add a repair Station

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• add a repair Station

u can build a repair station in cities and when there units there u can repair them it will take some time ofc but will be much easyer then just build new units it will improve the game so much for my opinon cause sometime after hard battle like u have 1 big unit with 10% hitpoinst and its just annoying
    • Just make it simple where you can take units back to cities, spend resources to heal them, and move on. It would cost proportional to their build cost (at the level they currently are). If they lose 50% health, they gain 50, etc.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • So the unit equivalent to repairing damaged buildings? Hell yes, we could do with that.
      It should probably be cities that already have the facilities to build that type of unit though, and the repair speed should be proportional to the level of the building doing the reparation.
      I mean good luck fixing a broken naval bomber in a level 1 barracks.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

So the unit equivalent to repairing damaged buildings? Hell yes, we could do with that.
      It should probably be cities that already have the facilities to build that type of unit though, and the repair speed should be proportional to the level of the building doing the reparation.
      I mean good luck fixing a broken naval bomber in a level 1 barracks.
      That’s exactly what I was thinking, and you articulated it better then I!

• In that case why don't they just have field hospitals that we can construct in rural provinces where the units can heal.In real life battered units had to keep on fighting or was sent to a field hospital and if the whole unit had low hitpoints due to damage,you would anyway have to create/produce fresh reinforcements for the front line...at least the units heal now free of charge where as repair stations or field hospitals would cost resources
    • They'd also be quicker. Maybe keep both mechanics in the game so people can choose whether they want fast, but expensive or cheap, but slow healing? I dunno.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
    • Problem with hospitals: if we're going for strict realism (which seems to be the direction most of the people in this discussion are headed), those are only going to be any good for replenishing manpower. If you have, say, a badly damaged tank, you'd need a tank plant to repair it. I'd favour just having units repaired (for certain amounts of resources) in whatever building is used to construct them.
      Presumably barracks would have a medical wing in there somewhere? Or there'd be a hospital close by? I can't imagine there wouldn't be some sort of first aid facility.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

Problem with hospitals: if we're going for strict realism (which seems to be the direction most of the people in this discussion are headed), those are only going to be any good for replenishing manpower. If you have, say, a badly damaged tank, you'd need a tank plant to repair it. I'd favour just having units repaired (for certain amounts of resources) in whatever building is used to construct them.
      Presumably barracks would have a medical wing in there somewhere? Or there'd be a hospital close by? I can't imagine there wouldn't be some sort of first aid facility.
      In a hospital owned by the Union, the spirit of the revolution heals you, not capitalist medicine!

• Carking the 6th wrote:

In a hospital owned by the Union, the spirit of the revolution heals you, not capitalist medicine!
      In Capitalist America, YOU heal the spirit of revolution.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

Problem with hospitals: if we're going for strict realism (which seems to be the direction most of the people in this discussion are headed), those are only going to be any good for replenishing manpower. If you have, say, a badly damaged tank, you'd need a tank plant to repair it. I'd favour just having units repaired (for certain amounts of resources) in whatever building is used to construct them.
      Oh the number of times hospitals have been suggested...

I agree, with buildings you would need to have the same troop production building to "repair" the unit. While you can't bring back the dead or those that need to be medically retired from military service, you could replace them with newly trained troops. Ships can be repaird and new tanks and planes can replace destroyed ones as well.

This would be more realistic and historically accurate. Consider that this was done historically. Look at the losses the 1st Marine Division took in the Guadalcanal campaign, they were brought back to full strength, they repeated this process after the battles of Peleliu, New Brittain, and Okinawa. You can also look at the battleships sunk in Pearl harbor and find similar results, the USS California and USS West Virginia were both SUNK and returned to service.

Consider that when forming a new unit, you would need to transfer in a core of experienced soldiers to make up the chain of command. It's not like you can just promote newly graduated officers to be regimental commanders or recruits straight out of boot camp to be sergeants. I think logistically, it would often be easier to replenish a depleted unit than it would be to stand up a new one.

But we have to realize this is a business and plenty of players spend gold to heal units, so I understand if Bytro makes the healing process skewed a result.
    • Why do you keep complaining that everyone hates you? Just because a very common suggestion by this OP managed to spark a discussion? Make better suggestions then! As 6th dragon mentioned, this has been suggested so many times, in fact my first “use” of the forums was asking someone to make a thread like this. No one is praising them, their comment doesn’t even have a like! It’s really not that big of a deal…

• If you call arguments BS excuses that on you. Most people disagreeing with you (usually) means you are wrong, or that your idea is simply not good. If other plays don’t want it then why should Bytro add it anyway?