Fighter/Interceptor

• Fighter/Interceptor

The other day I bought a book called 'The Pictorial History of Fighter Aircraft'. As I was flipping through the pages, I suddenly spotted the word 'interceptor'. The book says that an interceptor is a specific type of fighter. It's a fighter designed to intercept enemy bombers. Interceptors are characteristic for their long range and high altitude ceiling, but for their lack of maneuverability. I think many of the so-called 'interceptors' in the game are not such. I think it should be corrected.
      "You can't break a man the way you break a dog, or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands." -Jackal (Far Cry 2)

• Pablo22510 wrote:

The other day I bought a book called 'The Pictorial History of Fighter Aircraft'. As I was flipping through the pages, I suddenly spotted the word 'interceptor'. The book says that an interceptor is a specific type of fighter. It's a fighter designed to intercept enemy bombers. Interceptors are characteristic for their long range and high altitude ceiling, but for their lack of maneuverability. I think many of the so-called 'interceptors' in the game are not such. I think it should be corrected.
      Why not? Interceptors in this game can intercept bombers (be it strategic, naval, or tactical) and can also intercept and combat other interceptors. That is the one thing that I am unsure of, the combat capability of the interceptors.
      follow me on instagram @coopswithdahoops

add me on snapchat @coopswitdahoops

follow me on twitter @realCooperDavis

yeahhhhhh
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

There are some planes in the 'interceptor' category that were most definitely not designed to intercept bombers.
      So, what's your point?

In all fairness, I see where you're coming from. Probably should be renamed to fighters.

yeahhhhhh
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

In the CoW universe, The Pictorial History of Fighter Aircraft was never written. It doesn't apply. Another book *was* written: The Call of War Pictorial History of Interceptors & Bombers. You might want to get a copy of it.
    • I Patton wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

In the CoW universe, The Pictorial History of Fighter Aircraft was never written. It doesn't apply. Another book *was* written: The Call of War Pictorial History of Interceptors & Bombers. You might want to get a copy of it.
      *facepalm*
      "You can't break a man the way you break a dog, or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands." -Jackal (Far Cry 2)

• I Patton wrote:

LOL

yeahhhhhh