Retirement?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sometimes that happens. It either means that map doesn’t let you retire, or you will be forced to win the game normally, or that something weird happened and it may come in the future days. I’ve seen both..

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Can you retire from a fixed coalition map? Say you have 1 German and 1 Japanese player left on a Patriot map. How can you retire, if nobody has enough points to win?
      I know you CAN’T retire in a 1944 Endgame map, and that was with me and my ally as the Soviets in first place and only players left (just us two) so if two people in the same team is not enough then I don’t think two players in other teams are.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carking the 6th ().

• Carking the 6th wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

Can you retire from a fixed coalition map? Say you have 1 German and 1 Japanese player left on a Patriot map. How can you retire, if nobody has enough points to win?
      I know you can retire in a 1944 Endgame map, and that was with me and my ally as the Soviets in first place and only players left (just us two) so if two people in the same team is not enough then I don’t think two players in other teams are.

In the case you describe, only 1 side is left, and the win is guaranteed. Retiring just speeds it up.
      If there are players remaining on multiple teams, then the game has not been decided, and you cannot retire.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

I know you can retire in a 1944 Endgame map, and that was with me and my ally as the Soviets in first place and only players left (just us two) so if two people in the same team is not enough then I don’t think two players in other teams are.
      In the case you describe, only 1 side is left, and the win is guaranteed. Retiring just speeds it up.
      If there are players remaining on multiple teams, then the game has not been decided, and you cannot retire.
      But taking into account normal games, wherein it doesn't matter what the coalition is, the game can be ended by retirement, you can get a solo by retirement ir two diff. Coalitions can opt to retire (3players max online).
      Shouldn't this be applied to fixed coalition games?
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

But taking into account normal games, wherein it doesn't matter what the coalition is, the game can be ended by retirement, you can get a solo by retirement ir two diff. Coalitions can opt to retire (3players max online).Shouldn't this be applied to fixed coalition games?

The whole point of fixed coalition games is to beat the other side. If nobody can do that, then nobody deserves the gold rewards.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Karl von Krass wrote:

But taking into account normal games, wherein it doesn't matter what the coalition is, the game can be ended by retirement, you can get a solo by retirement ir two diff. Coalitions can opt to retire (3players max online).Shouldn't this be applied to fixed coalition games?
      The whole point of fixed coalition games is to beat the other side. If nobody can do that, then nobody deserves the gold rewards.
      i agree. I am not stating what ought to be the case, I am merely answering what I think could be the answer by overlaying other game examples.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • I mean if you’re first, have a massive advantage, then victory is all but guaranteed, right? I think the condition should be all but one faction is completely inactive, but one side has more points than every other faction combined, and an army that’s stronger. Then you can retire.