Need a Guide! Please

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Brando Dilla wrote:

Googling this: site:forum.callofwar.com tips for new players

Returns this page: Best Guides and Resources for New Players in Cow 1.5

And many more.
      That link is way outdated, i would not recommend that thread.

Check the 'Manual' Section of the Forum for tips and the like.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

And many more.

I didn't take the time to examine that thread's contents, I was merely providing it as an example.

It's the OP's job to examine all the resources available to them and decide which one(s) would be the most helpful.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

And many more.
      I didn't take the time to examine that thread's contents, I was merely providing it as an example.
      It's the OP's job to examine all the resources available to them and decide which one(s) would be the most helpful.
      That's like telling a child to pick which tank would be most effective against an unknown enemy, they don't know whats gonna be the best because what they were provided is outdated.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Start with a Beginner-Friendly Nation: In strategy games, some nations or factions are designed to be more beginner-friendly than others. Look for nations that have straightforward mechanics and don't require advanced strategies or micro-management. These nations often have well-rounded units and forgiving gameplay mechanics. Choosing such a nation can make it easier for you to learn the game's fundamentals.
    • Tsukuyomiiii wrote:

I am losing matches one after another need some tips like which should a noob like me should first try to master doctrine or which nation and some strategies for that mation
      Quick tips:

Game is Risk with no dice and rock/paper/scissors for unit strengths/weaknesses.

All unit stats for individual and stacks can be found by clicking that unit/stack or looking in the research tree. You can do this for enemy units/stacks too if you can see them. You can always roughly calculate whether you have a chance in battles.

Try to stack units for attack and defense and avoid fighting losing or even tie battles.

Focus your research and resource allocation. I like to start with Tac bombers, cruisers/subs and armored cars. Later Battle Ships and Med Tanks. That’s about it. Planes and ships are my siege weapons. (Many people prefer artillery… too slow for me)

I don’t build infantry or even barracks but I upgrade the tons of infantry units I get at the start. Leveling up units is better than spamming lots of lvl 1’s.

Planes can be tricky but they are devastating because of their speed and range.

Naval and air bombardment allows ground units to face minimum resistance and conquer provinces in rapid succession.

Build and upgrade Industry especially in your core cities. Propaganda offices for conquered ones.

Read the Newspaper. You can see what other players are doing. What units they use, where they’re fighting

Go to diplomacy and look at your opponents stats. You can see the noobs and the pros. Players’ kill ratio and games played/won are shown along with rank.

Check cities of all opponents early. If there are no buildings that is an inactive player. Buildings, then they might be playing.

Be active. It’s a real time strategy game.

Many more, but I hope this helps.
    • Probably start by learning how the game calculates Battles the battle calculator is really useful for that

once you understand that aspect of the game. the only time you should lose a battle is when you have no other choice

And the second point is scouting it's extremely useful scout your enemies 24/7 know their movements i recommend building interceptors for this reason
      "I don't know jeff!"

Chris kamara
    • Well for a more broad idea I’d play a few clash of nations maps, mess around with doctrines, and do some trail and error. There are guides to help you all around the forum. The help chat in game can answer many questions you might have. Really you need to spend time and learn the small things the hard way, using resources to give ideas and refine your strategies. But trust me, try your best to learn, go easy and slow, give it some time, and you’ll be able to be an effective player!

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate