Political Memes.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3

• Clearly not an old-school nerd...
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

Diabolical wrote:

Has anyone in Cuba actually ever been seen here?
      I haven't seen many Japanese here either. You know why? English isn't their main language.....
      You called?

Not, you, Q*bert!

Oh Q*bert, where are you?

...never mind.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • purplepizza117 wrote:

I'm so glad Hillary Clinton might be our first f– president. Oh, yeah, well, I say that because someone deleted the -emale.
      An absolutely FABULOUS pun.

Congrats!!!

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Bionoman wrote:

DISCLAIMER: ITS JUST A MEME. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR - NON INTENDED OFFENSE.
      You asked for political memes, here it is.

If this is too much for the forum, please submit a removal request and i will remove this post. Thanks!
      Why are there always some who look for reasons to go after the Jews? Here is fact: There were times in history where God Himself called on evil people to be destroyed, even their children. "Oh! How can this be, why would a kind and loving God do this?" you might ask.

The fact is that we are not God. We can't answer every question. We can't know every answer. And we can't know what all God knows. But God DOES know best. We are HIS creation and He decides what happens in our lives and in our destiny. Who are we to question God?

Now, I can offer a reason why God does command the deaths of an entire people....even their children. In the example of God ordering the Israelis to destroy the Amalekites, these were a semi-nomadic people that were harassing the people of Israel for many generations: robbing, plundering, kidnapping, and killing them. This went on for a long time. Descended from Israel's (Jacob's) twin brother, Esau, these were a people that would not stop this behavior. They were truly evil in the eyes of God.

Now, God could have had many reasons for decreeing the destruction of the Amalekites. Among these possible reasons: the Amalekites would never cease to be a trouble for God's chosen people; in Exodus 17:8-13, the Amalekites were the first hostile nation to trouble Israel after the Israelites crossed the Red Sea onto dry land; perhaps their deaths might be a lesson for other nations to leave Israel alone; they might have been openly hostile against God even to the point of mocking Him directly; maybe they would have been destined to destroy Israel if they weren't themselves eliminated; maybe by the time the Lord made the decree, their crimes against Israel had mounted up to the point that only complete genocide would appease the need for justice by humanity; maybe their total and complete destruction would serve as an object lesson to the principalities of this world that none may rebel against God and expect to go on forever without punishment; and the actual reasons are probably much more complicated than I'm capable of supposing here.

But, one thing is for sure. According to Jesus, in Matthew 19:14, little children (i.e., someone who is not of the age to be held accountable for their sins) would inherit eternal life automatically. As such, because God is indeed merciful, by allowing the destruction to be complete -- even unto the children -- those children would not have the opportunity to grow into adults that God knew would not repent of the evil of their tribe. In other words, by allowing them to die as children, they would not go to Hell, whereas, if allowed to grow up, they then would go to Hell in all likelihood.

So, in a way, this may have been God's mercy for the children in His big picture way of seeing things. And our eternal lives beyond this one are so much more important. Imagine if you were never given the opportunity to understand sin but raised holy in Heaven by God and the Angels? Such a life would be marvelous indeed. And there are millions of children that die by abortion and other causes that each get to be raised in Heaven. So, if anyone reading this has lost a child or knows one who has lost a child, rest assured that they are living a better life than we are right now.

Note that even when the Amelekites attacked Israel for the very first time in Exodus 17:8-13, God knew what their future would entail and so He prophesied in Exodus 17:14-16 their eventual destruction many years later. This is yet another example of how God is outside and above our universe and even time itself.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Diabolical wrote:

The fact is that we are not God. We can't answer every question. We can't know every answer. And we can't know what all God knows. But God DOES know best. We are HIS creation and He decides what happens in our lives and in our destiny. Who are we to question God?
      Absolutely, and I can see the Calvinism coming out in you. Though Calvin said questioning his theory of pre-judged believers was not for us to do, and not about knowing what God knows, though it is a similar concept.

Diabolical wrote:

Now, I can offer a reason why God does command the deaths of an entire people....even their children. In the example of God ordering the Israelis to destroy the Amalekites, these were a semi-nomadic people that were harassing the people of Israel for many generations: robbing, plundering, kidnapping, and killing them. This went on for a long time. Descended from Israel's (Jacob's) twin brother, Esau, these were a people that would not stop this behavior. They were truly evil in the eyes of God.
      God is a good God, but the reality is the punishment for sin is death. I can not even fathom the calculated spiritual cost for generations of millions of sins (wether they were stealing or murder, all sins hold equal) against God's chosen people. All people are inherently evil but some repent. The Amalekites did not, rather, they continued to attack God's people based off a centuries-old feud.

Diabolical wrote:

But, one thing is for sure. According to Jesus, in Matthew 19:14, little children (i.e., someone who is not of the age to be held accountable for their sins) would inherit eternal life automatically.
      That is very interesting... I haven't ever actually heard that perspective before. I believe in original sin (the Calvinism coming out in me :P) but I have for the longest time had difficulty believing children, who could not know any better since no morality really develops until later in life, could be sent to Hell. How would a four-year old, or even a six-year-old, really truly understand the reprimands for their actions?

I was actually discussing this topic the other day with a couple of friends. When is a child old enough to be held responsible for their actions by God? Catholicism tends to give the answer of 7 years old when children first receive Communion. Islam and Judaism both give the answer of 12 to 13 years old. I'd be interested to see what you think, but for the most part I don't think a sense of morality forms until age 11 or 12.

Diabolical wrote:

This is yet another example of how God is outside and above our universe and even time itself.
      Another topic I was discussing the other day– yesterday, even. I had one friend tell me she believed in fate, that God determines what we will do before we do it (in an ironic twist, she is agnostic). I countered with: "If that's true, does God tell us to sin? If so we imply God tells us to be apart from him." She responded, observably dumbfounded, that she didn't know the answer.

I think God knows what will happen beforehand since he is outside the physical, outside time. But the notion that God determines what happens in the world is... folly, if you will. But an opposing argument tends to be endlessly contradictory with other parts of Christian teachings: "If God is a good God why does he let bad things happen?" which a response could be given as such: "Then if God does not determine what goes on in the world, how do good things happen?" or "Does God have an overarching plan?"

I would be interested to re-open the conversation I started with you a while back, @Diabolical, that I never got around to responding to.
      It's been a while