My Game as Colombia!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My Game as Colombia!

So I joined an All In game as Colombia. Colombia finds itself in an advantageous position. It starts out with 3 cities, and has decent production of all resources.

Resource Production:

I first invaded Venezuela, as it looked like the player was going inactive. I was right; after a few early skirmishes with single units it looks like Venezuela is as good as mine. The capital will fall by day change.

Colombia's troop movements:

I'm going to produce artillery and motorized infantry, as most of the Central American countries have units like Militia and Anti-Air.
      I'll also make a few Destroyers, as most of those countries start with a Submarine for some reason.

For buildings, I now have Level 2 Barracks and Tank Plant in Bogota, Level 2 Ordnance in Medellin, and Level 1 Barracks and Level 1 Naval Base in Barranquilla. I'm building Recruiting Stations in all my cities right now, as manpower might become an issue soon. I'm also planning to build an Air Base in a city I capture from Venezuela.

I joined Ecuador's coalition; it's the only South American coalition in the game so far. A third member, Paraguay, also joined Ecuador's coalition. The rest of South America doesn't seem active.

Ecuador and Paraguay:

My next plans are to invade Central America and the Caribbean (before anyone else does). Other than Cuba attacking British Jamaica, the Americas are not that active. If the US goes inactive, I can get to Mexico (which is only lightly defended).

The only other major wars going on right now are:
      • Germany invading and conquering Poland
      • Norway invading and conquering Sweden

This map is pretty inactive, unusual for an All In map.

The world:

I'll post updates here at least once a day, depending on how busy I am IRL.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • What day is this? It would be hard for El Salvador to have that many troops without gold.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

I'll also make a few Destroyers, as most of those countries start with a Submarine for some reason.
      According to Jane's Fighting Ships a lot of these countries seemed to get sold/given old Central Powers submarines after WWI and then more from the USA and Britain after the Washington Treaty
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Claudio NVKP wrote:

Play through explosion!?
      At least two are due to ACAI 1x being finally available. And I'm looking forward to reading this one.
      — Marshal Foch

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• Lord Crayfish wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

According to Jane's Fighting Ships a lot of these countries seemed to get sold/given old Central Powers submarines after WWI and then more from the USA and Britain after the Washington Treaty
      Well then that makes sense. I thought that maybe the devs did it just so those countries aren't total pushovers.
    • What are you using for your screenshots? I'm using MS Paint and it requires 400x600 images with tinny clarity to even fit on a Call of War post, let alone insert.
      — Marshal Foch

• Lord Crayfish wrote:

What are you using for your screenshots? I'm using MS Paint and it requires 400x600 images with tinny clarity to even fit on a Call of War post, let alone insert.
      I'm just taking screenshots from my PC and uploading them here. Occasionally I will get the error message "An unknown error disrupted the upload" but that happens with other file types as well.
    • Everything is going great. I have a perfect K/D record for both units and provinces.

Costa Rica has fallen. Just declared war on El Salvador, and once the day change happens (by the time I post this) I'll send in my mot. inf. to Nicaragua. Honduras seems lightly defended, so I may jump on them the same day.

Here are my units so far. I've just upgraded my mot. inf and regular infantry, and am now researching Level 2 Subs and Cruisers.

Ecuador has gone inactive, so I assumed the coalition leadership. Paraguay got steamrolled by Argentina, and I kicked him. The Dominican Republic joined the coalition, but he literally has 6 units. I'm going to be taking him before anyone else does.

Day change in less than 5 minutes, and the Most Powerul Armies list comes in, so I'll post that here shortly.
    • Day 8 Most Powerful Armies list just came in. I have 2%, which is a good number considering most of the countries are still active players.

My 4-stack of mot. inf is headed straight toward Managua. Meanwhile, my other big stack will take advantage of a weird way Honduras' routes are designed, which allows me to go straight for their capital from a Nicaraguan province.

• Here's a mini-update:

Managua fell easily to my mot. inf. Honduras only has one stack to be wary about (1 AC and 5 militia) in their capital. Once my units are in position, I plan on using my artillery to lure most of those units toward the frontline, where they will be attacking my stack of 1 AC + 2 level 3 infantry while my arty and tacs bombard the sh!t out of them. I'm leaving Managua ungarrisoned as I definitely plan on taking out Tegucigalpa (that was a mouthful) before Day Change.

P.S. Because of the weird pathing lines around Honduras, I can get to El Salvador's core provinces without capturing one of Honduras', but I'm choosing not to.
    • Update: All of Central America is mine!

Having taken Guatemala CIty a couple hours ago I completed my conquest of Central America. However, some bad news: While I was AFK Guatemala slipped a 4-stack of Militia behind my borders and attacked my 4-stack of mot. inf. My units won the battle (mainly due to being at a level 3 fortification) but were badly damaged. I'm making a new mot. inf. stack in my homeland now. Good news is, the rest of my units took little or no damage from the fighting. That 8-artillery stack is really proving useful - I'll have to make another one.

Here are my total units rn:

I just finished Anti Tank and Anti Air level 3 researches. (It's Day 9) Next, I'm reseraching level 3 Interceptors and Naval Bombers, just in case AI Mexico, my next target, has some ships to take out. I haven't invested much into my navy so far, mainly due to oil being tight, but I've been expanding my resource production in my homeland, so we'll see how that helps.

I still have perfect Unit AND Province K/D ratios. The only other player who has both perfect ratios is my coalition partner, Ecuador.

(That's my K/D stats, not Ecuador's)

Argentina has moved into AI Brazil and has taken much of its territory. Ecuador went AI yesterday, but I'm keeping them in the coalition for now because I don't want a potentail AI declaring war situation there. The Dominican Republic continues their unorthodox playstyle, while I cautiously sneak my Infantry and Battleships closer. Will kick him from the coalition by day's end. The USA, the only other active country in the Americas, has attacked an AI Canada and taken much of their territory. I've sent him a message to be allies, as he's in a two-man coalition right now (the other player being British Egypt, who is getting clapped by Romania).