Release Notes - 2023-06-27

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• jubjub bird wrote:

Tbh I use the regular graphics mode and have had a fine time differentiating terrain since they tweaked the new look after the 2.0 upgrade.
      Same thing here. If push comes to shove you can always click on a province and see it’s terrain type. Still nice to see we have something somewhat similar to the old map out there.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • DxC wrote:

I was able to see them when I had my units near the nexus point below.
      Update. I moved the units back south until the buildings came into view thinking maybe it was using the distance by road instead of by crow. After the buildings came into view I stopped and started doing some distance calculations. When I looked back at the map the buildings had disappeared even though the unit hadn't moved. Thus it seems to be some inconsistent bug. Reloading the game didn't cause the buildings to appear either.
    • DxC wrote:

DxC wrote:

I was able to see them when I had my units near the nexus point below.
      Update. I moved the units back south until the buildings came into view thinking maybe it was using the distance by road instead of by crow. After the buildings came into view I stopped and started doing some distance calculations. When I looked back at the map the buildings had disappeared even though the unit hadn't moved. Thus it seems to be some inconsistent bug. Reloading the game didn't cause the buildings to appear either.
      I don’t know how to describe it, but this is a certain type of bug I see in many games. Sprites disappear when certain things go near them, including the camera. Not sure why it happens though.

• This and last balancing patch in a nutshell:
      Axis buffs:
      -Motorized infantry
      -SPAA
      -Attack bomber
      -Rockets

Pan-Asians:
      -Light tanks
      -Flying bomb
      -Battleships
      -Big SPAA buff, even though they can research them later they will be ridiculous in late game when they run circles around other doctrines' units

Allies:
      -TD
      -Nuclear and rocket stuff
      -Paratroopers and Commandos
      -Tactical bombers

Comintern: ???
      -HT ???
      -TD and AT buff against heavy armor but how much heavy armor is there in the game and Comintern has artillery already anyway
      -Infantry (They need way too much human resources to produce them anyway)
      -Attack bomber??? Comintern has so bad air units that this buff feels like actual buff to other doctrines while Comintern wont benefit from it at all

Axis likes flat HP and DMG bonuses, Allies can research a lot of those buffed units, Pan-asians like movement speed bonuses and ships buffs. But Comintern doesnt get too much out of this.

It felt like Comintern was already bad and this makes it even worse in comparison to other doctrines.
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Infantry spam with them is very easy, so you lost me there. You underestimate the strength of their armored cars and artillery, which makes up for the air loss.
      The point is the patches didnt buff them while simultaneously stating that Comintern and Allies are slightly worse than Asians and Axis. Maybe you can spam Infantry but at the expense of units with actual worth. Making spending so much human resources for cannon fodder more worth isnt a serious buff.

Other doctrines got their core units buffed meanwhile Comintern must be happy with Infantry and more damage against heavy armor as if they didnt have already enough of that.
    • Well but how is Comintern supposed to deal with buffs to Axis and Asians. Light tanks and SPAA specifially. You wont tell me you will be chasing them with artillery? I think Comintern had already trouble in dealing with blitzkrieg since they dont have aircrafts to stop single units/small stacks and now its even worse.

Actually Allies also might have trouble chasing Axis's SPAA
    • Their attack bombers are not too bad, and this doesn’t mean that they can’t have planes; I’ve made good use of commie planes before. Shoot and scoot will burn though armored units health. Armored cars can defend and also pull the same move and invade the enemy.