Tips for Dawn of the Patriot Map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tips for Dawn of the Patriot Map

Here are some of my tips for others for the Dawn of the Patriot map.
      1. Some countries are better than others. It's completely random as to what country you will get, other than what side you pick. Don't grumble about it.
      2. Know the terrain and resources. Some areas of the map have lots of mountainous terrain, while others have large forested areas. Keep this in mind, especially when playing a Japanese country, where terrain bonuses are amplified.

3. Talk. Communicate with your team members on what you want to do. Hopefully you will have at least 5 active players on your team. You can organize multiple people together to invade a powerful enemy.

4. Stack your units. For some reason I've noticed with this map in particular, people send single units, or stacks of 2 or 3 units into battle. Don't do that. As with any map, stacking units makes your army more powerful and more efficient.

5. Don't invest in Naval. Unless you see other (enemy) players using naval units, don't make a lot of ships. Naval bombers are fine in the event of an enemy ship or convoy.

6. Don't bother with the Devils Land. The provinces up there take FOREVER to travel on, and that AI usually has units like armoured cars and TD that will kill single units. Don't send large stacks there; those are more needed on the frontlines. It's only 4 cities folks.

7. Plan your attacks ahead. Especially in the beginning of the game, when resources are tight. Depending on what country you get, there might not be a lot of enemy cities near you. So focus on capturing 1 or 2 at a time, in the early game.

8. Sacking is good. Sacking is the strategy of sending one or more "god stacks" into an opponents' homeland and ravaging through their cities, without keeping units in them. The enemy can recapture their cities, but you will deal them a serious blow to their resource production, troop building and morale. Especially good on this map, when it's Japanese vs Germans and most country's cores are farther from the frontlines.

9. AA is vital. On this map, I have noticed way more use of planes. So interceptors and ground based AA units are key. Depending on the terrain of your area, you might want SPAA instead of regular AA.

10. It's a team victory. Remember that your team wins, not just you. Everyone on the winning team gets same amount of gold, regardless of how many VP they have. So don't try to hog up all the territory or snatch cities from opponents. Do what is best for your team to emerge victorious.
      That's it from me. Feel free to share your thoughts or experiences.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Also don’t pick the Americans they always seem to lose for obvious reasons…

well unless your up to the challenge and then by all means, go for it! If you have enough active Allies you can actually win the two front war.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate