Nuke damage to hidden units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It's a reasonable assumption, but not all reasonable assumptions hold.

Nukes either work or they don't. But a damaged nuclear bomber delivers partial damage. How can a nuclear weapon be "partially" broken? It's not a flight of planes, it can't deliver part of the payload.

Nuclear bombers can target province centers or units, but not a random point on the map. Why not? What's so special about a random point with a unit on it?

Nuclear bombers can damage friendly units, but they cannot target friendly units.

Bunkers have no impact on the survival of units caught in a nuclear blast. The bunkers take little damage, while all the units inside can die. Huh?

Lots of random behavior. Nothing is for sure unless you've done it, and you know.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

It's a reasonable assumption, but not all reasonable assumptions hold.

Nukes either work or they don't. But a damaged nuclear bomber delivers partial damage. How can a nuclear weapon be "partially" broken? It's not a flight of planes, it can't deliver part of the payload.

Nuclear bombers can target province centers or units, but not a random point on the map. Why not? What's so special about a random point with a unit on it?

Nuclear bombers can damage friendly units, but they cannot target friendly units.

Bunkers have no impact on the survival of units caught in a nuclear blast. The bunkers take little damage, while all the units inside can die. Huh?

Lots of random behavior. Nothing is for sure unless you've done it, and you know.
      Every time I use them this comes to mind!

Like why don’t they drop the bomb before they get intercepted since they will die either way? And why can cities just recover even with radiation? You can nuke them with stacks of 50 nukes, garrison with 10 infantry and it will eventually recover anyway.

That being said I played a game once and I believe the militia was destroyed. We were using spies to spot stuff to nuke and iirc they were destroyed in the blast.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Suppose there is a level 4 militia hidden in a city. Nobody can see it. Nobody can hit it with planes or bombers. Suppose a nuke lands on the city. Will the militia get hit?
      In regards to your original question, yes, the militia would take damage. Similar to how if you have a level 4 militia in a city that enemy arty is shelling, the militia unit will take damage regardless of whether the enemy can see the unit.
      “A battle fought without determination is a battle lost.” - Josip Broz Tito
    • Without eyes (of sufficient scouting level)

The attacker can shell the overnight military intel spy image of a militia, and that will cause damage to the unit.
      But if the unit moves after day change, the artillery will do no damage.

With eyes on the target

The attacker can target the ? unknown unit on the map, and deal regular damage.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Suppose there is a level 4 militia hidden in a city. Nobody can see it. Nobody can hit it with planes or bombers. Suppose a nuke lands on the city. Will the militia get hit?
      I once nuked a province without doing any scouting and I received the report, the one and only lvl 3 militia that was in the city was destroyed
    • z00mz00m wrote:

It's a reasonable assumption, but not all reasonable assumptions hold.

How many AA guns does it take to take down a Nuclear Bomber?
    • I find that one does the trick, but all the games I've been in where I survived that long nobody got past level 1 nukes.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Suppose there is a level 4 militia hidden in a city. Nobody can see it. Nobody can hit it with planes or bombers.
      What do you mean? As far as I know a hidden militia in a city will take damage from planes, or from any other damage source as long as they are within 5km of the point of impact. Do you mean if a plane is bombing the center point and the militia is more than 5km from the center point? In any case, I see no reason to think a nuk would miss a hidden militia as nothing else will miss them as long as they are within the affected area.
    • That's not the case in my experience. If the militia location is unknown, it will not be hit by artillery or bombers.

The only exception is when you have the militia location in a spy report and it stays in the same spot, then you can hit it.

Otherwise you can't hit it until you scout it.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

That's not the case in my experience. If the militia location is unknown, it will not be hit by artillery or bombers.

The only exception is when you have the militia location in a spy report and it stays in the same spot, then you can hit it.

Also we used spies to find they had militia, I should have mentioned that during that time my ally did it and I just dropped the nuke; I didn’t have any info on them. Sure enough though they were killed!

• z00mz00m wrote:

That's not the case in my experience. If the militia location is unknown, it will not be hit by artillery or bombers.

I think when it comes to nukes, militia or stealth it doesn't matter it will get destroyed within the killing range
    • Vanrendo wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

I think when it comes to nukes, militia or stealth it doesn't matter it will get destroyed within the killing range
      When I bombard cities with militia, they take damage as well even if I don’t see it. So I don’t think it is ever a thing in the game where you can’t kill enemies if you don’t see them. If you hit where they are at, they die.