My Game as Colombia!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'm interested to see how this plays out and would love to see Colombian motorised troops ride through the Mexican capital. Keep it up!

IIRC Mexico starts with 2 cruisers in the Gulf, off Texas. Probably some subs or destroyers too.

Brando Dilla wrote:

(the other player being British Egypt, who is getting clapped by Romania).
      I love historic modes.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • The invasion of the D.R. has begun! I was able to sneak infantry into each of his Caribbean cities. 4 of them were undefended, which I captured upon declaring war. The fifth, his capital, was occupied by 2 level 1 Militia. My level 3 Infantry is attacking, while my level 2 Battleship is bombarding the city. My infantry deals more attack damage than the 2 militia's defense damage together, but the militias have more total HP. Just have to hope my Battleship helps enough.

P.S. Don't mind that other stack, it's the UK's 2 Cruisers. UK is AI - we are at Peace with each other.
      forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…8906590e11c4fbe9c8c621fe3

Looks like AI Mexico has better units than I thought - including Medium and Heavy Tanks. I'll have to wait to invade until my Artillery finishes upgrading.

My total armies:

forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…8906590e11c4fbe9c8c621fe3forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…8906590e11c4fbe9c8c621fe3

Also,

Still got those perfect K/D ratios intact.

Meanwhile, Argentina has captured Brazil's capital and several other of their cities. Unfortunately, the D.R. took out the Mexican capital, but judging from the amount of units he had in Mexico before I kicked him, he probably grouped them all in one stack and made a boom-or-bust beeline for Mexico City. We'll see how long that holds up for.

Since there is now an extra space in the coalition, I searched around the world for active players that were not in a coalition yet. South Africa seems like a good opportunity. Although he isn't moving quite as fast as @K.Rokossovski did, he still has most of southern Africa, and quite a decent army. I sent him an invitation to my coalition, we'll see if he accepts.

“A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Update: a 3rd Dominican Militia joined the fun in Santo Domingo - my situation is hopeless. Looks like I'll lose my first unit of the game. To avenge this loss, I'm sending my 5 Level 2 tacs to attack Santo Domingo.

I also caught a stray D.R. convoy trying to go back to the homeland. I'll be on the lookout for more.
    • Commander - we are Green to invade Mexico!

Colombian planes roar through the sky, motorized infantry roll through the hills, and artillery sneak up to gain an advantageous position on their foes!

The D.R. has been driven out of Mexico, partly by me; I have taken 4 eastern provinces, including a city, Merida. However, the invasion made AI Mexico pull units away from the border, so one province, Tuxtla Gutierrez, is completely undefended (at least that's what it looks like)

D.R. has only one province left: his capital, which is under constant siege by my Battleship and has no unit production buildings left. I'll capture it right before Day Change to alleviate the morale of my captured provinces.

Anyway, I'm now 5th place on the VP list, behind AI Germany, and active players USA, Australia and my coalition partner Argentina.

OBTW - here's my Unit and Province K/D stats:

I just finished Level 4 Interceptor research. Just in case I run into someone with a bad@ss airforce, I wanna be prepared.

I'm currently researching Level 3 Cruiser and Level 3 TS. After that, I'll get back to reseraching Land units.
      I'm building Recruiting Offices in all 9 of my core rural non-resource producing provinces. It took a lot of food, but it's worth it. I originally planned to buy food from the market, but I didn't when I saw it was going for 27 money each.

Anyway, here's my total armies right now:

And if you want to know what a good mid-game (Day 10-ish) Capital defense stack should look like, here's a good example:

Anyways, on to world news. Most of Brazil has been taken by Argentina. Brazil has more units that an AI is used to producing, so I can understand why Argentina is taking so long. They're being conservative about not losing their units, so good for them. Ecuador is AI, keeping him in the coalition until I have a good reason to kick him. South Africa hasn't made much progress today, aside from wrapping up his Tanzania conquest. He's lining up units at the border of the Belgian Congo (Belgium lost their core provinces to Germany and is now inactive). He also shares a border with British Egypt, who has taken most of Sudan.

The USA has mostly wrapped up their Canada conquest, aside from capturing a few large northern provinces. I need to take out Mexico before he does. British Egypt has kicked Romania out of their homeland (apparetly with the help of the USA). USA has also grabbed Malta and a few provinces in Libya, this is evidence that he's been sending some units overseas and therefore is not as powerful in his homeland. Most of Europe is inactive, with the exception of Denmark (who has taken Ireland and parts of England), Romania and Greece (who has taken most of Syria and Transjordan.

I messaged Australia telling him I had no plans to invade him. He said the same for me. I'm kinda hoping to ge him on our side, as opposed to USA's coalition.

• Nice, the race is on for Mexico. I still harbour visions of your military parading through Mexico City.
      The Chinese Civil War killed my in-game K/D although actually raised my external, I guess that's what using people's warfare does.
      Good to see!
      — Marshal Foch

• Okay guys - time for daily update. Sorry for not posting at the usual time.

Good news and bad news. Good news is Mexico City has fallen to Colombian forces, who have secured the city with artillery and air defenses! The rest of Mexico is expected to fall shortly. Also, a new Artillery stack is being deployed to the frontlines to assist in tackling Mexico's heavy armour obsession.

The bad news is that overnight, my 4-stack of mot inf. garrisoning at the mountainous province of Chilpancingo was attacked by a Mexican super-stack that must have included several units. This resulted in not only my first province loss of the game, but also losing a good, healthy offensive stack. A new one is in production at Barranquilla, but it will take at least a day for it to be completed and arrive at the frontlines. The Mexican super-stack has since been obliterated by my tacs, and the Colombian 16th Light Tank Brigade is on its way to recapture the province.

I'm also sending one of my navy stacks to attack AI Liberia, with the hopes of gaining a foothold in Africa.

Here's my updated K/D stats:

I just finished researhces of Armoured Car level 3 and Light Tank level 3. I'm now researching Infantry level 4 and Motorized Infantry level 3. Although my level 4 Interceptors are no joke, I'm kinda limited with my Airforce due to oil shortages. I have (kinda) alleviated my Manpower crisis by building Level 2 Recruiting Offices in all my core non-resource producing provinces.

Here's my total units as of now:

As for world news, Argentina has completed their conquest of Brazil, and is now attacking the Guyana colonies, all of which are owned by inactives. South Africa has finally got things moving, advancing into the Belgian Congo and taking the city there. As France's homeland has fallen to Germany, their potential in Africa is limited. Ecuador is still inactive.

From the info I can gather in the newspaper, large-scale naval battles are apparently happening in the Meditteranean and the Bosporous, between Romania against British Egypt and the USA. British Egypt in particular is losing lots of naval units. AI Spain declared war on AI Germany for some reason, we'll see how that plays out. Australia has taken most of India, but is leaving a "border" for some reason (see image below). There are still two Canadian provinces left for USA to conquer; meaning that he either doesn't have many units in his homeland, or he simply isn't active that much.

The world:

Australia in India:

• NEWS BULLETIN - COLOMBIA IS UNDER ATTACK!

The USA, who apparently has RoW through the AI Mexico, snuck the 40th Mot. Infantry Regiment, a 6-stack of unarmored units (4 infantry, 1 mot inf, 1 AA) to attack the newly conquered province of San Juan Del Rio. The American stack was within range of the Colombian 14th Artillery Divison. After a declaration of war was issued by the Colombian dictator, who feared this was a surprise attack, the 14th Artillery Division opened fire on the American troops.

Above: The Colombian 14th Artillery Division engages the American 40th Mot. Infantry Regiment near San Juan Del Rio.

After 2 iterations of fighting (that was the only battle that happened), the American president offered a Peace request. The Colombian dictator accepted, and will give time for the Americans to escape from the Colombia-Mexico border area. However the stack will be watched...

The USA asks if they can take Baja California. I accept this, as I have no use for it. I also sent America an assurement of peace between our nations; he has yet to respond. Now Colombia has two egrements:
      1. The USA is trying to attack Colombia, and only offered peace because he knew his units were in a bad position and/or needed more time to assemble more stacks. (The fighting at San Juan Del Rio took 40% of the 40th's HP)
      2. The USA is not planning to attack Colombia; the incident at San Juan Del Rio was a misplanning by American officials, and he is planning to fight elsewhere.
      Until it is clear what the USA's intentions are, the Colombian Armed Forces will be on high alert.
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Now Colombia has two egrements:
      1. The USA is trying to attack Colombia, and only offered peace because he knew his units were in a bad position and/or needed more time to assemble more stacks
      2. The USA is not planning to attack Colombia; the incident at San Juan Del Rio was a misplanning by American officials, and he is planning to fight elsewhere.

Just like Khalkin Gol.
      — Marshal Foch

• On day 13, Colombian troops push farther into Mexico, securing most of the southern part of the country. The USA has made a beeline straight through the middle of north Mexico, capturing neither Mexico's northernmost city, Chihuahua, or its easternmost city, Monterrey. I don't really need Chihuahua (I have tons of metal), but I would like to get my hands on Monterrey.

An invasion of AI Liberia has begun; right now it consists of pounding their units with Battleships, then sending the Infantry in after.

Level 4 Infantry research and Level 3 Mot. Infantry reserach have been completed. Now, I'm researching Level 1 Carrier and Level 1 Flying Bomb (no intention to produce FBs, it's just to unlock other researches). Instead of building new ground units, I used my Manpower to upgrade my existing regular and motorized Infantry.

Here's my total units:

And my K/D stats:

South Africa has captured almost all of Belgian Congo. He appears to be targeting French Africa next. That mass should be easy for him to conquer. Argentina is now focusing on nabbing all of those British/French islands in the Caribbean and elsewhere; he might even go for British colonies in Africa. Ecuador is still AI.

Australia said he would "consider" joining my coalition.

The USA has FINALLY conquered all of Canada. The naval battles in the Meditteranean are continuing, with British Egypt now losing land and air units as well as naval units. I told South Africa he should jump on him now. Greece and Manchukuo have gone inactive. A lot of casualties in that German-Spanish war, but no major territorial gains. Australia still has that "wall" of Indian provinces around them, presumably he is not ready to fight the AIs on the other side, that might declare war on him.

My coalition has 620 points, only behind the Germany-Italy-Japan coalition "The Axis", all of whom have gone inactive.

• Brando Dilla wrote:

My coalition has 620 points, only behind the Germany-Italy-Japan coalition "The Axis", all of whom have gone inactive.
      I'm rather surprised by the fact that the "Axis" coalition actually contains the historic axis countries. The one in my ACAI did too, but in most HWW or CoN it's random (usually axis-doctrine) countries.
      Keep it up! And good luck with the USA. :thumbsup:
      — Marshal Foch

• Sorry no screenshots ATM, but I’ll try to post some later today.

Mexico has been fully annihilated by me and the USA. Pretty sure he won’t pull anything, but I’m keeping some defensive units there just in case.

It’s now time to invade AI Ecuador. His units mostly consist of unarmored and tacs. I figure it will be pretty easy to defeat him, especially since I can see all his units.

AI Liberia has also been completely conquered. I don’t intend to make any further claims in Africa (for now).

Unfortunately, Australia chose to join the USA/Egypt coalition. I don’t think he is going to invade me, at least not yet, as he is fighting an intense war with Tibet, the only other active country in that part of the world. Nevertheless, I put some milsab spies near his capital just to see what he’s up to.

USA is in a war with AI Japan, but is clumsily losing convoys in the Ocean, from what I could see in the newspaper.

Romania and Egypt/USA have made peace. Romania is in a coalition with Greece, but Greece has gone inactive, so I’ll see if he wants to join mine.

The Germany-Spain war is at a standstill. Spain has made some slight territorial gains, but both sides have about the same amount of casualties.

South Africa has started the invasion of French Africa, and is making good progress.

Since Australia joined USA’s coalition, that vaulted them to the top of the leaderboard. I feel like me and Argentina should invade Germany soon, as they have been weakened by wars with Finland, the Soviets and Spain.
    • Things are looking fine for Colombia. The invasion of AI Ecuador is about ready to begin, I'm waiting until the Day Change to invade them so I have a whole day to capture as many provinces as I can. Their army mainly consists of units like Infantry, ordnance units, and tacs, the latter of which I plan to disable right away by capturing the cities where the tacs are located; both of them are lightly defended.

Ecuador's units:

I just finished Atomic Bomb research and Level 4 of tacs research. I'm upgrading my current tac stack right now so they're at full strength for the Ecuador invasion. I am currently researching Level 1 Nuclear Bomber and Level 4 Artillery. I don't plan to reserach nukes past Level 1, but I feel like since I don't have as big of an air force as I would like to have at this point in the game, I just want to have a few in case they are needed.

I haven't made any "Secret" units all game, so I just found out that none of my cities have Secret labs. Unfortunately, all but two of my cities are within Battleship Bombardment range, and those other two are close to the border with USA. I'm taking a gamble and putting it at Tegucigalpa, which is within Battleship bombardment range, but not a coastal city.

Here's my total units rn:

That lone HT was being produced in a city I conquered from Mexico. Rather than cancel the production, I let it finish, just for fun, since I'm not going to be researching HT this game.

And here is my Unit and Province K/D ratios. Since that province loss to Mexico almost a week ago, not a single other unit or province has been lost.

And here is the current Colombian Empire:

Some important world news:

Australia has taken all of Tibet's cities. Tibet put up a good resistance, especially for a country that hadn't conquered any territory all game, but they eventually fell.

It's now a Scramble for French Africa, with Argentina, South Africa and British Egypt all joining in on the fun. It would be a miracle if Argentina gets to the rich Algeria area before Egypt does.

Spain is inching farther and farther into Germany, but both sides are losing units. Germany also has wars against Finland and Russia in the east, so those might be making the AI pull units away.

My milsab spies were unsuccessful in Australia yesterday, gaining no intelligence, but also did not get caught.

• "I haven't made any "Secret" units all game, so I just found out that none of my cities have Secret labs. Unfortunately, all but two of my cities are within Battleship Bombardment range, and those other two are close to the border with USA. I'm taking a gamble and putting it at Tegucigalpa, which is within Battleship bombardment range, but not a coastal city."

Perhaps if you stack plenty of artillery along the coast (and submarines, etc.) you would be able to discourage naval bombardment of your secret lab?
    • Kolonnos wrote:

"I haven't made any "Secret" units all game, so I just found out that none of my cities have Secret labs. Unfortunately, all but two of my cities are within Battleship Bombardment range, and those other two are close to the border with USA. I'm taking a gamble and putting it at Tegucigalpa, which is within Battleship bombardment range, but not a coastal city."

Perhaps if you stack plenty of artillery along the coast (and submarines, etc.) you would be able to discourage naval bombardment of your secret lab?
      I already have plenty of AA in the city, but yeah, I'll get a couple arty there too.

Making my first nuclear bomber!