Option to disable Infrastructure

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Option to disable Infrastructure

In the unit info we see that their speed is increased by x with Railways. Here railway is actually infrastructure. In supremacy 1914 we have option to disable railways. Can we have such an option to disable infrastructure? this is useful if an enemy attacks us and we want to reduce his speed to get reinforcements. But we cant disable it. Any suggestions?! :tumbleweed:
      "Another thing that has escaped your notice, Gisgo, is even more amazing: that, although there are so many of them, there is not one among them called Gisgo."
    • In reality a country couldn’t just turn off a railway… they’d have to blow it up. Maybe scorched earth tactics would be nice but as said in a thread from the past it would need to be costly and take time so you can’t just destroy everything and screw over your enemies.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • This sounds like just sabotage to me. I don't use the espionage panel much since by the time I can afford it in most games I'm winning anyway, but I'm pretty sure there are options to damage people's buildings within provinces, including infrastructure.
      I can't tell if you're referring to your own infrastructure or that of your enemy; if your own, enemies can't use it until they've captured the province (and often rebuilt it) anyway.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

This sounds like just sabotage to me. I don't use the espionage panel much since by the time I can afford it in most games I'm winning anyway, but I'm pretty sure there are options to damage people's buildings within provinces, including infrastructure.
      I can't tell if you're referring to your own infrastructure or that of your enemy; if your own, enemies can't use it until they've captured the province (and often rebuilt it) anyway.
      I like to use spies pretty often. Apart from using dozens upon dozens they don’t do much, unless you are destroying airstrips and ruining their planes. The only and best use I get from them is stacking 6 in an empty province, and then gaining a reveal of their entire force. It’s won me entire games!

• Carking the 6th wrote:

I like to use spies pretty often. Apart from using dozens upon dozens they don’t do much, unless you are destroying airstrips and ruining their planes. The only and best use I get from them is stacking 6 in an empty province, and then gaining a reveal of their entire force. It’s won me entire games!
      In the early game I usually blow all my money pretty quickly by having my cities on full-time production of both upgraded buildings and new units, and often resorting to the stock market to top up missing resources. It's not until I control around half a continent* that I can start affording sabotage.

*Russia already does, but I've never played it so for this post it doesn't count.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

In the early game I usually blow all my money pretty quickly by having my cities on full-time production of both upgraded buildings and new units, and often resorting to the stock market to top up missing resources. It's not until I control around half a continent* that I can start affording sabotage.
      *Russia already does, but I've never played it so for this post it doesn't count.
      Same thing here. Usually though I’ll get 100k and quickly use it to get those spies, before I get tempted to spend it on more goods..

Speaking of Russian and spies…

That’s is something that I am making use of right now…

• Carking the 6th wrote:

Same thing here. Usually though I’ll get 100k and quickly use it to get those spies, before I get tempted to spend it on more goods..

Speaking of Russian and spies…

That’s is something that I am making use of right now…
      Ah yes, goods. I've noticed it makes no difference what country I'm playing, I'm always consistently short on goods. Maybe it's because I use a lot of artillery.
      I wish you well in your Japan offensive. If Japan's player is halfway competent it should be interesting.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
    • I will be putting up an update soon… we shall see the state of the Soviet offensive for Asia!

I am also the Soviets in the RP and will soon have to write about Soviet military history here… interesting…

• bruh i wanted the option of being able to destroy your own buildings. eg if 5 AC coming for your city and you only have 1 anti tank there, you are going to get one shotted. better to blow up your economic and production buildings before the enemy takes them. if the buildings are captured, even if they are missing 10 HP, the enemy gets a city closer to your lines to spam tanks
      "Another thing that has escaped your notice, Gisgo, is even more amazing: that, although there are so many of them, there is not one among them called Gisgo."
    • Yeah there's been a proposal for scorched earth tactics before, and the idea seems to be pretty divisive. Some people think it takes away a large part of the point of capturing cities, whereas others like the idea of introducing it (with some kind of countdown and resource penalty). Personally I'm not particularly keen on the idea.
      Never mind that I made the proposal I was referring to
      Her Ladyship Aragosta

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
    • It happened in real life. Part of the reason all those invasions in Russia failed was because of scorched earth tactics leaving the Germans with nothing to use. In fact the Soviets probably would have blown up the Caucasus oil fields had the Germans won at Stalingrad, rendering the victory as pointless…

As for the game I see no strict reason to, as taking a city does damage and takes long enough to make useful. Very few captured cities end up being useful. There’s simply no reason to add it.

• there are many instances where the country blew up their own things:
      1] the russians burnt down Moscow when Napoleon invaded
      2] The germans tried to bomb the ludendorff bridge but their arado blitz bombers were too fast
      3] the germans tried to blow up all bridges across the Rhine, rendering an allied paratroop invasion pointless
    • it is both a win and a loss for us:
      Win: we can easily prevent infrastructure from falling intact into the enemy hands
      Loss: our opponent isnt fiddling with toys and will do the same