What is the best Anti-Air Strategy, units and tactics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the best Anti-Air Strategy, units and tactics

What strategy is best for defeating aircraft?

e.g. What units? How many? Where they should be placed? How to produce enough Units?
      President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".
    • There's two main ways:

1) Build a big fighter force (including rocket fighters if the race is really close), and fight for dominance of the skies with your opponent. Apart from having at LEAST an equal-size interceptor force, you also need a very high activity level, because air combat is the most intense and micro-managed in all of CoW;
      2) Organize your army into big stacks, and send a lot of AA with them. And when I say "a lot", I don't mean two or three; against an air-heavy enemy your stacks need at least 6 up-to-date AA guns (so NOT just L1's). There's several disadvantages to this: you can't really split your stacks to grab lots of land with rush units, cause everything you break off from the main stacks will immediately be attacked and destroyed (you can't send AA everywhere, after all). You also can throw any blitzkrieg ideas out of the window, cause you will be moving slow (even when you pick SPAA, which not only is very expensive, but also is one of the slowest mobile units). On the plus side, you don't need the extreme activity levels needed for air war, and AA is much cheaper than planes, so you can spend a lot of resources doing something else than building planes.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Have an Advance Army of decent Anti-Air units. Thats what i do, i rush their airfields then i have the farther back army take the provinces i missed, it works well, Cause if they attack the farther back armies, they may lose their airforce because of the Advance, and if they attack the Advance, by the time it dies you will have a large bit of land and more troops already en-route(Or should).
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

There's two main ways:

1) Build a big fighter force (including rocket fighters if the race is really close), and fight for dominance of the skies with your opponent. Apart from having at LEAST an equal-size interceptor force, you also need a very high activity level, because air combat is the most intense and micro-managed in all of CoW;
      2) Organize your army into big stacks, and send a lot of AA with them. And when I say "a lot", I don't mean two or three; against an air-heavy enemy your stacks need at least 6 up-to-date AA guns (so NOT just L1's). There's several disadvantages to this: you can't really split your stacks to grab lots of land with rush units, cause everything you break off from the main stacks will immediately be attacked and destroyed (you can't send AA everywhere, after all). You also can throw any blitzkrieg ideas out of the window, cause you will be moving slow (even when you pick SPAA, which not only is very expensive, but also is one of the slowest mobile units). On the plus side, you don't need the extreme activity levels needed for air war, and AA is much cheaper than planes, so you can spend a lot of resources doing something else than building planes.
      So is SPAA worth it, or just a waist of resources?
      President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".
    • Zaktty wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

There's two main ways:

So is SPAA worth it, or just a waist of resources?
      SPAA is worth it if you know how to use it, but its pretty easy to use, and its considered Light Armor instead of Infantry, and has more health, just make sure to constantly upgrade them and their facilities.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • i like to use strategic bombers as anti-air.

It can destroy air bases, unless your enemy have 4 times interceptors of same lvl, worth taking some damage if you can destroy the enemy air base where the interceptor are.

Once destroy the air base the interceptor become truck and can be easily take down by your bomber.

If the enemy have to much interceptors you can simple avoid the enemy concentration of interceptor, destroy the air bases network and then go for enemy principals provinces, destroy the resource building & production building.

The difference why i choose strat bomber over interceptor its bcuz not only can assure air dominance but also be offensive units.
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"
    • I like to use strategic bombers as anti-air too. In my opinion it is one of the most effective Anti-Air strategy. Building a big fighter force is also useful and even important, but it's not as easy as it sounds. In fact organize army in big stacks sounds great and promising in Anti-Air strategy so it can be worth it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bellissima ().

• Strategic bombers are great, but they don't replace the need for air cover from interceptors and AA. If your opponent protects his airfield with AA and/or builds up the city with upgraded air factories and bunkers, then your strategic bombers will have a difficult time taking it down. When you lose your strategic bomber force, then what? The enemy can do whatever they want to you from the air.

Strategic bombers are a good addition to your overall air strategy, giving your air force another tool to beat the enemy air force.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Strategic bombers are great, but they don't replace the need for air cover from interceptors and AA. If your opponent protects his airfield with AA and/or builds up the city with upgraded air factories and bunkers, then your strategic bombers will have a difficult time taking it down. When you lose your strategic bomber force, then what? The enemy can do whatever they want to you from the air.

Strategic bombers are a good addition to your overall air strategy, giving your air force another tool to beat the enemy air force.
      the benefit of air is they can choose their battles, strategic bombers have a insane range, your enemy cant defend everywhere, while strategic bombers can attack everywhere.

Also their insane amount of hp made them capable of take a lot of damage so unless the enemy had invested like a lot on antiair, they are able to take enemy bases even if there are antiair and interceptors defending those bases.
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"
    • What is the best stacks for offensive with tanks and sp anti-air? would 10 heavy tanks and 5 sp anti-air works in 1 stack? 15/10 ( 5 anti - air and 10 heavy tanks ) just clarifying because it says on rule " 10 most powerful units deal damage, additional units deal no damage.

or should I put just a couple of anti air in every tanks to make 10/10 which consist of 8 tank and 2 sp anti air? also if 1 separate them 10 tanks and with 10 anti air nearby will the anti- air attacks when my tanks got hit?

If someone could explain how stacking of units works it would be really great.

Pardon my English as it is not my first language. Thank you so much
    • Booze wrote:

What is the best stacks for offensive with tanks and sp anti-air? would 10 heavy tanks and 5 sp anti-air works in 1 stack? 15/10 ( 5 anti - air and 10 heavy tanks ) just clarifying because it says on rule " 10 most powerful units deal damage, additional units deal no damage.

The game engine will pick the 10 best units in your stack for every round of battle. Let's say you have 10 heavy tanks and 10 AA. If you get attacked by a stack of bombers, the 10 AA will defend before any of the 10 HT. If the same 10+10 stack is attacked by infantry, then the 10 tanks will defend and the 10 AA will sit out the battle.

This is why it's common to see 10 AA units in a game with a lot of air force in action. And not just large numbers, but higher levels, because higher level units are more manpower efficient.

By the way, heavy tanks are expensive, slow, inefficient units that are not great on offense or defense. But if you have them, and you need air cover, then use regular AA. It's cheaper, the Axis variant is boosted, and the speed of AA matches that of HT. You only need SPAA for fast units like light or medium armor and SP artillery.
    • I usually just spam more high level planes (interceptors, attack bombers, and tacticals) than my enemies. Along with a decent level ground force if you are active enough you can cause heavy damage and overwhelm an enemy. For those who only use fighters and rocket fighters you can use the superior range of tactical bombers to take out airstrips while the enemy is off guard and then wipe out their Air Force. Very few enemies use a lot of AA and those who do have weakened ground forces which are slower and possible to pick off. This allows you to outsmart them and get them Ina situation where they have to face both your land and air forces.

The only obstacle that counters this strategy easily is the dreaded high level strategic bomber attack that is almost unstoppable. They have high health and can obliterate your airstrips. My solution has been to force them or wait until they are refueling and then nuke away the problem, but obviously this isn’t always an option. Just that by the time someone has 30 high level strategic bombers I have a nuke. Obviously this isn’t a sustainable strategy but it works for me.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • pod_than wrote:

My basic idea is written in the following URL.

wikiwiki.jp/callofwar/航空戦術

On top of that, isn't destroying enemy aircraft a means to some end for you?
      My good sir I regret to inform you of the fact that your citation was written in the form of a language originating within a nation of which a minuscule minority of this specific group of people are equipped with the knowledge to comprehend.

What are you attempting to explain when using the words “just use google translate?” This matter is preposterous! I shall file a civil complaint in the court of law!

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate