Magical AI's

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Magical AI's

So tired of seeing AI's have 2 units left, then suddenly 5 units emerge from the one province they had left and attack.
      And they were not militia or other stealth units.

Scouted the province with a lvl 3 interceptor, sent my troops in to finish them...there were 5 units there.

This is a regular occurence. And it was not a player AI.

I looked through the Wiki...nothing there.
    • Nostroma wrote:

So tired of seeing AI's have 2 units left, then suddenly 5 units emerge from the one province they had left and attack.

Scouted the province with a lvl 3 interceptor, sent my troops in to finish them...there were 5 units there.

Give me the info on everything, your units, their units, who's land, levels, was it near water, etc, i wanna know everything, cause i can probably give you a solid answer
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Exactly. There's a good explanation for this, the AI is no coiner.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Game is gone now but I can give general info....

Was in Libya. It had become an AI. One of the southern provinces near Tripoli. I saw a lvl 1 armored car and a lvl 1 inf go into an adjacent province and capture it. Shortly after, there was only that one Libyan province left.
      I sent in a lvl 3 interceptor to remind me of what was there. Those 2 units were there. Withdrew my interceptor and sent in an armored car and 3 lvl 2 inf to finish them off.
      2 hours later, when my troops arrived, there were 5 Libyan troops there. The armored car, 3 lvl 1 inf and a lvl 1 AA.

For the record, this is not the first time this has happened...other countries, other games. Always with AI's
    • Nostroma wrote:

I can think of two explanations for how this could be if it were a human player:
      If this is a rural province (which is what I assumed, but you never actually specified) the other three units were hiding in an adjoining province, belonging to either a nation they were invading or a secret ally, and moved back in once your interceptor had left (the timing being either by accident or design). If terrain bonuses were in their favour, or they used a forced march, they could easily get there before your invading units.
      If this is an urban province, that's easy; the player noticed your interceptor sneaking around and quickly threw around some gold to speed up the production of three extra units.
      Either of these happening repeatedly would stretch my willingness to believe the other person wasn't cheating, but aren't out of the question.

The problem with all this? I can't imagine AIs using strategies like these, particularly when they can cheat by spawning extra units without all that faff and hope you don't notice.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • I’ve had plenty of times where I take most of a country but from one rural province I’ve missed, an AI attacks with a handful of units.. This is not magic. I’ve come back from being inactive, and seen my ai take my army and move a few units into a useless rural province. With the power of glitches and/or bad luck and/or maneuvering by AI, it’s possible to end up in situations like these. I doubt that this was the AI pulling a magic trick. AI magic was banned by the galactic council after the Asclandian revolution, which saw the robotic inhabitants of Asclandia’s many worlds use magic in their anarchist revolt. In this case after some arguing, especially by Ascladia and Glandslan, Humanity posed a deal which saw magic banned in all inorganic life, since their combination of robot minds and magic abilities was considered too powerful. AI magic was only allowed in fictional scenarios, such as games. This was in order to allow entertainment that used AI to continue having magic. I personally oversaw the writing of this into the law of the universe. And it’s still a thing today.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carking the 6th ().

• Carking the 6th wrote:

I’ve had plenty of times where I take most of a country but out a rural a province I’ve missed the ai attacks with a handful of units. This is not magic. I’ve come back from being inactive, and seen my ai take my army and move a few units into a useless rural province. With the power of glitches and/or bad luck and/or maneuvering by AI, it’s possible to end up in situations like these. I doubt that this was the AI pulling a magic trick. AI magic was banned by the galactic council after the Asclandian revolution, which saw the robotic inhabitants of Asclandia’s many worlds use magic in their anarchist revolt. In this case after some arguing, especially by Ascladia and Glandslan, Humanity posed a deal which saw magic banned in all inorganic life, since their combination of robot minds and magic abilities was considered too powerful. AI magic was only allowed in fictional scenarios, such as games. This was in order to allow entertainment that used AI to continue having magic. I personally oversaw the writing of this into the law of the universe. And it’s still a thing today.
      what
      Rahini Muchahari :danke:
      ^^