Napoleon Botaparte: A Chat-GPT powered playthrough

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Napoleon Botaparte: A Chat-GPT powered playthrough

Disclaimer: This is one of the dumbest playthroughs to ever disgrace the forums. Don't expect to learn anything useful from this playthrough. Do not follow any advice I give here.

Napoleon Bonaparte. Dwight D. Eisenhower. Hannibal. These are all some of the greatest generals of all time. However, none of them are the greatest. That honor, of course, goes to ChatGPT. This playthrough, ChatGPT, or Napoleon Botaparte, as I like to call it, will lead Spain in a Clash of Nations map. I chose Clash of Nations so that my K/D wouldn't be affected too bad if bad things happen. ChatGPT will be in charge of the units I build, who I go to war with, the messages I send, and how I fight wars. It will be in charge of everything in the country. Here's a link to the conversation.

Spain WW2 Prosperity (openai.com)

Part 1: Opening Moves

The most important part of any playthrough is the beginning, where you set up the kind of army you want to have. ChatGPT, in its infinite wisdom, chose to research infantry and armored cars. In my cities, it built a barrack, a tank plant, and a naval base. It didn't want to build an aircraft factory, citing the cost of building one. This is the first lesson I learned from this game. Air power is not worth the cost. You must have a purely ground-based army.

On the diplomatic side of things, ChatGPT acted more like Mother Teresa than Fransisco Franco. It didn't want to go to war unless it was absolutely necessary. It sent a message to France asking to be allies. France actually proposed a right of way for right of way trade back, which ChatGPT accepted. ChatGPT also wanted to create embassies in the United States, United Kingdom, and Soviet Union. It also wrote an article about peace in the newspaper. The first paragraph should tell you all you need to know about ChatGPT's opinion on war.

"It is with great pleasure that I take this opportunity to express Spain's unwavering commitment to peace, cooperation, and international solidarity. In these turbulent times, it is imperative that we come together as nations to build a better future for all."

ChatGPT obviously doesn't know that I'm playing a war game. We'll see how long it will remain pacifist for.

ChatGPT was in favor of decolonization, moving Spain's colonial soldiers back to the homeland. It also wanted to put spies in neighboring countries, which wasn't very peaceful. Finally, it wanted to research commandos in the future. Spain's rise has only just begun. Napoleon Botaparte will one day rule the world.
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE BOATS?
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE LOGS?
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • Of course the second Oversimplified man comes back this happens.

Thing is I’ve tried to convince chatGPT to agree with anything violent, and it never does, that’s just the way it’s written. Even the things you ask it to say are usually pacifist and wholesome. I remember hearing about someone asking it to write some scenario about an alternate Cold War and it made it a scenario about peaceful cooperation and living together in harmony. This is just one example from many. You’ll have to tell it that this country is committing war crimes before it agrees to intervene…

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carking the 6th ().

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Of course the second Oversimplified man comes back this happens.

Thing is I’ve tried to convince chatGPT to agree with anything violent, and it never does, that’s just the way it’s written. Even the things you ask it to say are usually pacifist and wholesome. I remember hearing about someone asking it to write some scenario about an alternate Cold War and it made it a scenario about peaceful cooperation and living together in harmony. This is just one example from many. You’ll have to tell it that this country is committing war crimes before it agrees to intervene…
      so relatable
      Llloolololololol
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Of course the second Oversimplified man comes back this happens.

Yeah, it's really annoying. I can't ask it for anything related to diplomacy without a 300-word essay about peace and finding a balanced solution to problems. I did get it to do a trade embargo. I want to see its military prowess, so I will be forcing it into a war with Portugal in the near future.
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • Day 2

As ChatGPT's reign as leader of Spain continues, it becomes increasingly clear that the greatest period in Spanish history has begun. Spain's power increased even more during the second day of its leadership.

Military:

Yesterday, ChatGPT said that it didn't want an air force, citing the cost. However, it changed its mind today. It wanted to research fighter jets and strategic bombers. Its naval strategy was risky at best. It wanted a navy composed of submarines, battleships, and aircraft carriers. This navy will not do well if confronted with an experienced player, but who am I to question a superior mind? I'm sure it will do great. ChatGPT also opted for a balanced army consisting of infantry, tanks, and ordinance units.
      ChatGPT also made a major military decision today. Algeria invaded Morocco, and ChatGPT wanted to move 10-15 Spanish units to Africa to defend my colony in case Algeria wanted it. It said to wait until a convoy could be put together before sending the units over, though.

Economy:

ChatGPT an expert military mind, but it is also a master at planning economies. Due to its previous espionage program, money was short in Spain. When asked how to fix this issue, ChatGPT instituted a policy of conservative spending and industrial buildup. It was against selling resources, calling it "not a viable long-term solution." Ever the balanced ruler, it built industries in half of Spanish cities.

Diplomacy:

Today was a watershed day in ChatGPT's diplomacy program. The United Kingdom had invaded Ireland, and invited Spain to its (already full) coalition. ChatGPT was firm on this, declining the invitation, putting a trade embargo on the UK, and sending a berating message. This led to the UK apologizing to me and writing a letter in the newspaper apologizing to Ireland. I felt bad for the UK after this, because he was obviously a noob, so I told him that no one cares about invading AI and sent him some money for his trouble.

Conclusion:

This day set precedents for what Spain's future would be like. I will try to get ChatGPT to go to war with Portugal in the near future.
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • I'm too lazy for an actual update today. Here's ChatGPT's summary.

During our leadership, several key developments have taken place. Spain has prioritized economic stability and military preparedness, focusing on research and production of various units to enhance our army's capabilities. We have established diplomatic relations with France and engaged in trade with multiple nations.
      However, tensions have arisen as the United Kingdom launched an unprovoked invasion of Ireland. We expressed concerns over this aggression and temporarily suspended trade with the UK until the invasion is resolved. We also considered entering an alliance with the UK, France, and Algeria but carefully weighed the decision based on the invasion of Ireland and the need to protect our interests.
      Internationally, Portugal ended trade with Spain, leading to diplomatic challenges. Meanwhile, our attention has been drawn to the potential threat of Algeria and the need to reinforce our African colony's defense. Balancing forces between Africa and the Portuguese border has become a priority.
      To address financial challenges, we have explored economic reforms, fiscal discipline, and potential trade opportunities with other nations. It is essential to strike a balance between economic stability and the well-being of our citizens while pursuing diplomatic resolutions and maintaining a strong defense.

Moving forward, careful decision-making, diplomatic engagement, and strategic planning will be vital to navigate the complexities of international relations, protect our interests, and work towards the prosperity and security of Spain.
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins