Roleplaying Communist China -- All Countries All In playthrough

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Roleplaying Communist China -- All Countries All In playthrough

In Modern History at the moment my class is studying the Chinese Civil War. So naturally, when a 1x (I can't hack speed rounds) All Countries All In came up, I took the opportunity to join as the Communist Party.

This game I intend to roleplay the Communist Chinese role in the Civil War. In general RP'ing is in past tense while commentary is present.
      My end goal: to win the Chinese Civil War and reunite the nation!
      -----
      First, I need a more communist title than Lord:

Morale was strong and the location ideal for guerilla warfare. However, having arrived from our virtual annihilation on the Long March, Communist forces were weak. Few modern weapons, with precious little armour and no aircraft. We knew we had to fight superior Japanese planes. Not even regional superiority is a possibility for the meantime, so we decided concentrate on anti-air, not on fighters. The Chairman was advised to research rocket artillery, which was done. The Russo-Japanese War-era artillery would soon be upgraded.

Our allies are few and far between. We managed to ally with Portugal and poor old Slovakia, and Tannu Tuva. While unhappy to trade with capitalist-imperialist Britain, we could do with the foreign aid.
      In the end, I plan to take all of China. But first, we must remove Japan as a threat. In our first conference, the leader of the KMT agreed to a United Front against the Japanese:

Here the parties differed. The CCP boldly offered to fight the Japanese. The KMT leadership, on the other hand, adopted a more cautious approach, advocating joining them. We won them over to our side, and we expect to fight the alongside.
      But for now, we must march on Japan expel the invader!

Personally the Chairman thinks marching on Xi'an or Chengtu would be better, but the people prefer this, and what is the People's Party without the People? Unification can wait. Also, why are the city names in modified Pinyin in a WWII game?
      Kneel before the might of Bangladesh

The post was edited 6 times, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• Today is a momentous occasion for the CCP!
      We established formal relations with Cuba, Yugoslavia, and other communist countries. The Soviets appeared a high-level player -- but a paper tiger; the leader is lvl.105 but with 0.86 K/D, winning just 20 of over 190 games. (Many players on this round are like this. This is unsurprising given the RP emphasis).

Good news! The Second United Front was been formally established under the joint leadership of Chairman comrade Crayfish and President Chiang Kai-Shek.

The coalition in all its glory (apologies for poor resolution)
      Newspapers noted the fraternity between the KMT-CCP and the Communist Carribean Federation:

More good news: it is reported that Lüliang in Shanxi has been liberated by our People's Army*! This is the first step towards the expulsion of the hated enemy from our territory; Beijing is next, then Manchuria. While we are weak in weapons we are strong in the terrain, morale is high**, and we are making progress. In short, for the present all looks optimistic for the Communist Chinese Party.
      * One does wonder why they are threatening to revolt if they are being liberated
      ** Due to comintern militia buffs

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• The Chairman attended a conference in Baiyin with the leaders of the CCP.
      We surveyed the situation. Great gains had been made in Inner Mongolia. After marching across the desert, our forces entered Sharamuren with little Japanese resistance:

The enemy had not even time to move better forces in -- only a few poorly trained conscripts.
      The KMT had joined our nation's struggle to expel the enemy -- advances had been made in the Shanghai and Fujian areas (not pictured). This was a good turn of events since both sides would have to split forces.

We begin to review the possibilities after the end of conflict.
      The Nationalists seemed to be mobilising for action against the warlords in Xinjiang or Tibet. With 15 to 43 units, vs 12 to 32 at the start, our production might have been high but with a 12-city advantage, he was turning out 4 times the units. We still had no tanks.
      It was clear what the course of action would be -- to turn a guerilla war into mobile warfare. March north to secure Manchuria, then march south and wage the final stage of the Civil War, capturing Chengdu and Chongqing, securing a front against KMT forces in the west while infiltrating the eastern seaboard. Then, having secured these gains, again resort to guerilla warfare in defending gains and eliminating opposition.

But for this, it is necessary first to capture Beijing and Tsingtao, and secure the north!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• Communist troops marched into Beijing! After a long siege with bombarding of Japanese positions, the foreigner had finally been expelled. After decades of Qing extravagance and mismanagement followed by brutal occupation, once again it was in the hands of the people, and with it, valuable industry and infrastructure.

The military record of the Red Army bears testimony to the glorious struggle against the invader (click to enlarge)

Estonia, our brother in arms, had fallen. Some good came of this, in that our Esthonian comrades kindly donated what they had left, rather than have it fall into enemy hands.
      Unfortunately the Red Army was now short on rare materials, which could not be got by peasants smelting in backyards. Supplies had to be secured, and with allies non-responsive, there was little alternative to trade with the bourgeoisie countries.
      In the meantime, Manchukuo was inviting. Despite its importance to the Japanese, it was administered by a very incapable body. Comrade Crayfish wanted the Red Army to secure Manchuria before a new cabinet was sent from Tokyo to relieve them.
      Besides, the KMT had expressed their desire to pacify Tibet and Xinjiang; while they engaged in wars far away the heartlands would be seized.

The glorious Red Army marches north to conquer Manchuria! This is expected to be an artillery-heavy campaign.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• Lord Crayfish wrote:

Claudio NVKP wrote:

Wow, this is so similar
      Just wondering what it is similar to? If to history, IRL Manchuria got invaded late by the Soviets.Our end goal is unify China, but we don't mind as to the specifics.
      Any gameplay feedback would be welcome
      Well, what i meant is, we both have a similar style. Ie, we both have a similar way. Innit?
      The Saviour
    • Very good, I want to see you capture Manchuria and March on to Chengdu.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/597/651/360.jpg

Brando Dilla wrote:

Since you probably have to use mostly unarmored units at this point, I would recommend using regular infantry, anti tanks and anti air for defensive purposes.
      With so few troops, we need to restrict casualties at least until Manchuria is captured. Initially rocket artillery was consulted but the shortages of rare materials have been making this unfeasible for the present. Artillery has been used to very good effect.
      Since the KMT is not building aeroplanes and our existing batteries are intact, we won't be needing anti-air for now. Japan was a paper tiger and will become inactive.
      The KMT is building light armour so anti-tank and possibly medium tanks will be useful.
      Until now militia has been used, not infantry, due to insane terrain bonuses. Is it worth changing this?
      We will focus on strengthening through your guidance.

Karl von Krass wrote:

Very good, I want to see you capture Manchuria and March on to Chengdu.
      That is our goal. The Red Army will unite all of China! We will expel the invaders and partners of imperialism, KMT included.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

Stick with militia, they're excellent.
      Fits the role of "people's war" better anyway. A few infantry will be kept for use in cities.
      ---
      The People's Army led an expedition south to liberate Kwantung. Ulterior motives included the stationing of troops near KMT-controlled Guangxi.

The KMT began moving troops towards the Tibetan border. Meanwhile, the motivated People's Army continued to advance into Manchuria, capturing Mukden and threatening Yingkow.
      Progress was slow, partly because we had to wait for artillery to catch up. In a war of attrition, it would be necessary to conserve troops. Already we had nearly half as large an army as the KMT and were catching up quickly. With Manchuria, an industrialised powerhouse would be secured particularly around Harbin. Care was taken to leave territories on the Korean border intact, to prevent Japan from advancing.
      (the green arrow is from Paraguay, who will be role-playing North Korea)

Our pamphlets expound that production of oil has doubled!
      Supplies of rare have been secured from our allies, and kind donations from the citizens of the KMT have bolstered our food reserves.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• Excellent playthrough; I'm enjoying the historical aspect.

Grammar, spelling and punctuation report:

Lord Crayfish wrote:

The military record of the Red Army bears testimony to the glorious struggle against the invader (click to enlarge), with out

Estonia, our brother in arms, had fallen. Some good came of this, in that our Esthonian comrades kindly donated
      Unfortunately the Red Army was now short on rare materials, which could not be got by peasants smelting in backyards. Supplies had to be secured, and with allies non-responsive,
      against fascist countries
      This part is slightly baffling; I assume the placement of images (I removed the links from this quote) mucked up the formatting, or you somehow found yourself typing the wrong parts of a paragraph in the wrong places. The best straightening I can manage is:

The military record of the Red Army bears testimony to the glorious struggle against the invader (click to enlarge), without Estonia, our brother in arms, who had had fallen. Some good came of this, in that our Estonian comrades kindly donated [what exactly?]
      Unfortunately the Red Army was now short on rare materials, which could not be got by peasants smelting in backyards. Supplies had to be secured, and with allies non-responsive against fascist countries.

Lord Crayfish wrote:

Despite its important to the Japanese, it was administered by a very incapable body.

I think you mean 'importance'.

I also noticed a 'part' instead of 'party' typo in the first post, but that has since been fixed.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!