AFK Options

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AFK Options

I dont know if the rest of you run into this. Obviously my stats suck.. Too many games, more deaths than kills, no wins. What I run into is that I work and have to sleep obviously. I work 4-10 hours shifts and obviously need to sleep. So I can get a good run going then come back to find myself essentially detroyed with half my territory gone. How would people think if there was an AFK option that protected you from attack for a set period of time while you were away at work or something likke that. I mean asouple of hours is my fault but when I CANNOT play for a 10-12 hour period it really sucks to come back to devestation.
    • I design my overnight orders specifically to keep ploughing ahead without intervention from me. It's backfired a couple of times but overall it's worked quite well. My modus operandi is giving out vast strings of orders to attack province after province, with at least three armies passing through at least one, the theory being that if I don't run into an enemy the army will keep moving for at least 24 hours (often up to five days if I'm trying to take a lot of islands) without my having to do a thing. In practice the routes keep getting reconfigured to match current events, because letting everything run on autopilot when I'm in a position to adapt has rarely ended well.
      I also do have a brief check-in window after I wake up but before I leave the house for the day, so I have time to react to an overnight attack.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • My main problem with this is that it would be no fun for anyone who's in a game where everyone else is in an incompatible time zone, since that would limit them to attacking AIs unless they're willing to stay up ridiculously late to play.
      (Totally not referring to myself here. I stay up ridiculously late to play anyway.)

Edit: This person has an idea that could potentially solve the 'offline' problem without the drawbacks I just mentioned, although they're pretty cynical in regards to the probability that it will actually be implemented.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lady Aragosta ().

• That would severely limit the number of games people could play. I already have to camp out the 'new games' page for ages to enter any HWW if I want a decent country to play as, and limiting myself to specific time zones in order to be able to attack human players would make it too restrictive.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
    • No, i strongly disagree since the strategies around your opponent time-zones is rooted into the game

in the other hand, i suggest games that starts and ends in couple of hours ... something like the x144 speed game (you can check it on youtube) ... very exciting idea and suits many people

also i suggest not to get involved in x2, x4, x10 games since it leads to highly devastated outcome at night yk