strains the budget)

8. I'm out of resources and I feel like all are important, but I don't know what to build: Industry to level 5 / Local Industry / keep researching continuously / Recruit Stations / Airstrips / build more troops / upgrade old troops - There's a lot to do, not many resources, and as a new player, it's kind of overwhelming :)

Are there any guides that detail all these things daily, to get a sense of the priorities, the resource constraints

Thank you
    • Rautz wrote:

Hello, I have some questions, I'll number them, to be easier to respond to specific ones:

2. Is it important to always have troops being produced in all cities at all times?

As a new players, I thought having these 3 always going was important, to not fall behind, so I used quite a few boosters to keep all these going at all times

7. How many airstrips? (I feel like by expanding every day, you need to also build lots of airstrips every day, but that kinda strains the budget)

8. I'm out of resources and I feel like all are important, but I don't know what to build: Industry to level 5 / Local Industry / keep researching continuously / Recruit Stations / Airstrips / build more troops / upgrade old troops - There's a lot to do, not many resources, and as a new player, it's kind of overwhelming :)

Are there any guides that detail all these things daily, to get a sense of the priorities, the resource constraints

Thank you
      1. Only when needed, but it is best to always have better units than your adversaries.

2. If you can maintain that production, absolutely.

3. Only when needed, for industry, recruiting stations, infrastructure, but do not invest in Propaganda Stations(Worst thing in game)

4. By end of day one you should have 35-42 units, after that there is no requirement because wars affect those numbers, but getting at least 20-25 units a day will be sufficient, more would be better.

5. As many as you want. There is no limit. But only fight if you think you can win.

6. By end of day 1, you should have taken another country, or be almost done already, after that it varies.

7. Only build what you need, don't group airstrips and make them higher levels instead of making a lot.

8. I will provide a situation: You are Poland, you just finished a war with Commie Russia, and now Germany is attacking you, your army is nearly gone and you don't have enough resources with your current production to win, the answer to most problems is making industry first, the first day yo should do industry in every city and all other provinces which give resources, this gives you more in the long run, but keep making industry throughout the game.

Only upgrade old troops that are above 65%-70% health otherwise its kinda a waste.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Rautz wrote:

Thank you
      1. In the first few days it isn't, because your resource budget is so tight and there are so many priorities, that research can sometimes be stalled until later in the game. Especially the high "resource cost to time spent" ones (like L1's for AT, fighters, subs, and a host of others) should be avoided UNLESS you actually want to start building those units right now. From about day 4 onwards, resources become much more abundant, and research changes from "resource constrained" to "time constrained". From there, you should always strive to keep your slots occupied.
      2. Absolutely not. Maybe in the final stages of the game you have enough resources (and manpower!) to keep most running, but in the early stages it is too expensive for your resource income. Build only what you can afford resource-wise; and yes that means idle cities a lot of the time.
      3. Again, absolutely not. Build what you need and can afford. In a typical game, core cities would typically have one production building, L5 industry and L3 RC's, and nothing else. Building those industries and RC's doesn't have to be continuous either; again this is primarily resource-constrained and not build-slot-constrained.
      4. I'd say 40 units at the end of day 1 is wildly exagerated; I'd say you're fine on 25-30, especially when you started investing in industry as well. I don't usually do unit counts for the time after that; just keep spending the resources as much as you can, save your units from destruction, and you'll do just fine on the army reports that appear on day 4-8-12-16 etc.
      5. Don't be afraid of declaring more wars when you can exploit them and conquer more lands; when you can't, don't declare. There's no real absolute benchmark in numbers, because the attention drain of any war on your army differs wildly from war to war.
      6. In the early days, an experienced player can easily take out two major (and usually inactive) countries; and later on, that number only goes up. As an inexperienced player, you should strive to learn how to do that. You'll find that most of your opponents don't expand at that speed.
      7. Air strips should primaly be close enough to eachother so your planes can fly from one to the other directly, and then spread them like that across your country to all the other areas where you want to operate planes at all (for example, when you're Japan and you conquered Kamchatka, you usually don't need air bases there because you don't want to operate planes there). You don't need more than this basic "framework" unless you are in an intense battle with a skilled opponent, when you want to have some more near the front as a backup for when the "main" ones are destroyed or unusable, and to create more detailed options for range considerations.
      8. Wow, that's a super-broad question... it all depends on your play style, really. There are some specifically bad choices of course (like building industry in a province without resources, or outside your core; infrastructure in the small area of a city; port facilities in a remote area where your troops will never board, etc), but otherwise, it is very game-dependent. Obviously it is a bad idea to start elaborate work on industry when your neighbor invades you on day 1, but when you're all peace and quiet, you should absolutely invest. Units are important when you want to expand fast, but when you have RL obligations in the coming days that will prevent you to use them, not so much. Etc, etc. It is all about specific situations, and that's what makes it an interesting game... you don't want to just follow templates, right?

Plenty of guides and how-to's for a host of subjects can be found on this forum:
      Community created Guides & Videos
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Good tips. On research, I don't think that doing research for the sake of research is worthwhile. Plan out the types of units you're going to use and plan out when you're going to upgrade your existing units. If you're aiming for Level 3 of something but don't need a ton of them immediately you may want to pause production until L3 research is complete. If that's the case, you don't need to do L2 research until just before L3 becomes available.

Generally, don't produce any units you don't need, and don't research any units that you won't produce. Being near the top of the Most Advanced list usually means you've been overdoing research.
    • For most games I'd say for the first couple/few days reserve enough resources to keep one or two factories producing lvl 1 artillery 24/7. Other than that invest in industries that produce resources that allow you to invest in more industry. Investing in food industry is also often good as food sells well on the market.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Rautz wrote:

Thank you
      1. Only when needed, but it is best to always have better units than your adversaries.
      2. If you can maintain that production, absolutely.

3. Only when needed, for industry, recruiting stations, infrastructure, but do not invest in Propaganda Stations(Worst thing in game)

4. By end of day one you should have 35-42 units, after that there is no requirement because wars affect those numbers, but getting at least 20-25 units a day will be sufficient, more would be better.

5. As many as you want. There is no limit. But only fight if you think you can win.

6. By end of day 1, you should have taken another country, or be almost done already, after that it varies.

7. Only build what you need, don't group airstrips and make them higher levels instead of making a lot.

8. I will provide a situation: You are Poland, you just finished a war with Commie Russia, and now Germany is attacking you, your army is nearly gone and you don't have enough resources with your current production to win, the answer to most problems is making industry first, the first day yo should do industry in every city and all other provinces which give resources, this gives you more in the long run, but keep making industry throughout the game.

Only upgrade old troops that are above 65%-70% health otherwise its kinda a waste.
      I concur.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Rautz wrote:

Thank you
      As a fairly new player myself..... #8..... I`m out of resources reminds me of my first few rounds. Resources are your lifeblood in this game. My play style is to build the economy first.... I build a tank factory..... barracks.. and secret lab day 1... in separate cities.... the other 2 start with industrial buildings.... after the 3 unit producing building finish...(30 minutes) each city starts Industrial buildings.....

I do not produce any combat units day one.... I combine my starting units into 3 stacks.... and look for victim #1.... a small AI country.... and go for their capital to get a early boost to morale..10 point boost when their capital falls. I only research units that I will use during the round. I consider my starting units expendable to get my morale to 100 asap.

Rinse and repeat on day 2.... level 2 industry.... look for inactive players next to my country.... engage in diplomacy if players are active next to me... most if not all, are happy to have a informal non aggression agreement. I use boosters to help the economy when needed... since I prefer a mobile army.... my real army units come on line days 3-4.... with industrial levels 3 and 4 in my cities.... production is non stop after that....

I don`t worry about the fast rising countries.... with early empires..... I focus towards the longterm.... days 12 and beyond.
    • I like your thinking Milton. However, I would look for an active player to attack in the first couple days, as they will pose a threat to you if you don't get rid of them early on.

Try not to be the VP leader, at least not in the early game. Otherwise, other players might work together to defeat you.

And as always, pick your allies/coalitions wisely.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Unit number can be very dependent. You can have the option of focusing on having a smaller high level army rather than a larger one that’s a few levels behind. My strategy has always been to pick the units I will use in a game at the start, get militia level one, and forgo anything else. With that I focus on researching those to the highest level possible and building them. Early game you can usually get through them and have extra resources to build units. Using that you can usually have an advantage and carry you through to a larger level power wise than most other countries. With that advantage you can afford to make more things and snowball from there.

While I agree with Fox’s points, Roko is right in that there is not really a number you can aim for. Doctrine, map, resources and situation can affect everything. For the most part just being ahead of your enemy is all that matters, and I’ve found that having a force that’s high level and at least 2/3 the size of the strongest nation (that’s not a golder of course) gets the job done in making you the most powerful country. Of course if you join a coalition (which as advised by the players above me should only be after a few days and with players near you that you can trust) then you are in a good position and should focus on working with your allies.

Remember that their is no single strategy, but that Roko and Fox have the general layout of what you should do perfectly imo.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate