Removed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I like the idea of a transport unit that speeds forces up. Not only a paratrooper like unit air transport unit, but arguably more importantly something like a transport truck that speeds up towed units. Built in either TP or Barracks, and attaches to one of any tower unit (like arty). Maybe have it where you can convert from a truck mode to normal, but still have the same idea.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • But having an even more OP unit in the game would take away the strategy and people would just exploit it. There are SP units for a reason. If you want it cheap, choose the standard. But if you want the best, choose the SP units. It's the same concept for both Artillery and Anti-Air. The standard unit slows armies down, but they are super cheap. The SP on the other hand, is for fast armored units like Mechanized Infantry.
    • And I will mention again that the Cargo Glider would be far slower than a standard airplane since it is not a Cargo Plane, but instead an offensive unit to accompany Paratroopers. And not only will the airborne glider be weaker, the Anti-Tank or Artillery will be weaker than their standard counterparts. And I make this suggestion for Ordnance units since it would be difficult to exploit with the proper measures. I could've made a suggestion for Airborne Motorized Infantry since they did drop Jeeps with infantry behind enemy lines, but they would be way too OP in-game. And the nerf required to make them good would render the unit useless.
    • They never really did make offensive moves… planes especially in this era can’t carry to many tanks and heavy weapons. Gliders are so light they’d only carry infantry and we already have paratroopers… you see what I mean? You can’t use these to paradrop tanks behind enemy lines.

• Who said anything about tanks? Look up images of airborne artillery, you will find articles and images of them being used as early as the 1930s. They were used very much during WWII, which is why I suggested them. And although we already have Paratroopers, they are pretty much glorified Infantry. The gliders have too short of a range, and by the time the unit converts into an operable ground unit, the frontlines would've probably reached it's position since the game moves so quickly. With that being said, this is why I suggested Cargo Gliders for Artillery and Anti-Tank. And be sure to reread the suggestion and my replies which have stated multiple times that they would be weaker than their standard counterparts. All these units would be doing is making Paratroopers useful.
    • Anti-Tank defends against tanks, and the Artillery would defend against militia attacks. And if you used it right, combined Paratroopers and Ordnance will hold up against a lot of attacks. And notice how you proved my point of these units being necessary, Paratroopers suck and they need support units to go alongside them just like at Normandy.
    • Artillery cannot protect against militia… for one thing the Militia may stealth it out… and then it would catch it. Artillery has terrible defense. Enemy stronger artillery could hit them, they would be slow, it would all around not be worth it in 95% of cases. From what I’ve heard Bytro has a hard time coding in new units and all, so something like this, which is Relatively minor in this war and would not be used to often or too that much success may just not work out..

• I would use it plenty, maybe we could change the suggestion to something on the subject of Paratroopers. Although I disagree with you, I get that not everyone will appreciate it. Maybe we could buff Paratroopers, that is much needed. I would suggest their conversion time is made much shorter. Real life paratroopers were trained for fast deployment. Hell, a whole regiment of Infantry can be produced faster than Paratroopers can deploy. If Bytro is gonna have Paratroopers, they better make them right.
    • Exactly, Paratroopers were meant to be more of the in-game Commandos than anything. Most of the paratroopers at Normandy weren't your run of the mill soldier, they were specially trained to be quick at deployment and carrying out their sabotage mission. They were never used to force an offensive, it's physically impossible. They were used to weaken the enemy behind the frontlines which forced them back, and soon they would be reunited with their allies for further redeployment.