Logbook / premium acc feature

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Logbook / premium acc feature

Hello community, this is my 1st post!
      I come to you with some problem and a great solution, which would boost the monetization.

The problem:
      So one day I've sent a squadron of lvl 2 navy bombers to attack (patrol mode) enemy's lvl 1 submarine. This seemed like an easy fight for me. After an hour or so, I logged in only to notice, that both my bombers and the submarine are ~50% health. Well that doesn't seem right, does it? I suppose meanwhile some fighter or battle cruiser popped in as, while I was observing, the fight seemed fair (0.4 my dmg taken VS 7 opponent's dmg taken). So how would I know what happened?

The solution:
      Each unit should contain it's own onboard logbook, where you can see detailed information on both outgoing and incoming damage. In case of stacked unit, a logbook should be viewable "per unit" (droplist or tabs) as on "shared" logbook would spawn many inconsistencies when dividing units later on.
      The logbook would also provide solution for other problem I've noticed. You are informed about lost units, but you are not informed about the units you've defeated. "Confirmed kill" count is the only trace of information, but it's far from perfect solution.

Monetizing:
      This solution seems like a perfect candidate as it doesn't inflate the "pay-to-win" factor and is not necessary for effective gaming. All the information provided by the logbook could be obtained by staying online and observing the fight. Just like construction and production queues help your gaming ability without the need for compulsive logging in, the logbook brings more understanding of game events and mechanism for the events taken while not logged in.

Mark my word, I'm not easy to be persuaded to buy game's premium or some extra in-game content, but this feature would convince me!

Hoped you liked my post, cheers!
    • I still wouldn't be a fan of it for premium accounts, but it would be nice if we could see what units your own troops have killed, what units your aircraft/units have sighted (pilots don't forget what they were scouting for), and what damage your units have taken.
      President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".
    • @Zakkty
      I do not understand your response.
      "I still wouldn't be a fan of it for premium accounts"
      Do you mean "I still wouldn't buy premium account even with that feature" ?
      I mean, what do you mean, it makes no logical meaning and I would love to know what you meant.

Then you go on describing features you would like, which are basically some extensions of Logbook.
      So you do like the feature, but you would like it to have some other features as well?
    • AdamAsco wrote:

@Zakkty
      I mean, what do you mean, it makes no logical meaning and I would love to know what you meant.

Then you go on describing features you would like, which are basically some extensions of Logbook.
      So you do like the feature, but you would like it to have some other features as well
      Most people aren't a fan of premium accounts, because they associate premium accounts with people who abuse gold, that's probably why so few people have liked this idea/viewed it, because not many people on the forum want anymore premium-only features.

Personally, I have nothing against premium accounts, but the community might.

Hope that helps you understand.

Also, if you hover your cursor over a post, in the bottom left corner of the post, there are options to like, reply, and quote, please like suggestions that you like so that Bytro pays attention to them.
      President of The Forum.

• Zaktty wrote:

AdamAsco wrote:

@Zakkty

So you do like the feature, but you would like it to have some other features as well
      Most people aren't a fan of premium accounts, because they associate premium accounts with people who abuse gold, that's probably why so few people have liked this idea/viewed it, because not many people on the forum want anymore premium-only features.
      Personally, I have nothing against premium accounts, but the community might.

Hope that helps you understand.

Also, if you hover your cursor over a post, in the bottom left corner of the post, there are options to like, reply, and quote, please like suggestions that you like so that Bytro pays attention to them.
      Do not misunderstand me.... if it is a choice to have this feature added to basic account, I would be very happy. But the game needs to generate revenue. And adding non-premium features does not monetize so quickly and clearly as premium features.
      More to say, this feature I suggested fits premium account, because it doesn't give you directly an edge over enemies. Often it happens that premium features are the ones that can compensate for not spending a lot of time over the game. This is exactly why I deemed this feature as premium.
    • Zaktty wrote:

Most people aren't a fan of premium accounts, because they associate premium accounts with people who abuse gold
      This is completely wrong. HC is a way to save time without fundamentally altering the game. Everything you can do with HC you can also do with a little more activity.

Gold fundamentally changes the game. It lets you do things that would be impossible otherwise, like having an army bigger than your manpower can support, instantly, and healing between battles, instantly.

Comparing the two is borderline offensive.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Zaktty wrote:

Most people aren't a fan of premium accounts, because they associate premium accounts with people who abuse gold
      This is completely wrong. HC is a way to save time without fundamentally altering the game. Everything you can do with HC you can also do with a little more activity.
      Gold fundamentally changes the game. It lets you do things that would be impossible otherwise, like having an army bigger than your manpower can support, instantly, and healing between battles, instantly.

Comparing the two is borderline offensive.
      I'm not trying to offend you, but from my perspective, most people, not myself, and probably not most people on this forum but the majority of Call of War players seem to think that anything being paid for is pay to win. That is all I am saying.
      President of The Forum.

• Tea drinker country ball is correct. Many players associate the premium account with gold spenders. While I would like to have HC features for all, obviously someone has to make money.

As for the feature, it sounds like a good idea. I’m not sure if it would get that many more people to pay for HC though.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • AdamAsco wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Tea drinker country ball is correct. Many players associate the premium account with gold spenders. While I would like to have HC features for all, obviously someone has to make money.

As for the feature, it sounds like a good idea. I’m not sure if it would get that many more people to pay for HC though.
      Well it would convince me. Also, it can't be hard to implement
      You never know until you do it. Guess it would take Freezy coming here and seeing if it’s plausible or something. It could always be that it’s much harder to implement a feature than you think.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate