Alternate Cold War 1949 RP; An Archive of Game 7414223

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GeneralTanke wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Perhaps if it helps me deal with the stain on Earth that is Israel…
      Calling Israel a “stain on Earth” really does bring up some questions.
      Considering their current genocide, I don’t disagree with that line. However, it was just RO as Egypt. They hate Israel.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • They sure don’t seem to agree with that when bombing the country. Their propaganda literally says that all of Gaza is Hamas.

The state itself should never have been created. Simply a design of a whole load of extremists and racist Brits who’d rather kick Jews to some far away land than treat them better in Europe. These days the education system has been proven to teach Israelis that all Arabs are practically medieval camel herders who want to kill every Jew on the planet. They kicked millions out of their homes and moved into a place in which they had no practically connection to (Most Jews actually from the region were already living with Arabs just fine). It’s a settler colonial project. I could continue this mad rant but my point is made. Is it too late to kick the millions living there? Yes. Should the idea of a Ethnostate for Jews in the Middle East be dropped? Yes.

• Oh man, this is a minefield.

Of course, I don't want to offend anybody here, even though our views may differ, I don't want this to affect my relationship with anybody on the forum.

So, in my opinion, calling Israel a "colonial" project is innacurate: of course, this comes from the backdrop of the holocaust, where Jews felt as though they would need to have their own state to be safe. A colonial project (e.g the Congo) would be where a government enters the region, extracts as much as humanly possible from it, and then go home. While Israel's tactics in Gaza are certainly dubious at best, Israel wasn't designed to be colonialist, as the idea was to create a permanent home for Jews.

Then, you make the point Israeli propaganda makes such sweeping statements as all of Gaza is Hamas and at the same time call an entire nation of eight million people a "stain". I can't help but point that out.

I don't really want to get into the politics of Israel (although I'm willing to let on that I have a strong antagonism towards Netanyahu), but I think I've made my point.

Again, I really don't want to ruin my relationship with anyone here.
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Issue is it took place on land where million were already living… and expelled. For decades after they’d take more and more land, suppress freedom of movement, burn fames and olive trees (especially bad in our culture) among other things. Furthermore, a large part of the Jewish population did NOT want to go to Israel. Many wanted to stay in the homes they had lived in for generations, or did not believe in the idea of an ethnostate for Jews. An ethnostate created on a land that was already stolen by the British (see the McMahon–Hussein Correspondence and Sykes-Picot agreement) without asking or working with the people there. And again, Israel would take more and more land that even the UN did allot it. Finally, the Israelis actually funded Hamas to weaken the authority of Fatah (PLO) in Gaza… I don’t want words put in my mouth. I never called the people a stain on earth. The political entity? Definitely.

One last thing, a colonial project is not a short term plan where you eventually leave. It’s the takeover of land, populated or unpopulated, and settlement with the long term goal of making it part of the entity that settled it. For example, the UK colonized the Americas in order to make them a permanent part of their empire. The only reason they left is the people (or local governments) not wishing to remain part of the empire.

• You can have all these views, I'm not really in the mood for a full-on debate about Israel at the moment, but calling Israel a stain on the earth is, as @GeneralTanke said, very questionable.

I mean, like I say, there are eight million people there (including 2 million arabs) that somehow constitute a "stain". Like I say, criticising Israel's policy and history is acceptable, but a stain? Nah.

Also I will be RPing as Israel ;(
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Talvisota wrote:

I mean, you did say that Israel is a stain of earth, not Zionism or Netanyahu etc.

Zaktty wants me to be Israel.
      Jews in general, I have absolutely no problem. With Israelis, its a different story. The Idea that you can come over to a place, kick out its people and just say its your land is disgusting, and the current massacres in Gaza make it worse. If the Jews had settled down and lived in peace with the palestinains it would haven't been a problem. Hell, we welcomed the Jews fleeing from hitler, and muslims under german rule gave their passes to jews so they could escape to Palestine. an Ethnically Jewish state in the middle east must be dropped, I don't want to offend anyone, but that's my view. If you want to live there, welcome, but Israel kicked out almost 7 million palestinians and killed half a million in 1948 alone. That's going too far. Palestine should exist anyone should be able to live there, Israel has never wanted a two state solution except under Yitzak Rabin. The 1937 partition plans were a joke, it's like I come to your home and demand half of it. and Carking is right, Israel is a stain, but not the Jews in general
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • Sorry for the rant, but I will add this. It was the occupation of Palestine that started Hamas. also, the Holocaust doesn't justify the horrors that happened in Palestine. Aren't the Jews who said, NEVER AGAIN. Was that for you only or everyone else as well. If Israel doesn't stop, 2.5 million people are gonna die. Israel will have basically recreated as small holocaust
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command
    • Yes. Being anti-Israel does not in any way make you anti-Jew. Look to Lebanon to see how a multi religious country is done (before Israel bombed and invaded it, of course). Palestine could be a powerhouse with 20 million people from all sorts of backgrounds dominating the Levant in a MUCH, Much more peaceful Middle East right now.