Alliances?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How active or in demand are alliances in this game? I'm aware the very top alliances are probably active af, but obviously I have no chance (and don't want to) get into them - so what's the average alliance like?

It just seems to me that not many people care about alliances.

Also, if anyone could explain more about alliance battles or whatever it's called?

thanks!
      Have a blessed day <3
    • AvA games can be a lot of fun, but they’re very different from your standard game. The most popular format is used in the Alliance World Cup. That format includes one day of peace with AI, followed by two days of peace with the other players.

You start with two teams of 5 and pick countries before hand using an ABBAABBAB selection order.

AvA games require a considerable amount of cooperation and activity. During the peace period it isn’t too bad, but once the real game starts many players don’t sleep until it’s over. Or at least don’t sleep for more than a few hours at a time. I had one go two and a half days after the peace expired but I’ve had them go only 7 hours and 45 minutes too.

They require a completely different strategy from regular games. Because there are no partiality active players just five good players on each side. No gold or booster cards are allowed either.

You usually don’t get to build out a regular army either. The builds are hyper-specialized. For instance, in my last game I only build interceptors and mot inf…that’s it.

Not all alliances play AvA games. Some just coordinate to join regular maps together. And there’s nothing wrong with that. It can be a huge advantage coordinating to start a regular map with players you have played with before.

The post was edited 1 time, last by 6thDragon ().

• 6thDragon wrote:

AvA games can be a lot of fun, but they’re very different from your standard game. The most popular format is used in the Alliance World Cup. That format includes one day of peace with AI, followed by two days of peace with the other players.

You start with two teams of 5 and pick countries before hand using an ABBAABBAB selection order.

AvA games require a considerable amount of cooperation and activity. During the peace period it isn’t too bad, but once the real game starts many players don’t sleep until it’s over. Or at least don’t sleep for more than a few hours at a time. I had one go two and a half days after the peace expired but I’ve had them go only 7 hours and 45 minutes too.

They require a completely different strategy from regular games. Because there are no partiality active players just five good players on each side. No gold or booster cards are allowed either.

You usually don’t get to build out a regular army either. The builds are hyper-specialized. For instance, in my last game I only build interceptors and mot inf…that’s it.

Not all alliances play AvA games. Some just coordinate to join regular maps together. And there’s nothing wrong with that. It can be a huge advantage coordinating to start a regular map with players you have played with before.
      Is there a way to prevent gold use or is it just the honor system? The only way I can think of is forcing players to take pictures of their starting gold/boosters, post them, then at the end (or any time before if the players request) have to post an updated one.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

AvA games can be a lot of fun, but they’re very different from your standard game. The most popular format is used in the Alliance World Cup. That format includes one day of peace with AI, followed by two days of peace with the other players.

Is there a way to prevent gold use or is it just the honor system? The only way I can think of is forcing players to take pictures of their starting gold/boosters, post them, then at the end (or any time before if the players request) have to post an updated one.
      In friendly AvA's it's an honor system.

In sanctioned events/compeititions GO's help out and check each game that's played.
    • AvA games are distinct and exciting, unlike typical games. The Alliance World Cup's popular format involves peaceful days with AI and players. Teams of 5 select countries, and cooperation is key. During gameplay, many players stay awake, using specialized strategies for the unique setup. Unlike regular games, no partiality or gold/boosters exist. AvA demands different army builds; not all alliances participate, some prefer regular maps for coordinated advantages.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wilsom ().

• Wilsom wrote:

AvA games are distinct and exciting, unlike typical games. The Alliance World Cup's popular format involves peaceful days with AI and players. Teams of 5 select countries, and cooperation is key. During gameplay, many players stay awake, using specialized strategies for the unique setup. Unlike regular games, no partiality or gold/boosters exist. AvA demands different army builds; not all alliances participate, some prefer regular maps for coordinated advantages.
      A Robot!!!! Get him, fast!

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • SamPGS_17 wrote:

How active or in demand are alliances in this game? I'm aware the very top alliances are probably active af, but obviously I have no chance (and don't want to) get into them - so what's the average alliance like?

Also, if anyone could explain more about alliance battles or whatever it's called?

thanks!
      To me if they are playing AvA that is good but if a strong A goes into a reguler say World at War it is an unfair advantage to me anyway. They have reliable members and start right next to each other so unless others spend heavy gold the Alliance will win not due to skill but do to the alliance.
    • A Eastman wrote:

SamPGS_17 wrote:

How active or in demand are alliances in this game? I'm aware the very top alliances are probably active af, but obviously I have no chance (and don't want to) get into them - so what's the average alliance like?

thanks!
      To me if they are playing AvA that is good but if a strong A goes into a reguler say World at War it is an unfair advantage to me anyway. They have reliable members and start right next to each other so unless others spend heavy gold the Alliance will win not due to skill but do to the alliance.
      Alliances joining the WaW map are not uncommon. You can often use diplomacy to counter them. It's not unheard of for an alliance to be at war with half the world at the same time.

With that said, it's about the same approach as countering a heavy gold user.