Roleplaying Communist China -- All Countries All In playthrough

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Are you going to go solo or join a coalition now?
      I don't know. I never thought I'd get this far
      To be honest, I was thinking the game would end before I had the chance. There was an axis coalition that might have been useful to join. But Australia is becoming powerful too.
      I don't think I'll go for solo this time but it depends.
      Kneel before the might of Bangladesh
    • The South China campaign

The Red Army prepared for a major push into South China. CCP forces rallied around Tungjen.

Map of whole front.
      From bases in the Jiangxi jungle, the 1st Army guerillas prepared to cross the Nanling Mountains into Fujian. Communist partisans in Kwantung - many of them former members of the Fujian Soviet - reacaptured key territories.
      The 11th Brigade, equipped with armoured cars and light tanks, marched south to take Kweiyang, while our main tank force (the 12th, previously the 13th Armoured Brigade) advanced on Kwei-lin.
      Siam nominally joined the conflict against the KMT counter-revolutionaries. Siamese strategic bombers raided Kweiyang.
      ----
      8 IRL hours later

From his compound in Lanzhou, the chairman read the army's front reports and met with the senior leadership.
      The reports were promising. The 11th Brigade had marched into Kweiyang. Red Army troops paraded through the newly communist streets of the Kweichow capital. Everywhere banners flew celebrating the liberation of the city.

At the same time, the 1st Army had successfully crossed the Nanling Mountains, entering the south. The 12th Armoured Brigade had reached the outskirts of Kwei-lin, by which time it outran its artillery support. Partisans captured territory, and began to advance inland to meet Red Army troops. The operation was a success for us, particularly for the Red Army but also a glorious testament to the peoples' struggle for liberation.

Again the propagandists could not keep up with the Red Army's progress. By now Kwei-lin would have fallen to the 12th Armoured; Tingchow and Yungchow were also captured.
      The South China front eclipsed other centres of fighting. Shanghai finally fell to Communist troops after a long campaign of artillery bombardment. On the Szechuan Front, British armoured forces advanced into Chinese territory - naïvely, with no air support or scouts - which needed to be countered. In a daring raid, the 4th Militia snuck behind enemy lines to seize supplies in Qamdo.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• Unfortunately I have not been able to post updates for the last 24 hours. However here we are.
      ----
      The battle for South China was finally won. Communist troops entered Yunnanfu, greeted by a cheering population. Finally, we drove Nationalist and Japanese forces from the Luichow Peninsula. Japanese ships were sunk by rocket artillery, an action which a French destroyer squadron sent from Indochina watched with interest.

The Red Army enters Yunnanfu. The CCP's promise to rebuild the city's buildings and industry won the population's support.
      A regiment of light tanks defected to the Nationalist counter-revolutionaries. We ambushed the traitors in the jungle outside Yunnanfu. They didn't stand a chance. The tanks couldn't pass and were helpless against our rockets.

The Red Army had noticed that the Tibetan and Xinjiang warlords had allied with the Kuomintang in western China. It was decided to send an expedition west to pacify the region, consisting mostly of militia supported by armoured cars. In warlord-controlled Tsinghai, few had ever seen such vehicles. Most warlords defected to our side but some put up resistance. KMT warlords surrounded Golmud.
      The liberation of eastern Tibet was a success. Armoured cars rolled through the streets of Lhasa and the flag of the Workers & Peasants Army was flown from the Potala. A Nationalist army entered Tibet from India but the arrival of artillery meant that it was soon dealt with.

The Red Air Force was assembled into a functional, effective unit, with major bases at Kingpeng and Tungjen. This was good for the people and the war effort, because Japanese strategic bombing in Manchuria was a real problem. Some anti-air had been dispatched, and the fledgling Red Air Force was scrambled from Kingpeng airstrip. We successfully destroyed 2 strategic bomber squadrons, inflicting heavy losses on another squadron.

Communist-controlled airstrip in Tung-jen, Kweichow, c1949. Obsolete I-15 and I-16 fighters were not yet replaced by Yak-1s. The "tacs" would be augmented by attack bombers.

Japanese bombers threaten homes and industry in Harbin. The Red Air Force would, however, soon dispel these monstrous aircraft
      Japan also resumed their land attacks. A second attack on Yingkow was successfully contained. Based out of Taipeh, Japanese forces would land in Foochow in a last desperate offensive. We easily crushed with our mobile rocket artillery batteries.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• TheZhukov wrote:

Sweet, you are doing better than me. Day 7- 210 points
      what nation were u playing as?
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • October 1, 1949 (late Day 9 in-game)
      The People's Republic of China was announced today from her new capital, Peking.

The Red Army -- soon to be officially renamed the People's Liberation Army -- marched through Peking, the former Imperial capital. Led by tanks of the famed 36/13th Brigade, first medium tank brigade of the Red Army and heroes of the revolutionary war, the parade honoured the role of the Workers' & Peasants' Red Army, and showcased both war prizes and new equipment such as rocket launchers. A 21-gun salute was fired and Red Air Force fighters flew overhead.

The victory parade through Tiananmen Square, site of the former Imperial palace. The procession is led by tanks of the 36th (formerly 13th) Armoured brigade. Out of these, around half are captured Japanese or KMT Chi-ha "Gongchen" tanks; the rest are BT-7 cruisers.

In typically verbose style, Chairman Crayfish gave the following speech (excerpts here):
      "Today marks the effective end of the War of Liberation. Due to the bravery and resilience of the Red Army and of the Chinese people, and hardships endured for years at the hands of foreign imperialism and internal strife, the counter-revolutionary forces of the Kuomintang and of foreign imperialism, with exception of isolated pockets of resistance in the west, have been expelled, and the majority of the population freed.
      "The Chinese Communist Party declares to the world that it is the sole legal government and representive of China and of the Chinese people.
      "It is therefore clear that China must re-unite its former territories under the People's Republic; Hainan; North Indochina; Formosa; Tibet; and the Hui lands west of Chengtu, into the People's Republic of China."

The last point may have been one of contention, since India had already sent forces into Sinkiang; therefore the language used was ambiguous.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• In mid-1950, Japanese troops crossed the Manchukuo Demilitarised Zone into Chinese-controlled Liaoning, threatening the town of Hsinking. In response, the People's Liberation Army, spearheaded by the 36th Armoured Brigade, crossed the line north of Seishin-Chongjin. Rocket artillery bombarded enemy positions while troops, many veterans of the civil war, infiltrated the enemy's front line.

Opening of the operation

PLA BM-13 "Dragon" rocket artillery opens fire on Japanese positions
      Our troops advanced down the west side of the Taebaek mountains, the spine of the country, to avoid bombardment from the Japanese navy. Militias progressed down the coast, scouting and freeing local village communities.

Under the noses of the IJN, PLA troops marched into Seishin-Chongjin, capturing a key airbase. Shortly afterwards the city was ceded to the newly created People's Republic of Korea.
      Marching into Heijo-Pyongyang, we captured virtually intact a squadron of Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa aircraft on the production line.
      The northern cities of Korea were now in Communist hands, and could in time be returned to the People's Republic. The peninsula now looked like this:

An update arrived on the War of Liberation from the Kuomintang: the CCP has finally triumphed after a long and rigorous war across the whole nation! The last of KMT resistance in the Tibetan region collapsed today.

On the Korean front, most armoured and artillery divisions, including the new T-34s and rockets, were called to Chengtu, leaving only militia and armoured cars, with one anti-air battery, to defend the gains made. The leadership thought these defences adequate when troops would be needed elsewhere.

Disputed territories in red.
      The reason they were needed elsewhere was because of the situation in Xinjiang. India had occupied this rightfully Chinese territory. Red Army troops had been sent there on the Western Expedition, securing Wusu and Urumqi, but Indian occupation of most of the province, as well as of southern Tibet, remained. Chairman Crayfish announced that the Red Army must liberate Xinjiang, and "assert China's dominance against imperialists in her own territory".
      The Indian Army was terrible and impressive, with its modern artillery and tactical bombers, but it was a paper tiger. The outcome of a war is decided by the will of the people, not by types of weapon -- and India could not stand against the people's resistance -- but for that, troops would need to be moved west to fight. If necessary, we knew we could win a fight against a superior force again.

Left: Border skirmishes with Mongolia Right: Armoured division moves south to defend the Chengtu-Chungking plateau

The post was edited 7 times, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• The Indo-Iraqi conflict finally broke into open war. A titanic naval battle erupted in the Persian Gulf. The battleship "Basrah" sank two Indian battleships. Across the whole front, Indian self-propelled artillery rained down artillery shells on Iraqi armour. India won air superiority almost immediately.

Comrade Crayfish had instructed PLA leadership to use this opportunity to invade Xinjiang. However, due to generous offers by the Indian prime minister, this was not necessary: the entirety of Xinjiang province would be ceded to the People's Republic of China.

Having won without fighting, and with a new, genuine ally, our troops could be turned our genuine enemy: Japan.

The Japanese rallied for a massive counteroffensive in Korea. Hundreds of Japanese planes roared overhead, scouting for concealed Chinese volunteers. Gyeongseong was surrounded by the Japanese in a pincer attack and isolated.
      We saw the situation to be hopeless, and the PLA called in support from the western provinces.
      With the T-34 tanks entering full production, massively superior armoured troops could be mustered to rush the Korean Peninsula, along with new artillery and massive recruitment campaigns bolstering the infantry's numbers. However, reinforcements would take weeks to arrive, and fierce resistance was necessary to hold out until then. Brave troops of the 36th volunteer group (militia), veterans of the civil war, ambushed a Japanese artillery placement in Kojo, and advanced south deep into Japanese-controlled territory.

Volunteers defend the front line outside Kojo, in the forested Gangneung region
      ----
      Side note -- I just realised capturing an enemy unit of a different doctrine literally leaves it their doctrine and only alters the appearance. The tanks, lvl.4 artillery and lvl.3 fighters captured from Japan and the KMT this game have different stats from corresponding comintern units.
    • Your ally India seems quite good.

In any case, what is your plan after Korea? Occupy malay and sink the Japanese fleet?

Have you tried to gain superpower support?
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Man you are crushing them, I think you may be able to pull a decent place on solo!
      Thanks. Maybe I'll do solo, but there's a couple good players in here.

Karl von Krass wrote:

Your ally India seems quite good.

In any case, what is your plan after Korea? Occupy malay and sink the Japanese fleet?

Have you tried to gain superpower support?
      I will probably take Malaya, Borneo and Singapore. Mongolia as well, possibly parts of the USSR. I will have to do something about the Japanese navy too.
      As far as great powers go India and myself are the most powerful active players, followed by British Egypt. Britain's no longer a superpower and annoyingly both the USSR and USA are inactive. Italy is probably AFK. British Egypt is probably good to ally with as I want a presence in Africa, and he has a powerful Mediterranean fleet.

• Under the wise oversight of Chairman Crayfish, the People's Republic of China reached an understanding with the Dominion/Republic of India. Previously, the two had signed a treaty regarding the matter of Xinjiang, promising peace; now an alliance was on the table.
      British India and British Egypt also formally allied, laying the groundwork for a coalition.

The coalition is sealed.
      The last military action (IRL 24 hours ago) by the PLA was the invasion of Taiwan and Hainan from the Japanese imperialist. Rocket artillery based on the Leichow Peninsula bombarded the island of Hainan, while submarines patrolled the Straits of Formosa.
      The invasion of Taiwan passed without major incident. People's Militia landed on the coast undetected and marched into Taipeh, capturing the airbase intact. Hainan, surprisingly to us, was less successful; forces were intercepted by a British submarine.

The Bourgois newspaper World Herald continued to blare out the inflated figures of production in the capitalist world. According to the figures produced, we were just in the 10 largest, barely ahead of South Africa, and apparently not a modern industrialised country. Therefore Comrade Crayfish proposed a pledge: the whole country would take a great economic March Forward. By next time such figures were announced, we would be in the top three. In particular supplies of goods, food, and metal would grow threefold. Then all the world would see the glorious success of the people's industry!

The plan involved the upgrading of all major production centres, boosting production in rural provinces, and the industrialisation of the undeveloped Tsinghai, Tibet, and Sinkiang provinces. Urban factories would be managed by the proletariat-led councils, while rural production would be undertaken by peasants' communes.
      We were optimistic for our nation's future. No longer would we have to rely on grain imports from India, or rare materials from Egypt, to bolster our own production.

The first use of long-range rockets as an anti-ship missile occured today. Rockets launched from Kingpeng airfield in Manchuria attacked a Japanese cruiser shelling the Korean coast. While damage was reported as "not significant" and with this method the cost of naval warfare would be prohibitive, conventional artillery could be used.
      The PLA Rocket Force is dedicated mainly to strategic warfare against the cities of aggressors, and this was an expedient measure.
      ----
      Major update with more images of map, geopolitics and planning will be followed up this afternoon. We apologise for late update

• Brando Dilla wrote:

Personally I don't waste resources on Rockets. But that's just my opinion...
      Neither do I, especially not anti-ship, which is why I'm not using them like that except once. However, I am going to use what I've got against air bases if needed. Projected enemies whose identity remains classified retain large airforces which would be crippled, but a bomber raid is too risky.

• The Korea campaign advanced steadily. The Japanese advance had been halted, and heavy artillery bombardment was breaking the stalemate on the Shunsen Front.

Image is out-of-date; Communist troops have since advanced south, and the border area has been ceded to Korea.
      ----
      By early 1953 (by my estimation; 2 hours into Day 15) the world looked like this:

Thanks to the efforts of the Communist Party and the PLA, China, including her western provinces of Tibet and Sinkiang, had successfully been re-united under the People's Republic. Korea was being freed from Japanese imperialism. In the immediate future, Mongolia and French Indochina looked like worthwhile territory into which to expand the People's Republic.
      Now that the revolution against the Kuomintang in China was over, not only must the PLA and the people continue revolution continue internally against counter-revolutionary forces, but also back communist revolutions in other countries. This particularly meant in the African and Asian colonies controlled by the European bourgois-imperialist government.
      Portugal and Belgium had long retained colonies in Africa. This imperialism attracted outcry among the Chinese people. As such, the PLA felt it it's duty to liberate the region by supporting revolutions.
      Expeditions were sent out from Sinkiang to intervene in the colonies in support of independence from Britain, as well as being sent to Oman to topple the British puppet regime there.

Unfortunately, the PLA Navy had no influence outside China's immediate maritime borders. This had an impact on operations; a convoy transporting an infantry regiment, anti-tank guns, and - irreplaceably - RoC-built heavy 15cm howitzers was intercepted and sunk by Iraqi battleships led by the Doha. Ironically these ships were built upon recommendations by Chinese military advisers. Fortunately the brigade of T-34 tanks were able to reach Sharja intact although unaccompanied by infantry or artillery units.

Communist troops close in on Muscat
      The People's Liberation Army was now a modern and capable fighting force, with substantial armoured divisions and a powerful air force. Every day recruitment swelled its numbers. So many thousands enlisted that the training could not keep up with recruitment.

Fielding so many types, the PLA is in need of rationalisation. A good deal of older or more unusual equipment has been captured from Japanese, Sinkiangese, or KMT forces.

• Our mission in Korea was complete. The Japanese imperialists had been pushed out and an independent, communist Korean state allowed to form, its capital based in Pyongyang, formerly Heijō. They would continue to recieve foreign aid from the People's Republic, but were now able to live without Japanese oppression.

Their work completed, our volunteer PLA forces withdrew from the peninsula, and were greeted by cheering crowds and an air force flypast in another parade through the streets of Beijing.

At the same time, forces congregated on the borders of Mongolia.
      We received reports of French Destroyers surveying the off the coast of Kwanghsi. In response, PLA naval patrol aircraft were sent to investigate. Troops were deployed to the border and aircraft sent to patrol into French territory.
      Soon the news was rife with reports of the brutality of French imperialists in Indochina. The word was out that China would soon liberate Vietnam.

Three guesses what's happening next

The PLA's battle-hardened armoured divisions also moved to the Mongolian border in preparation to annex this traditionally Chinese territory. Assembled outside Sharamuren on the edge of the Gobi Desert, the main spearhead would push across the desert towards Bor-Under and then on to Ulaanbaatar.
      Sino-Norwegian border conflicts (now there's a strange conflict) rose in western Xinjiang. Already Norwegian troops on our borders had made us wary of their expansionist policies. Now that Norway had sent troops to move through Chinese territory on the way to fight our Russian allies (the Soviet Union having become active again), Comrade Crayfish felt he had to put his foot down.

PLAAF naval bombers observe Norwegian movements in the Strait of Formosa.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lord Crayfish ().