Release Notes - 2023-06-07

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Release Notes - 2023-06-07

Release Notes - 2023-06-07

Attention, General!

While playing over the last few weeks you might have already noticed the visual improvements to the game. This is thanks to our new Particle Effect system, adding more spectacular visual effects to Call of War.
      Now there’ll be smoke rising from revolting cities, ripples of explosions as artillery shells impact and water jets straddling dueling warships. Directly observe the results of your actions on the battlefield, and marvel at the destruction!

With today's release, you might also find a new icon in your game rounds, that leads to the new "Operations" screen when activating it. This gives a first glimpse of the exciting new "Operations" feature that will be available to you and explained in depth shortly. Stay tuned for more info about this one!

We further improved the game with bug fixes. Units will no longer return to their starting position when adding waypoints from within the “Add Target” menu. Coalition invites now automatically expire when the coalition disbands, and Coalition leadership will again correctly be handed over to an active member if the leader goes inactive.

For a closer look at all the changes please check out the detailed Release Notes and share your feedback with us right here on the Forums and on our Discord Server.

Best of luck General!

Your Bytro Team
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • Awesome update!!

But you guys need to fix the stealth glitch, i noticed that cruisers cannot spot anything (stealth and non-stealth) and that they have to be in stacks of other units like battleships or carriers to see non stealth units.
      "Admins who give out bans and doesn't give a reason, should be burned in hell and won't be given a reason" :unfair:
    • They're completely uninteresting so far. Your first "mission" is to buy 2,300 (!) booster cards, which basically means "give us your money and we'll say you did well".
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • suggestions for other 'features' that could be moved to "mobile Only":
      1. Booster cards.
      2. Crates.
      3. "Strategic Adviser".
      4. "Stock Market" since it is so unbalanced in CoW-1.5
      5. "Espionage", since the menu functions so poorly.

this would go a long way to making the PC version more like a war game, and less like a grab bag of random tricks.
    • cycle9 wrote:

suggestions for other 'features' that could be moved to "mobile Only":
      1. Booster cards.
      2. Crates.
      3. "Strategic Adviser".

this would go a long way to making the PC version more like a war game, and less like a grab bag of random tricks.
      2 4 5 have straight up won me several games or significantly supported me in 2’s case. Removing them would basically mean that mobile players could spank PC like babies with ease. Not a good idea to relegate these to mobile only.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • cycle9 wrote:

I disagree because the stock market is realistic and has helped me make units and spies have given me advantages that a commander might have realistically had in the era that Call of War is based in.
    • cycle9 wrote:

suggestions for other 'features' that could be moved to "mobile Only":
      1. Booster cards.
      2. Crates.
      3. "Strategic Adviser".

In other words, "Make Mobile players have an enormous unfair advantage over PC players, even when 2/3 of CoW plays on majority PC."
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito