Firing on approaching stack leads to attack mode in battle.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Firing on approaching stack leads to attack mode in battle.

In one of my games, there was an enemy stack approaching mine. I had artillery in my stack, and started firing. When the stack reached my stack, my stack began inflicting attack damage instead of defensive damage on the other stack. This led to me losing the battle.
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE BOATS?
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE LOGS?
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • DxC wrote:

That's interesting. According to this thread (arty only defending when melee attacked) the arty stack should have went into defense mode. Did you have any non default fire control settings set? I personally prefer
      arty to continue to attack this way because I often have mostly arty in my arty stacks and they are very weak on defense.
      It was on default. The battle is over, but I think that each stack had its own separate attack timer. The stack was defending, but it was also attacking at the same time.
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE BOATS?
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE LOGS?
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • Strange. Could your attack timer have hit while the enemy stack was still traveling but within 5km? Perhaps something like that could lead to a dual attacking situation.

I haven't noticed a change to the artillery defense mechanics since my post in the thread that DxC linked so I'm trying to think of other potential causes.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

Strange. Could your attack timer have hit while the enemy stack was still traveling but within 5km? Perhaps something like that could lead to a dual attacking situation.

I haven't noticed a change to the artillery defense mechanics since my post in the thread that DxC linked so I'm trying to think of other potential causes.
      Apart from some other random bug that somehow led to this, I think this is the most likely answer. A lot of strange things and bugs can happen when you commit an action the second a melee unit gets into attack range (though usually nothing). But yeah a lot of bugs I’ve seen take place with a similar situation, when you attack a melee u it while it’s moving but as it’s in attack range of your own forces.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate