How does stacking of units works?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How does stacking of units works?

What is the best stacks for offensive with tanks and sp anti-air? would 10 heavy tanks and 5 sp anti-air works in 1 stack? 15/10 ( 5 anti - air and 10 heavy tanks ) just clarifying because it says on rule " 10 most powerful units deal damage, additional units deal no damage.

or should I put just a couple of anti air in every tanks to make 10/10 which consist of 8 tank and 2 sp anti air? also if 1 separate them 10 tanks and with 10 anti air nearby will the anti- air attacks when my tanks got hit?

If someone could explain how stacking of units works it would be really great.

Pardon my English as it is not my first language. Thank you so much
    • Booze wrote:

if 1 separate them 10 tanks and with 10 anti air nearby will the anti- air attacks when my tanks got hit?
      If the AA are very close to the tanks (< 5km) they will defend air attacks on the tanks.

Booze wrote:

10 most powerful units deal damage, additional units deal no damage.
      It's the 10 most powerful units per armor class. Thus, if you have tanks and AA and you are attacking light armor then the 10 best units against light armor will be used. If you are defending air the 10 best units for defending air will be used. In your example with 10 tanks and 5 AA, the 10 tanks would be used for most things (but the AA and anything else in the stack will still absorb damage during the fight). If the stack was attacked by planes then the 5 AA and the 5 healthiest tanks would be used to defend against the planes.
    • economically, 5Tanks / 5AA

Militarily, 10 Tanks/ 10 AA

You are welcome, its rare that we have non-trash talking players who ask useful questions
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • Booze wrote:

Then which is better?
      The basic idea with stacks is that the more per round power you have against an enemy the fewer rounds it will take to win the battle, which means your units will lose less HP since fewer rounds were fought. Stacking more than 10 of a unit type can also lead to less HP loss in some cases, but this is usually not optimal since those extra units could be doing something else. If you are interested in exploring stack behavior you could play around with dxcalc.com/cow and/or study the combat section of the wiki: wiki.callofwar.com/wiki/COMBAT
    • Read above :thumbup:

A simple example. If you have 5 infantry and 5 AT guns, and you are attacked by 10 medium tanks, what happens?
      All of your units fight. The AT guns are more effective, but the infantry do the best they can also.
      What happens if you have 10 infantry and 10 AT guns?
      In that case, the 10 AT guns will fight the tanks, and the infantry will stand by.
      They will all take some damage (because they are all together, taking fire).
      But you can't go around with 10 infantry and 10 AT guns and 10 AA guns in every province.
      So, you have to make choices....
      Send 5+5 stacks everywhere, or combine the best stack you can right before the fight.
      Once the fight is over, you can disperse and redirect units wherever they are needed.
      These kinds of made to order, real time stacks are the most efficient way to fight, if you can be active enough.
      If not... then good luck, because there is no perfect stack, any stationary defense can be beaten.
    • Booze wrote:

Then which is better? 10/10 of tanks and 10/10 of AA or 5 tanks, 5 AA / 10 OR 25 tanks 25 AA

thank you so much for answering my questions
      In-game, it would be both challenging and unwise to have 25 tanks and 25 AA in the same stack.
      (Say hello to my 10-stack arty)

If you don't have ranged units in your stack, I strongly recommend not stacking it over the 10-unit mark.

What kind of tanks are you using? If you're using heavy armour, you'll also probably want some regular Infantry in that stack, as it would be vulnerable to unarmoured units without them.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • I love nuclear winters. So beautiful to blanket Earth in an endless sheet of snow, which ironically cools rather than keep warm. Then the green glow of the shattered cities emanates for only the roaches to see.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate