Playthrough - Manchukuo

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SamPGS_17 wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

NickXXXNick wrote:

Wow, that was fun thanks. Did not read all but well done.

How do you post pictures. I have a pic of a map I want to share?

can’t seem to get it to work.
      You see the paper clip over the submit button? Hit it. Then you just gotta hit upload and do it however you prefer.
      Wow that was simple… I just posted a whole ass essay explanation plus pics to help in the thread that Nick created 20 minutes ago.
      I’d still love to see that lol

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

SamPGS_17 wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

NickXXXNick wrote:

You see the paper clip over the submit button? Hit it. Then you just gotta hit upload and do it however you prefer.
      Wow that was simple… I just posted a whole ass essay explanation plus pics to help in the thread that Nick created 20 minutes ago.
      lol it’s in general discussions thread by Nick check it
      Have a blessed day <3
    • SamPGS_17 wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

SamPGS_17 wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

NickXXXNick wrote:

lol it’s in general discussions thread by Nick check it
      Amazing

• Lady Aragosta wrote:

DAY FORTY-SEVEN

Fig. 153 Well, I can't honestly say I wasn't expecting it.

In fact I wasn't destroyed; I had a few provinces and, somehow, two infantry units. I don't know how I acquired those what with not having any cities.

Fig. 154 Unnoble, 1/10

It's around now that I'd ideally be making some heartfelt, pithy statements about everything I learned playing a tiny nation, building it up to a vast empire, and having it deflate in days. In fact I had this great big speech all ready prepared, but you know what? I forgot every damn thing I intended to say and anyway, I'm far from sure my playing will be any better next time around.

Thanks for joining me on this playthrough; I hope you were entertained as I was. Thank you also to everyone who gave me advice. I'll be seeing you all, I understand, in the HWW. I may or may not tidy up my personal playthrough of that and post it here, depending on how much interest people show in seeing a retold game they were actually part of.
      The Qing will return again one day, when I feel like I am a more competent player.

You gain units when a province revolts with enemy troops in it. I've lost a few infantry regiments that way.
      "たわごと" - Last words from the Japanese 9th Artillery Regiment before being pounded into oblivion by Manchu Battleship "Zhèngxiāngbái"
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

The newspapers have been amusing; my first few ships were named after Manchurian leaders before I gave up and started giving them names like 'Phenolphlalene' and 'The Game' (which you just lost). I had an SS Frenellelge in there somewhere; I'm not entirely sure where that name came from, and may just have been trying to baffle newspaper readers. Now they're likely to last more than a few hours I think I'll revert to normal names.
      Phenolphthalein, aka 3,3-Bis*(4-hydroxyphenyl)-2-benzofuran-1(3H)-one and the phth combination is a contender for the hardest consonant cluster to pronounce. Fortunately shortens to PH, appropriately enough.
      *not di-

Lady Aragosta wrote:

And finally, the SS Frenellelge has died. She was killed bravely fighting the Japanese 29th Cruiser Flotilla.
      General discussion question: what's the stupidest name you've ever given one of your units?
      :( To commemorate her valiant sacrifice at the Battle of Honshu, I will make a point of naming a battleship SS Frenellelge every game from now on.
      But to answer the question, HMS Pansy and HMS Cockchafer would have to be up there.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

These all end in AUs where people blithely sling nuclear weapons around and almost nobody has any grounding in basic nuclear deterrence. Including proper rules would end very, very badly.

I wonder how some of the people who play this would fare if placed in charge of an actual country for the duration of a war.

And then there are people who whine about the game 'already being realistic so we should add such and such'.
      Nuclear deterrence depends on the notion that leaders are a) rational people who want their citizens to survive, not warmongering maniacs and b) don't enjoy it

Carking the 6th wrote:

You struggle to make one bomb, but See in fat Albert land I am currently pumping out 30 high level units and 4/5 nukes at a time! Very nice things.

As a CarKing who made good use of them, I must disagree and state that commie armored cars are great ascetically and are very nice overall.

I think that soviet tank is based on a t-26 or some bt tank? I don’t like its look either, but once you get to level 4 you get a good improvement. Not that commie light tanks are the best.

Commie armoured car lvl1-3 is represented by a BA-20. Very nice. I like.
      Commie armoured car lvl4-5 is a GAZ BA-64. I do not like.

Light tank lvl1-3 is represented by a T-37A (ampibious), or possibly T-38, which looks more like it but the turret is on the wrong side. T-26 is completely different.
      Light tank lvl4+ is a T-60 which replaced it.
      — Marshal Foch

• Lord Crayfish wrote:

Phenolphthalein, aka 3,3-Bis*(4-hydroxyphenyl)-2-benzofuran-1(3H)-one and the phth combination is a contender for the hardest consonant cluster to pronounce. Fortunately shortens to PH, appropriately enough.*not di-
      Doesn't surprise me that I spelled it wrong. Then and again I could have spelled it worse. ('Fennelflalene'.)

Good Hangman word anyway.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

Lord Crayfish wrote:

Phenolphthalein, aka 3,3-Bis*(4-hydroxyphenyl)-2-benzofuran-1(3H)-one and the phth combination is a contender for the hardest consonant cluster to pronounce. Fortunately shortens to PH, appropriately enough.*not di-

Good Hangman word anyway.
      You could have convinced me it war German, at least for a few seconds.

Then again, Name is too chemically. Easy to tell.

• Carking the 6th wrote:

You could have convinced me it war German, at least for a few seconds.
      3,3-dimethyl butanoic acid
      Wankpanzerpumpernikelsauerkrautwagen IV
      Not so different are they?
      — Marshal Foch

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• Lord Crayfish wrote:

Wankpanzerpumpernikelsauerkrautwagen IV
      Those are certainly all words. German ones, even, for the most part.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • I always liked the Eisenbahnknotenpunkthinundherschieber (switchman)
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.