Are tactical bombers a good unit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• They are seen as one of the best units in the game, especially with allied doctrine. You can even form stacks of tacs and interceptors that include 20-30 units and it can wipe out basically any low armor land force, throw in attack bombers and any ground force and even ships are not safe. When used correctly, in high level and large numbers, and especially with other planes, tactical bombers are some of the most effective units in the game.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • I have just finished a round as an allied country

70 tactical bombers, 40 attack bombers, 50 interceptors, 30 naval bombers, annihilated the enemy ground force, his level two AA was of no use. Day 21. ground forces were armored cars and tank destroyers maxed out - blueprints
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • Funny how people throw in 1-2 AA and think "I'm good."

It's really hard stopping large air formations with AA. You need 10 with every valuable stack and you need to keep leveling up. It's a major commitment of manpower. I've never been able to make this practical.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Funny how people throw in 1-2 AA and think "I'm good."

It's really hard stopping large air formations with AA. You need 10 with every valuable stack and you need to keep leveling up. It's a major commitment of manpower. I've never been able to make this practical.
      Yes, this is very true. I’ve obliterated stacks with 2-4 lv4 AA with ease and without taking much damage. It’s easy to overwhelm them if you have enough planes.

• When 1.5 came out, people thought the naval bomber was a bad unit. That's because they used it in the 1.0 way: as a scout to figure out where enemies were, and then trying to attack enemy stacks with single planes. It took a while for people to figure out how to operate them, and that they're just like any other unit: you need a full stack of them to get results. Now look at them; they're one of the most popular units in naval warfare.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

When 1.5 came out, people thought the naval bomber was a bad unit. That's because they used it in the 1.0 way: as a scout to figure out where enemies were, and then trying to attack enemy stacks with single planes. It took a while for people to figure out how to operate them, and that they're just like any other unit: you need a full stack of them to get results. Now look at them; they're one of the most popular units in naval warfare.
      I am still to lazy to build them and opt to use destroyers to find units and attack bombers for the naval damage… it would suck but usually I have a decent fleet to back me up so I’m fine lol.

• Yes,they are.But u have to make them company with attack bombers. Tactical bomber is a very important unit cuz it is ant-unarmored, and most player in the game, use infantry and artillery as their main troops. So the tactical bombers plays an important role in the game.

But, when dealing with experienced players ( such as me lol), u will see a lot of heavy armored troops, so u need attack bombers at the same time, so in my opinion, u got to have both attack bombers and tetical bombers.

And I'd like to give u an advice: make sure the amount of ur planes of ur air force at least 30.
    • Actually lots of heavy armor is usually a sign of a bad player.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Oh I'm not in favor of LT's either. Air force and artillery, when handled well, trump 99% of all tank builders in recreational games.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Sure. I'll notify you when I go into my next 100p map, and we'll simply not ally. Any objections to speed rounds?
      - BIG DADDY.