Release Notes - 2023-06-27

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Release Notes - 2023-06-27

Attention, General!

Following up on the changes from the end of May, we are making further changes to the game’s balance. Thank you to all our players for the great feedback! It made us rethink our buffs to Railroad Guns. It also sparked follow-up changes to buff the Allied and Comintern doctrines.
      We reverted the buffs to Railroad gun production. Now a Secret Lab at level 4 is again required to ensure efficient production.
      Further, we increased the damage of Commandos, Anti-Tanks as well as Tactical and Attack Bombers. We want to strengthen units that profit from Allied and Comintern doctrine buffs to make those doctrines more competitive with their Pan-Asian and Axis counterparts.
      We also buffed the movement speed of SP Anti-Air. That way motorized offensives no longer have to compromise on either speed or anti-air.

And with that we come to the bug fixes for this week. Enjoyers of sub-surface warfare rejoice! Submarines are no longer visible even when undetected. We also fixed a bug that caused stealth units to become visible when stacked with non-stealth units.

For a closer look at the changes please check out the detailed Release Notes and share your feedback with us here on the Forums and on our Discord Server.

Best of luck General!

Your Bytro Team
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • Seems good. RRG revert good (I still think it should be split into two levels, a separate topic), AT needed a buff to differentiate itself further when compared to AA and to keep up with HT HP buff. Commandos may need more help than that but it seems fine. Glad to see stealth issues fixed.
    • These are all welcome changes. The RRGs were too ridiculous. I still think it's odd that they are even included in the game. The were obsolete before WWII even started and made no impact on the war at all.

Commandoes still need more to make them viable. Probably at least to function as if they had a stealth value of one level higher than their actual level. Maybe even the ability to scout too, which is an essential ability of commandoes. As it is, militia still are better at the stealth role.

Hopefully the bug of all land units being stealth for ships can be fixed soon.
    • Geden wrote:

We reverted the buffs to Railroad gun production. Now a Secret Lab at level 4 is again required to ensure efficient production.
      Does that mean it is literally impossible to build without lvl.4, or that production times take longer? The former has traditionally not been the case since early 1.0
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

Geden wrote:

Does that mean it is literally impossible to build without lvl.4, or that production times take longer? The former has traditionally not been the case since early 1.0
      Same as before. It just takes longer. Best you get is lv.4 for 20 hours or you’ll have to wait over a day. See how they say efficient production and not production in general.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • rather than buff the tactical bomber, why just dont made the -10% movement only affect land units, or buff another unit like paratroopers range.
      I mean paratroopers could be more useful in their intended role & Allies navy is horrible due lack speed.
      But tactical bombers are too good right now i would say.

As for comintern a buff to armored car could be useful, soviet union use heavy armored car with heavier guns & more armor. Increase hp & light armor damage, this would help them a lot in early, against other armored cars, and prevent enemy for infiltrate with fast units
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Danieliyoverde123 ().

• Danieliyoverde123 wrote:

rather than buff the tactical bomber, why just dont made the -10% movement only affect land units, or buff another unit like paratroopers range.
      I mean paratroopers could be more useful in their intended role & Allies navy is horrible due lack speed.
      But tactical bombers are too good right now i would say.

As for comintern a buff to armored car could be useful, soviet union use heavy armored car with heavier guns & more armor. Increase hp & light armor damage, this would help them a lot in early, against other armored cars, and prevent enemy for infiltrate with fast units
      Removing the main de buff from allied units in arguably the most powerful unit type in the game, would make them far too strong. Allied is already a pretty decent doctrine, these buffs would make them overpowered!

• My propose was removing the debuff for naval units basically. Ground units would be untouched, I know removing it from land units would be op.
      Airplanes already are faster than any land or sea units, the differences wouldnt be that much, maybe escape from interceptors here and there.
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"

My propose was removing the debuff for naval units basically. Ground units would be untouched, I know removing it from land units would be op.
      Airplanes already are faster than any land or sea units, the differences wouldnt be that much, maybe escape from interceptors here and there.
      The thing is having Allied tac bombers, which are already one of the best units in the game and just got buffed having a speed bonus, would be quite helpful. There are many times that I’ve had to hit a stack with planes before they hit my land units in the next 30 mins, which saved a-lot of health for the land stack. Having the main drawback from the allied doctrine removed by the allied doctrines most powerful force would just make them too strong. 10% is a big thing, and it can affect a lot! As for navy, allied navy may suck, but their naval bombers don’t. There is no need for such a drastic change.

• Well, is not a good idea direct attack enemy, unless the enemy have
      superior interceptors and you want to be sneaky, but by default patrol is the best option, i tend to forget that direct attack is a thing.
      speed is not that important when you just patrol over the enemy

Well, is not a good idea direct attack enemy, unless the enemy have
      superior interceptors and you want to be sneaky, but by default patrol is the best option, i tend to forget that direct attack is a thing.
      speed is not that important when you just patrol over the enemy
      Well I was just giving an example, albeit a pretty bad one. One of the most important uses during a surprise attack or when you want to damage a far away unit, and that planes are the go to until you can get land units in the area. These already very powerful units would now be able to get to places even faster, which would have a huge effect. You are really underestimating the power of speed. 10% is still 10% and combing that with the allied planes is too powerful. Plus the whole point is that speed is the main drawback of the allied doctrine, so removing that from the navy and air-force would kinda break it. We don’t see them removing the health de buff from Pan-Asian planes, or the cost de buff from Axis Ships? Why should this be any different?

• when the 1.5 just release i was the first to mention that panasia will be op, im recognise the value of speed when everyone else think it was useless, surprise panasia was the 1° doctrine being nerfed, same happen with the allies, its was the worst and they buff them the most.

Imo doctrines are now balanced but if devs want to buff allied its because stats sugest that they are underperforming. The main reason why i suggest remove sea debuff its because sea its very different, there is no movement penalty on enemy territory, you dont know where the enemy its gonna attack.

Being fast its kinda very important on sea wich made allies doctrine very vulnerable, if there was a coastal batery building or units i wouldnt mind to much about speed.
      But anyway even even if considered allies ok, if i want to buff them it would be just made them less vulnerable on a specific situation instead of buffing them overall.

Buffing the tactical bomber damage its at least for me stronger than removing speed debuff for allies ships.

when the 1.5 just release i was the first to mention that panasia will be op, im recognise the value of speed when everyone else think it was useless, surprise panasia was the 1° doctrine being nerfed, same happen with the allies, its was the worst and they buff them the most.

Imo doctrines are now balanced but if devs want to buff allied its because stats sugest that they are underperforming. The main reason why i suggest remove sea debuff its because sea its very different, there is no movement penalty on enemy territory, you dont know where the enemy its gonna attack.

Being fast its kinda very important on sea wich made allies doctrine very vulnerable, if there was a coastal batery building or units i wouldnt mind to much about speed.
      But anyway even even if considered allies ok, if i want to buff them it would be just made them less vulnerable on a specific situation instead of buffing them overall.

Buffing the tactical bomber damage its at least for me stronger than removing speed debuff for allies ships.
      To be fair late game allied ships are kinda overpowered, no doctrine (perhaps maybe Axis) can fight Allies without a large numerical advantage because of the amount of ships they can crank out + the fact that they are higher leveled than all their opponents. Aslo being allies they can research destroyers, cruisers and battleships (plus subs and carriers ig), so their fleets once stacked are essentially unkillable (except perhaps convoy strats???)

Do agree on your original point that paratroopers need a boost in allies, or even an overall boost would be nice (paratroopers are so fun but somewhat useless)

And I think 6thDragon or someone else mentioned this; commandos need a buff pleaseeeeee I beg devs give us the +1 stealth boost :wallbash
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Allied doctrine is my favorite and one of the best preforming from what I’ve seen. Many games I play end up with an allied countries as the winners or reaching end game often. I mean I have seen way too many times where an American coalition crushes all of Asia in the pacific map. It’s definitely more dependent on player, but allied doctrine is excellent. But I do agree that buffing the planes would affect them more, depending on the buff. I mean if it was a minor health increase then you might as well go for the ships lol.

You right, but every allies thing is the strongest by late game xD (im exagerating but you got the point)
      Ye but they have viable counters; allied tacs and strat bombers ---> AA or interceptors (mostly first option tbh), ground can be beat with better tactics, but ships are kinda iffy since the only "strategy" is convoy or sub stacking, since DD kill subs, CR kill planes and BB kill other ships
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Danieliyoverde123 wrote:

You right, but every allies thing is the strongest by late game xD (im exagerating but you got the point)
      Ye but they have viable counters; allied tacs and strat bombers ---> AA or interceptors (mostly first option tbh), ground can be beat with better tactics, but ships are kinda iffy since the only "strategy" is convoy or sub stacking, since DD kill subs, CR kill planes and BB kill other ships
      Honestly I’ve found AA surprisingly ineffective against massive plane stacks with 30+ high level planes. I end up either overwhelming them, or they waste so many of the enemies resources that their land army is weakened and I can overwhelm them by land.