Terrain and weather

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Terrain and weather

IK the possibility of this is no chance since it may fry some user's devices, but I've been wondering how the interface used for the 4 doctrines could be applied in a similar way to terrain. In other words, let's say countries like the Soviet Union, Canada, Denmark and Sweden had snow covered provinces, which provided a defense bonus, and all the other regions of the world had their own unique defensive attribute. Another example north Africa and the arid desert provinces. IK there's already emphasis on the provinces when it comes to terrain but having a in game weather system would allow some PLAYERS to not leave after 3 days.

Like a forecast system, allowing players to actually plant to attack instead of on the go go.

anyways... :beer:
    • This has already been suggested several times, and short and long answers have been given by the Bytro staff.

Short Answer: No

Long Answer: This would take a seriously long time and lots of effort to perfect this kind of programming. Furthermore, these weather patterns would always benefit certain countries/regions more than others. Also, introducing yet another complicated game mechanic will make new players even less likely to continue playing the game, resulting in a loss of potential Gold/HC buyers.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

This has already been suggested several times, and short and long answers have been given by the Bytro staff.

Short Answer: No

Long Answer: This would take a seriously long time and lots of effort to perfect this kind of programming. Furthermore, these weather patterns would always benefit certain countries/regions more than others. Also, introducing yet another complicated game mechanic will make new players even less likely to continue playing the game, resulting in a loss of potential Gold/HC buyers.
      Another thing is, if weather varied daily (I am aware that a day represents 6 months or a year), it would grossly favour players in certain time zones.

As K.Rokossovski brought up on a very similar thread (I believe Antoine de Saint-Exupéry said it first), “Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Obviously the logical conclusion of applying this is simply to play go, but I do think it applicable to the suggestions/criticism boards, so much so that I might make it my signature in place of the Tōgō Heihachirō quote.

That is why the topic has been rejected.
      Kneel before the might of Bangladesh
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

As K.Rokossovski brought up on a very similar thread (I believe Antoine de Saint-Exupéry said it first), “Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
      Actually one of the civ versions said it as well, when you discovered engineering iirc. They should have listened to it themselves...
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.