Licitar

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Yeah their populations have been falling and their useless governments blame their problems on each other while the people just try to make it by… very dark but they can turn it around still providing their governments get their shit together. But asking any government that has ever had power in the Balkans to be competent is a tall ask!
      It's a shame... go to some parts of Serbia and you'll think you're in a third world country
      This is with all of Eastern Europe. Cities like Belgrade, Sofia, Kyiv, Moscow. All marvels that beam with greatness… then the countryside looks like 1886 after some random war with the Ottomans…
      I was in Sofia once, and there were all these empty flats from the Cold War era, along with many vacant newer houses!
      Oh yeah they all have their slums and commie blocs. The population decline doesn’t let them get filled. Still, the major cities can at least be called from an industrial century.
      I once heard that commie blocs can be pretty nice if you renovate them and upgrade their utilities. Though I don’t actually know if that’s true.
      I heard they do that a lot in Croatia... idk why but most of Serbia just builds newer houses and apartment/condo complexes.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

I knew this question would come up eventually… the old US of A. ‘Murica. Though I am from Jordan.
      Wasn’t it called Trans-Jordan before?
      Yeah. It wasn’t really a concept before this. The country is named after the river Jordan. Historically it was basically just part of the levant with Syria and Palestine (Lebanon was not a concept either) until Britain and France came to prance. We were promised the entire Arabian peninsula along with Iraq and the Levant to betray the Ottomans, and instead got divided up into the borders that caused everything that leads us to today.
      Those Brits sure screwed things up, didn’t they?If it wasn’t for them, to Israel-Palestine conflict wouldn’t be happening.
      Among their failure to mediate disputes between the Jews and Arabs was Also the terrible division of India, their treatment of Africans and terrible division of them, then being the cause for the civil war in Myanmar. Among other things. Literally everyone on Earth has a bone to pick with the British and/or French. Literally give me any country and I bet I can name something they caused that negatively effected that country. It’s very funny. But yeah I could rant about the British for a century, history is inane.
      Yeah and unfortunately some people here still think the Empire was amazing and that, and you can’t critique it at all… that narrative has reduced a bit, in part due to the failures of the empire being required on the school curriculum, but it still persists in places.

I do joke about British might and that but tbh what we have done in the past is absolutely horrific unfortunately. Not proud of that
      Have a blessed day <3