Release Notes - 2023-07-25

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Release Notes - 2023-07-25

Release Notes - 2023-07-25

Attention, General!

We are excited to announce the launch of the new production flow feature! Some of you might be familiar with this already, as we tested the new feature for quite some time already.
      The new production screen makes managing your construction and production more convenient by letting you start research, queue pre-requisite buildings and produce units all from the same screen. Check it out now by playing Call of War on a mobile device!

With today's release we are also happy to announce that the new Operations feature is also available on desktop now!
      The Operations feature provides you with short or long-term tasks you fulfill while playing the game. With this feature now being available on mobile and desktop, we are focussing on adding more nuances and tasks to your Operations - Stay tuned!

Furthermore, we have fixed a bug where the chat could be spammed with duplicate "Whisper" tabs when clicking the same username repeatedly. With this fix, only one Whisper tab per chat partner will be visible, enhancing the usability and organization of your chat conversations.

We also fixed a bug that caused stealth units to take the most direct path to their destination, even if that led them through neutral territory, risking war. Now stealth units will correctly path around neutral territory between them and their destination.

For a closer look at all the changes please check out the detailed Release Notes and share your feedback with us right here on the Forums and on our Discord Server.

Best of luck General!

Your Bytro Team
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • The bug fix about stealth units going through neutral territory will be very helpful if it’s properly fixed now! I have been annoyed so many times at accidentally declaring war because I didn’t notice a unit would be going through neutral territory.

As for the operations, please PLEASE for the love of God make an operation which is doable without paying money… I hope that is what you are hinting at here!!
      Have a blessed day <3
    • I'm a little confused by the production flow.
      What problem is it solving?
      The only real problem I have in the production UI is how to queue up units ahead of time.
      For example, say Medium Tanks are being researched.
      I want to queue up production so it starts as soon as the research is done.
      That would be very helpful when research is scheduled to finish overnight.
      Or, sometimes I want to queue up Interceptor level 3 so it starts as soon as level 2 is done.
      This would also be helpful as a way to automate offline activity.
      This new UI doesn't add new capabilities, just more UI widgets that we have to learn.
    • Well to be honest it does make mass producing units a little easier. While you can argue that using the provinces tab is more efficient it always seems to glitch out for me and then reset. Here I can click a few cities and then a unit. Quicker when you want to mass produce stuff.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Well to be honest it does make mass producing units a little easier. While you can argue that using the provinces tab is more efficient it always seems to glitch out for me and then reset. Here I can click a few cities and then a unit. Quicker when you want to mass produce stuff.

But you still have to find the cities with the required factories, before you can start building units.
      How are you going to find them? The old UI does that, the new UI does not.
      What the new flow does is encourage players to build ADDITIONAL factories because they are "required".
      This will lead to more wasted resources, making an existing problem that much worse.
      Too many players build too many factories already, so they have nothing left for actual units.
      We need to help inexperienced players to become more competitive.
      To do that, the game should encourage LESS construction, and better resource usage in general.
    • Well usually I find it pretty easy to memorize which cities have which building that I want to produce a unit in. This is at least makes things a bit easier to me.

As for encouraging more buildings, didn’t it already show you what is ‘required’ to produce a unit before? How would this be any worse than it already was? It probably won’t help the problem but I don’t see it making new players think they need 3 different unit factories in one city.

I do agree that players end up wasting too many resources on buildings they don’t need. Unless you’re going to consistently upgrade and use a building you shouldn’t have it, and it should not be subtly supported. I just don’t see how this feature makes anything that much worse.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • z00mz00m wrote:

The only real problem I have in the production UI is how to queue up units ahead of time.

For example, say Medium Tanks are being researched.
      I want to queue up production so it starts as soon as the research is done.
      That would be very helpful when research is scheduled to finish overnight.
      Or, sometimes I want to queue up Interceptor level 3 so it starts as soon as level 2 is done.
      This would also be helpful as a way to automate offline activity.
      This new UI doesn't add new capabilities, just more UI widgets that we have to learn.
      Yes, anything with research and queueing would be appreciated. As it stands now I have to set alarms for the middle of the night way too often to queue up units after a research finishes and/or start the next research.

You currently cannot queue units in production if the research isn't finished yet.