Invading Japan for the Union!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Invading Japan for the Union!

The time has almost come,” Marshal Zhukov thought, inspecting his men in Vladivostok. He had come a long way from a commander against this same enemy in Siberia, to a key player in the coup against Stalin. Now he leads this final offensive against the enemy he defeated so long ago.

He takes a good look at his men, who he had trained for years and fought across the battlefields of Eastern Europe with. Now he leads them in one last offensive against the greatest adversary the Union would ever see, his own allies he fought with to defeat that enemy, and even a people who the union had tried to befriend and protect…

Zhukov makes the faintest of smiles, not arousing any suspicion from his men who know him for his strong personality and iron demeanor, but still letting him take joy in some memories of the past. The Marshal inspects an artillery cannon, a gun built to plow right throw the light vehicles of the enemy armies. He stares at his watch, looks at the time, shoots a look at each and every one of the generals under his command in the eye, uttering one last command.

“Let us go!”

I shall now be documenting the final war in this HWW that I managed to get as the Soviet Union. My final real enemy before my coalition wins the game. Or at least if I beat them. The enemy Ithe union will face will be an Imperial Japan (sorry Sam) Mongolia and Tibet, all in a coalition. Mongolia has an old offer for share map that I will use once I launch the offensive, very soon.

(This will be the main front of the war)

(What the map will look like)
      My army is smaller over all than their combined forces but mostly because of the Japanese fleet. The red army is higher level and they are spread out and unready, at least for now. I shall seize the opportunity before their forces get ready!

This is your average Japanese stack that I will face, actually of higher quality than most other forces.

Average Soviet stack. Most of my invading forces are composed of this. Had to gather armies from the west, but Europe is in our coalitions hands. I’ll be fighting the Asian forces alone, but their coalition stands no chance against the Red army! And of course our…

Air Force! I shall split it into stacks to wipe out Japanese air forces, but I need it near the coast to be ready to bombard their fleet, which will lose to my dive bombers or at least be pushed back. Combining the strength of their fleet vs our Air Force and even some land arty support will end in their defeat, surprisingly.

The attack will come soon. Our forces have a vast numerical and quality advantage, and I know where everything they have will be and is. Mongolia and Japan will Stand no chance, and Tibet is busy on other front and also too weak to face the red army! Our forces will liberate Asia from their oppression and bring freedom for our people and theirs!

Glory to the Soviet Union!
      Their armies will collapse even worse this timeline…

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate

The post was edited 2 times, last by Carking the 6th ().

• POV: Japanese commanders of Manchukuo in 1945 after Germany surrenders, hearing boss music.
      Well done! Hopefully reverse the shame of the defeat to the Japanese in 1905. This dollar-store Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere should be a pushover.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• The Tsar was a fool who stood no chance because of his terrible treatment of the people and commanders! The USSR recruits from meritocracy! Not even the party has an advantage, only the best join the red army! Our Mongol allies may have betrayed us, but it was against the will of their people. And we all know what the Japanese have done… soon we will liberate all of Asia! Glory to the Soviet Union!

• It was a push over. Already Japan seems inactive. Mongolia has been pacified, and Tibet is all but doomed. The Union will liberate Asia!

Main front in Manchuria fell in just a day! Once Beijing falls nothing will stop a grand sweep in Asia! I’ve taken all major cities in Mongolia, their army is non existent.

This is only 58 units in actuality. Their forces stand no chance against the better armed and trained soldiers of the union, and they are busy trying to take India. We may as well liberate India too…
      This is the entire front. (The US is inactive and useless) I’ve taken out basically all major stacks and sadly the Japanese player already seems inactive. Saddening. But this guarantees Asia for the union! Nothing can stand in our way now, communism will liberate this continent!
      Their casualties are all well over 2-1. We now have greater numbers and forces. The Soviet Union is unstoppable!

With this war won, I will rule all of Asia. The only player left would be Germany. They are overstretched and though I’m in a coalition with them they aren’t the best ally. I may pull a move from the book of @Lady Aragosta and betray them. Those Nazi scum need to fall anyway. Glory to the Soviet Union! Long live the people!

Workers of the world, unite!

• What units are you using? As Red China I used medium tanks, militia, attack bomers and arty/sp rocket arty the most, what are you preferring? Because with a K/D of 2:1 it works :thumbsup:
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • High level infantry, medium tanks and SP arty (if you’re Soviet you have to get medium tanks and Katushas!) regular arty and then lv 1 millita, light tanks AA, anti tanks to send around the sides and rural areas. My planes are a mix of quite high level Int’s attacks and tacs.

• What are those fonts in the newspapers? Those headings look almost like Algerian. Is it just normal ones that look weird to me next to the forum fonts, or have you somehow got custom ones?

Not surprised to hear Mongolia was a pushover; the army it starts with is pathetic (although negated by being Commie and thus easy to expand) and judging by the map that player was doing nothing for the entire game.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

What are those fonts in the newspapers? Those headings look almost like Algerian. Is it just normal ones that look weird to me next to the forum fonts, or have you somehow got custom ones?

Not surprised to hear Mongolia was a pushover; the army it starts with is pathetic (although negated by being Commie and thus easy to expand) and judging by the map that player was doing nothing for the entire game.
      Not sure about the fonts. I am a mobile guy so it’s always like that. And you’d be right about the Mongols, they were only sitting there trying to build their economy and trade. Capitalist filth. Their leader even expressed regret at his actions.

(Done the same as in helped them. I’d fight to the end against the capitalist scum!)

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Not sure about the fonts. I am a mobile guy so it’s always like that. And you’d be right about the Mongols, they were only sitting there trying to build their economy and trade. Capitalist filth. Their leader even expressed regret at his actions.
      I've only ever used mobile once, when trying out a cheat someone had mentioned to get extra booster cards (which didn't work). That's probably why - they just look odd to me as a desktop player.

I'm honestly not sure why someone would build up an industry and not an army when the main purpose of the former is to fund the latter.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • We won’t make it because we keep almost running out of freaking goods and having to spend the (whip copious) vast majority of our money to keep up! We are upgrading industry and setting up production, but until then we are at the mercy of capitalist prices… for now.

• Belongs to the Union it does indeed. We have captured most of Asia and didn’t even lost one province to revolt, thanks to a well timed capture of their capital! Our armies sweep through Asia rapidly…

Part of the reason they are so weak other than inactivity is because they moved a large part of their army to Americas. It wouldn’t have saved them but using it and trying to fight us would have at least done the Japanese something.

With all these points the game is all but won for our coalition. The Americans have returned and are trying to “help” by stealing our land in Indonesia. While we could win it with the coalition, the leaders of the revolution have other plans…

The Red Army is proven in battle with a 120k to 20k or 5 to 1 ratio against the Japanese and Asian alliance. The Germans are weak and spread thin. Not ready for an attack, and even weaker than the Japanese. Instead they plan a “final solution” against the Jews and Slavs of Europe. We managed to slow them down, but they have began to move people in secret. Millions will suffer without us… Comrade @TheZhukov and his team of generals, commanders of the Red Army, Soviet Air Forces and the Red Fleet will lead one more offensive, charging into the distracted and weakened heart of the fascist beast for final blow! Soon the entire world will have the revolution brought, workers and peoples freed…

Glory to the Armed Forces of the Soviet Union!
      Glory to the Workers!
      Glory to the People!
      Glory to the Communist Dream!
      Images
      • IMG_1350.png

65.32 kB, 360×640, viewed 35 times
      • IMG_1351.png

54.21 kB, 360×640, viewed 28 times
      • IMG_1352.png

72.78 kB, 360×640, viewed 36 times

• “This is it.” Everyone thought, in their own way. In the case of Marshal Zhukov, there was a mix of relief and sadness. Relief because his country has done the right thing, and was going to fight against the horrors of its neighbors. But also a bit of sadness, for this would probably be the final war he would lead his men through. If they were to win, the USSR and the communist dream would be unstoppable, the world forced to bow through sheer economic necessity.

He had led his troops through the hills of Manchuria, the fields of Poland. Across the streets of Moscow. Then again all the way down the the cities of China and islands of Japan, now he will march to the villages of Germany, those horrible camps..

When it was all over he’d be remembered. Either as the right hand man of the worst villain, or the hero who helped bring the world to a new age. He look at his men, generals, a few planes flying around his HQ. The tanks and artillery that plowed though so many enemies before. He knew how this would end, because he was leading not just any army, but the Red Army. Then suddenly, a radio broadcast from non other than Moscow itself came on. He looked at a time and realized that this would be coming from the General Secretary himself! Men gathered around their radios and listened in.

“This fated battle has long been waiting. The Soviet Union has watched as the Germans take the innocent people of Europe and send them to death camps! As they pillage people of their possessions! Even with their army stretched thin they continue to invade every nation they can, taking everything they can! Our attempts to delay them have finally failed and people are being worked as slaves and sent to gas chambers, which these animals have tried to hide, though it was not enough to stop our brave spies! Now the red army crosses the border for one last war against the Axis… the soviet air forces fly over the fields of Poland… the Res fleet sails around the coasts of Europe… for the final war against fascism… this, will be the last clash for the communist dream! The final battle for the fate of this world! All of history has led to this very day. The last war that humanity may ever have to face against itself. And with the bravery of our soldiers, strength of our workers, endurance of our farmers, voices of our singers, and unity of our people, we already know who the victor will be!”

Every man echoed the General Secretary’s words that followed.

“Glory to the Soviet Armed Forces!”

“Glory to the Soviet Union!”

“Glory to the Workers!”

“Glory to the People!”

“Glory to the Communist Dream!“

Marshal Gregory Zhukov stood up, and waved a signal towards his men.

“Let us go!”

The final war is now upon us. Back in Asia we are on cleaning duty. The enemy is taken care of and we are just mopping up the last points we can get.

Now all eyes shift to Europe. Our German allies are weak and unhelpful, while the Americans are barely active and only joined in to start stealing land for themselves. Once we found out about what they were doing to the people of Europe, behind our back, we knew we had to stop it before it was too late! thankfully the Germans only have 90 lower level units against our 240. The great power of the Soviet armed forces is sure to overwhelm them. Once we capture enough cities, the Axis and world is sure to finally lay down its arms. The communist dream will be fulfilled with the world revolution victorious!

Our battle plan is simply to storm their land with our Much stronger army, avoid getting bombarded by their ships for too long, and capture enough land to capitulate them, and then the entire world! Their military is simply too weak and stretched thin to pose a threat to us. Even with US help they’d falter. The winner of this war is certain. After this is all over, the USSR will stand not over, but with the world, victorious! Let us repeat our mottos!

Glory to the Soviet Armed Forces!

Glory to the Workers!

Glory to the People!

Glory to the Communist Dream!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Carking the 6th ().