Finland

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yes. Finland was the first country I ever played in CoW.

Recommended path:
      • blitz sweden
      • Hit communists next
      • Take inactives (Baltics, Karelia, etc)
      • Attack Russian empire
      • work out from top right of map, expand south and west
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Yes. Finland was the first country I ever played in CoW.

Recommended path:
      • blitz sweden
      • Hit communists next
      • Attack Russian empire

sure this would work if enemy were passive enough to follow every script written in your battleplan.
      anyway clash are pretty much farmland while you can jump right into WaW kick some asses before somebody throw you back to home menu
      ꦮꦺꦱ꧀ꦲꦺꦴꦫꦲꦺꦴꦤꦺꦴꦱꦺꦁꦲꦶꦱꦺꦴꦢꦶꦭꦏꦺꦴꦤꦶ

Normal Day in Call of War

World at War Playthrough
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Recommended path:
      • blitz sweden
      • Hit communists next
      • Attack Russian empire

If Russian Empire is even slightly competent, then Finland is screwed. And anyways, why would you blitz the axis country (sweden), when a weaker target (commie russia) is right there? Comintern has a very big disadvantage right at the start of the game comapred to axis, since it takes time for them to produce units to outnumber opponents. Same principle applies to Russian Empire (altho in that case you can't immediately take them out, so a coalition is best if not playing solo).
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Recommended path:
      • blitz sweden
      • Hit communists next
      • Attack Russian empire

If Russian Empire is even slightly competent, then Finland is screwed. And anyways, why would you blitz the axis country (sweden), when a weaker target (commie russia) is right there? Comintern has a very big disadvantage right at the start of the game comapred to axis, since it takes time for them to produce units to outnumber opponents. Same principle applies to Russian Empire (altho in that case you can't immediately take them out, so a coalition is best if not playing solo).
      Well I see this as a Basic sort of idea? Take out the bigger threat before it gets to strong? Not sure did think it would be better to ally with Sweden and cover each others flanks, them looking out west and south while the you looking east and south. But I agree, no plan survives contact with the enemy; every game in call of war is different. The best you can do is build the right units for the axis doctrine and your position, and try your best. These guides really depend on situation, in the end.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Recommended path:
      • blitz sweden
      • Hit communists next
      • Attack Russian empire

Well I see this as a Basic sort of idea? Take out the bigger threat before it gets to strong? Not sure did think it would be better to ally with Sweden and cover each others flanks, them looking out west and south while the you looking east and south. But I agree, no plan survives contact with the enemy; every game in call of war is different. The best you can do is build the right units for the axis doctrine and your position, and try your best. These guides really depend on situation, in the end.
      The basic idea is fine, I never said it wasn't. The problem is telling new players to do XYZ, will result in them failing to do anything, lose instantly and quit the game, or win a couple times until the strategy fails, hence quitting the game.

My general advice is: look at what level, KDR, and win rate your nearby neighbours are; the highest ones from each category are your bigggest threat, kill them first, keep an eye out for the rest. Even then circumstances may dictate other actions, so don't blame me if you lose to Commie Russia if you sent all your forces to Sweden (by you, I am referring to OP, not Carking ^^)

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

o7
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Recommended path:
      • blitz sweden
      • Hit communists next
      • Attack Russian empire

The basic idea is fine, I never said it wasn't. The problem is telling new players to do XYZ, will result in them failing to do anything, lose instantly and quit the game, or win a couple times until the strategy fails, hence quitting the game.
      My general advice is: look at what level, KDR, and win rate your nearby neighbours are; the highest ones from each category are your bigggest threat, kill them first, keep an eye out for the rest. Even then circumstances may dictate other actions, so don't blame me if you lose to Commie Russia if you sent all your forces to Sweden (by you, I am referring to OP, not Carking ^^)
      At the same time if you are a new player it’s best you ally these people in a coalition! You really shouldn’t go for solos until you’re good at the game.

• Carking the 6th wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Recommended path:
      • blitz sweden
      • Hit communists next
      • Attack Russian empire

The basic idea is fine, I never said it wasn't. The problem is telling new players to do XYZ, will result in them failing to do anything, lose instantly and quit the game, or win a couple times until the strategy fails, hence quitting the game.My general advice is: look at what level, KDR, and win rate your nearby neighbours are; the highest ones from each category are your bigggest threat, kill them first, keep an eye out for the rest. Even then circumstances may dictate other actions, so don't blame me if you lose to Commie Russia if you sent all your forces to Sweden (by you, I am referring to OP, not Carking ^^)
      At the same time if you are a new player it’s best you ally these people in a coalition! You really shouldn’t go for solos until you’re good at the game.
      A newborn could solo win on the Europe map, the competition is that easy to beat.

o7
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Recommended path:
      • blitz sweden
      • Hit communists next
      • Attack Russian empire

I find that Sweden is more often taken by a competent player [as opposed to communist russia] and because Sweden will have you as the only human close to attack, while communist Russia has Russian Empire, Ukraine and Poland.

Also, taking communist Russia first will give you more borders with player nations.
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Recommended path:
      • blitz sweden
      • Hit communists next
      • Attack Russian empire

The basic idea is fine, I never said it wasn't. The problem is telling new players to do XYZ, will result in them failing to do anything, lose instantly and quit the game, or win a couple times until the strategy fails, hence quitting the game.My general advice is: look at what level, KDR, and win rate your nearby neighbours are; the highest ones from each category are your bigggest threat, kill them first, keep an eye out for the rest. Even then circumstances may dictate other actions, so don't blame me if you lose to Commie Russia if you sent all your forces to Sweden (by you, I am referring to OP, not Carking ^^)
      A newborn could solo win on the Europe map, the competition is that easy to beat.
      A newborn with experience. Issue is that they might not even know 40% of the games mechanics. They gotta learn what they are doing before they can do solos.

• Carking the 6th wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Recommended path:
      • blitz sweden
      • Hit communists next
      • Attack Russian empire

A newborn with experience. Issue is that they might not even know 40% of the games mechanics. They gotta learn what they are doing before they can do solos.
      I assume by “newborn” you mean “going solo”?
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

I think they either meant a newbie could do it or a baby could because the players are that bad.
      Most of them are random edgy screenagers who though CoW was something it’s not...
      Hoi4 or smh
      I think the term newborn means those who first start playing, ie 1st, 2nd Or 3rd game.
      The Saviour
    • I meant newborn in the literal sense, didn't expect everyone to overanalyse it...

I just meant that the Europe map is CoW on peaceful mode, its just AI bashing. Good for practice tho if you're a newbie I suppose.

o7
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

I think they either meant a newbie could do it or a baby could because the players are that bad.
      Most of them are random edgy screenagers who though CoW was something it’s not...
      Hoi4 or smh
      It would be cool if it was tho

• As a Finnish player, the plan you should use is:
      - Alliance with Poland and Sweden
      - Join Poland in attacking Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania
      - Attack Karelia to capture Communist Russia's left flank
      - Attack Norway with Sweden and occupy some important provinces in Northern Norway
      - Join Poland in attacking Communist Russia (call on the Russian empire to join if possible)