Morale's effect on construction and production times

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Morale's effect on construction and production times

Most folks are aware of the relationship between morale and construction/production times: above 80% morale, construction and production times are normal. Once morale dips below 80% construction/production times start to increase, accelerating as morale approaches zero.

I also assume that most folks are aware of some of the key / most common morale adjustments:
      - 70% morale (starting morale) slows C/P by 13% (or expressed as a time multiplier, 1.13)
      - 50% morale (nice round number) slows C/P by ~50% (multiplier = ~1.5)
      - 25% morale (newly captured province) slows C/P by ~160% (multiplier = ~2.6)
      - 0% morale (as low as it goes) slows C/P by 900% (multiplier = 10)

I think the acceleration of this effect is intuitive to most folks, but we didn't have an actual equation to put against it. @DxC set out to gather some data on it, and together we compiled enough datapoints to try to fit an equation to it. After much frustration and trial and error, we have the equation which converts morale to the C/P increase:

In multiplier terms, and expressing morale as a percentage in decimal form, that equation is:

Multiplier = (0.8 + 0.8/9) / (Morale + 0.8/9)

Simplified, you can express it as: (8/9) / (Morale + 0.8/9), but I prefer the full version so you can see the 0.8, making it easy to see that it equals 1.0 at 80% morale.

To express this in terms of percent added, subtract 1 (i.e., 100%) from the result.

This graph courtesy of DxC illustrates how the curve lines up with the data we've collected:

I hope this is useful :)