Dawn of the Patriot: 2023

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dawn of the Patriot: 2023

Which Alliance Will Win? 6
        American Resistance (3) 50%
        German Forces (2) 33%
        Japanese Forces (1) 17%
      Hi! I'm still playing this event in 2023, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the American Resistance, specifically the Royal Canadian Resistance and Children of Liberty (extremely ultimate name btw.)

Liberty or Death, right?
      Flussmark Frontier is going to get his teeth kicked in really bad.

I'm gonna keep this thread active with updates as the game progresses :)
      "たわごと" - Last words from the Japanese 9th Artillery Regiment before being pounded into oblivion by Manchu Battleship "Zhèngxiāngbái"
    • The best Resistance nation to get is Lonestar Alliance, but CoL isn't that bad, considering there are worse ones (ex. Jones Privateers and Blackfoot Confederacy). If any of your (Axis) neighbors show signs of going inactive, prepare to attack them ASAP. Also, it looks like you'll be short on oil for some time, so you should focus on leveling up your infantry and produce other unarmored units. Once oil is sustainable start investing in an air force.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

The best Resistance nation to get is Lonestar Alliance, but CoL isn't that bad, considering there are worse ones (ex. Jones Privateers and Blackfoot Confederacy). If any of your (Axis) neighbors show signs of going inactive, prepare to attack them ASAP. Also, it looks like you'll be short on oil for some time, so you should focus on leveling up your infantry and produce other unarmored units. Once oil is sustainable start investing in an air force.
      Thanks for the tips! I built industry in Nashville first before anything else :)
      "たわごと" - Last words from the Japanese 9th Artillery Regiment before being pounded into oblivion by Manchu Battleship "Zhèngxiāngbái"
    • Brando Dilla wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Glory to Texas! The greatest of American states!
      Yee-haw!
      Disclaimer: I don't support racism or school shootings.
      How dare you insult our heritage!

What do you mean we seceded and literally wrote “white man better” on our constitution?

Who needs children when I already have my little baby Mossberg international SA-28–all purpose Field shotgun?

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Day 2 of Dawn of the Patriot:

It's kinda joever bros

While kicking in Flussmark's teeth, Gothia declared war on me and is rushing my capital. Lonestar Alliance and the Bayou raiders are at a standstill, contributing nothing to this already nightmarish difficulty scenario. But, with a few lucky hits, I'll triumph, especially since Flussmark is fortunately inactive.

You thought I used a strat bomber to hit a random province? Wrong.
      Using a strat bomber to hit this province's airport was a masterstroke on my part, one I had not thought of previously. This neutralized Flussmark's airport for his single fighter and gave me control over the skies.

Royal Canadian Resistance: We The North Kill Germans since This Game Started

Happily further north on the map things are going swellingly for the Resistance: The RCR is demolishing Imperial Commissariat Waldthule and evening some of the horrible odds, as well as reliving pressure on Jones' Privateers. Shoutout to gptdoktor, my Ukrainian friend, who is holding the front both in-game and in real life!
      The current situation for the Rocky Minutemen
      Despite a grueling 4v1 against the Japanese, this at first seemingly weak player has been crushing them day after day and holding our western front against brutal odds. Perhaps a better image to explain would be below:

I think this sums up the situation for all of us, not only Rocky, lol.

Bigger screenshot to cap the lot off

In summary of Day 2: The Resistance is falling behind on most fronts, being 3rd in victory points but also managing to drag the Germans down to 2nd. 2 out of three active players for the Americans are playing DOOM Call of War edition.
      If you look closely at the above image you'll notice Florida getting ready to attack the Bayou Raiders (Florida man versus the deep south swamp people is a fight I'd love to see, just not on this map.) If any COW Staff is reading this: Please, have these borders rebalanced. I've no clue what you guys were thinking with Blackfoot and Jones, respectively, as a further tip, Blackfoot is already dead. But I'll keep fighting.

VIVA LA RESISTANCE! DOWN WITH THE INVADERS!
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Random minor nitpick: German puppet states were called Reichskommissariat.

In the future if you need someone to help slaughter the fascists, know that I’d be a willing fighter!
      They're named in-game as I typed them :), so I elected to call them what Bytro did to lessen confusion from a real life Reichskommissariat (what the heck is this guy talking about Reichkommissariat Waldthule, this isn't on Wikipedia)
      Also, yes, I'd love another player. Right now it's just us three, and we're in a Discord trying to stay alive. Anyone else wanna help out in the future?
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

When Germany took overland they usually called their puppet states Reichskommissariats.

Well I don’t use discord, but if you do this map again feel free to use this thread to alert me!
      Will do. You play any other maps?
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

HWW and ACAI are great. I was planning a duel with @SamPGS_17 at one point so maybe we can kill two bird and one stone…

If Sam is up for it of course.
      I love HWW, especially as smaller nations but I don't have the goofy 5k gold required to join a non-rotation game :(
      also ACAL is VERY fun, I remember murdering France as Luxembourg and being allied with Germany, it was a total meme game in Europe lmao
    • Day 3 of Dawn of The Patriot

Yeah, the Germans aren't having a good time.

24 hours later, the Resistance has roared back into the thick of things, with myself (Children of Liberty, duh, can't you see the screenshot above?) pushing back the German offensive with two nations instead of the usual one. Additionally, Lonestar has provided some support for my flank and is allowing me to eradicate enemy units with ease.

And we'll all feel gay when Johnny comes marching home

We The North has nearly finished off Waldthule and is moving to assault Westmark Frontier, reestablishing the link between the North and South Resistance after Ashikaga cut it off. Some Japanese (Ashikaga is to your left, holding North Platte, by the Armies button.) and Germans fighting in the mix would be beautiful.

This is getting funny at this point.

As you can clearly see, Rocky has lost two cities but taken two and is pushing a third, while harassing Japanese infantry and stacks along his entire front. (Pay attention to that Lonestar border, something odd might happen.)

Screencap of the cutting off point I mentioned before- a monstrous 'victory' embrace for the Axis after cleaving the rest of the world into little pieces. Note the quotation marks on victory.

The Plains Resistance has fallen, with the Gadsen Loyalists facing real danger if they don't wake up soon and press Ryu and Ashikaga back. However, if he does, the Resistance is nearing victory at that stage since both Japanese and Germans have not only been held off, but counterattacked.

The Northern Resistance + Japanese invaders.

Fortunately for the Royal Canadian Resistance, Kikumon' Frontier has showed little to no signs of cleaning up the remaining Blackfoot-cree units, since that's 4 kills you'd be missing. No sane invader would leave enemy troops behind, so if Blackfoot comes back online, things could get very spicy with a guerilla affair on their part. Hopefully Victora's Finest can do something about the bulge facing East, stalking the back of the Resistance while we claim German skulls.

As of this writing, Tulsa (captured by Gothia Frontier has been recaptured and two other enemy provinces were claimed in my push North.)
    • DAMN STRAIGHT, ALSO, I FORGOT TO ADD, AMERICAN RESISTANCE IS 2ND IN VICTORY POINTS, THE GERMANS ARE THIRD