Intermediate to advance player manual

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Intermediate to advance player manual

A bit about me: I have been playing this game on and off for a while now. I have Read the wiki and forum and there are many things I wanted to talk about. So today I made an account to share my opinions about the gamestyle and few general tips.

I come from playing supremacy1914. I didn’t really play a lot in call of war. I find them quite similar, this is just fast paced and not-so-much great technology tree and many units. Furthermore, I only play 100p map. I only play Pan-asian and sometimes Axis. I played as a communist once. Pan asian I see as the best overall doctrine. And I see Axis having a very good defensive abilities.

1) diplomacy: super important. Talk to others, gain info. Know their allegiance. Understand who is a good player and who is a bad one. At some stages of the game this can be more important than your technical knowledge or unit types.
      I see so many players scared of other players with a good ratio. Don’t be afraid. They are just players like you. Also ratio more than 3 most likely means they’re gonna quit as soon as u kill few of their troops lol
      To find good players look at how much time they spend. Do they have IC in their rural regions? How about a recruitment centre? These are signs of a good player mid game. If too many buildings in their core cities, it’s a good sign of an amateur player.
      Remember nothing beats high activity and diplomacy.

2) you are against your enemy spirit, not against their troops.

Most people if not all will quit as soon as they feel they’re losing. If not quitting, they just don’t keep a cool head and make big mistakes. Try to have a large impact. Take their spirit away. I usually do want them to keep playing. But if you want to win faster, this would be a way to do it. Surprise them. Destroy their cores. Make it a menial job for them to fight back. Blitzerkieg is good for the same reason. Besides taking control of the roads, it would make ur enemies lose confidence. Don’t be afraid of forced march.

3) ffs guard your coast properly. If there is blindspot, a good player will find it. Especially important late game for defending your continent.

4) planes are overrated. Especially in early and mid game stages. For me, they are telltake sign of a not-so-good player. Artillery is your friend. Use it.

5) pull back your troops when you are at war and you’ll be away. Simple but super duper important.

6) level up your airports. I’d like to do them in rural provinces. Minimizing refueling time would be important sometimes. Make many airports. The idea behind planes is not killing armies. Is targeting vulnerable units. So you need to have airports present, so as soon as opportunity shows itself you’ll take out your enemy’s units.

7) use more submarines and militia. Applaing how many units you can easily kill with submarines. Also good for gaining info. Even if your enemies have destroyers, do they have enough destroyers to stop you?

8) strategic bombers. I don’t personally use them. However their range, high health and ability to damage building is wonderful. Take out a core industry of your enemy. See if they keep playing or not. At high level you can literally scout another continent.

9) I see some guides saying attack day 1, day 2 and so. Good for general guideline. But like if you join a random map, vast majority aren’t going to be good players. You’ll reach end game anyway. And by then there are more important stuff going on, rather than provinces you conquered in day 1. I usually join when the game is full and wait for a day. Not a rule, do what’s best. Many times throughout the game, being patient works. They beat each other up, you take their lands.

10) Artillery is your friend. Maybe I’m biased because of Supremacy1914. But in a straight up fight, the one with the most artillery wins. Artillery is good for softening up the enemy but also pressures them to make a move.

this is good for now. Might update it later. Good luck. Tell me what you think.

PS: unrelated, but I feel like people joining a map with a pre-made coalition (alliance) is unfair. Just knowing there are countries that won’t attack you is an unfair advantage. I try to fight against alliances every time. It’s not cool. Of course you’re gonna win joining a map with 4 or more other players lol. Nothing wrong with it, but why do you have to all remain allies all the time lol

The post was edited 1 time, last by General Poptarts ().

• I agree with artillery. Plane appears to be an efficient trade when in combat, but they have really obvious counters like anti-air. For artillery there isn't that many good counters once someone managed to amass a large stack of artillery and stacked with anti-air.

Agree with subs. They are awesome are scouting and intercepting convoys. It's a must have and usually build them before destroyers. I see way too many greedy players build cruisers and battleships first, trying to grab coastal land, and leave them vulnerable. I punish them hard with subs.

I do normally attack on Day 1 or Day 2. But I use artillery to minimise casualties. I like to build momentum on Day 1. If people see you do well early on, it opens up doors to joining a good coalition.

For airports I disagree with building them in rural provinces. It takes too long to rebuild once they are damaged by strategic bombers. Building them in cities takes way less time, and you can make your planes faster as well.
    • General Poptarts wrote:

A bit about me: I have been playing this game on and off for a while now. I have Read the wiki and forum and there are many things I wanted to talk about. So today I made an account to share my opinions about the gamestyle and few general tips.

I come from playing supremacy1914. I didn’t really play a lot in call of war. I find them quite similar, this is just fast paced and not-so-much great technology tree and many units. Furthermore, I only play 100p map. I only play Pan-asian and sometimes Axis. I played as a communist once. Pan asian I see as the best overall doctrine. And I see Axis having a very good defensive abilities.

1) diplomacy: super important. Talk to others, gain info. Know their allegiance. Understand who is a good player and who is a bad one. At some stages of the game this can be more important than your technical knowledge or unit types.
      I see so many players scared of other players with a good ratio. Don’t be afraid. They are just players like you. Also ratio more than 3 most likely means they’re gonna quit as soon as u kill few of their troops lol
      To find good players look at how much time they spend. Do they have IC in their rural regions? How about a recruitment centre? These are signs of a good player mid game. If too many buildings in their core cities, it’s a good sign of an amateur player.
      Remember nothing beats high activity and diplomacy.

2) you are against your enemy spirit, not against their troops.

Most people if not all will quit as soon as they feel they’re losing. If not quitting, they just don’t keep a cool head and make big mistakes. Try to have a large impact. Take their spirit away. I usually do want them to keep playing. But if you want to win faster, this would be a way to do it. Surprise them. Destroy their cores. Make it a menial job for them to fight back. Blitzerkieg is good for the same reason. Besides taking control of the roads, it would make ur enemies lose confidence. Don’t be afraid of forced march.

3) ffs guard your coast properly. If there is blindspot, a good player will find it. Especially important late game for defending your continent.

4) planes are overrated. Especially in early and mid game stages. For me, they are telltake sign of a not-so-good player. Artillery is your friend. Use it.

5) pull back your troops when you are at war and you’ll be away. Simple but super duper important.

6) level up your airports. I’d like to do them in rural provinces. Minimizing refueling time would be important sometimes. Make many airports. The idea behind planes is not killing armies. Is targeting vulnerable units. So you need to have airports present, so as soon as opportunity shows itself you’ll take out your enemy’s units.

7) use more submarines and militia. Applaing how many units you can easily kill with submarines. Also good for gaining info. Even if your enemies have destroyers, do they have enough destroyers to stop you?

8) strategic bombers. I don’t personally use them. However their range, high health and ability to damage building is wonderful. Take out a core industry of your enemy. See if they keep playing or not. At high level you can literally scout another continent.

9) I see some guides saying attack day 1, day 2 and so. Good for general guideline. But like if you join a random map, vast majority aren’t going to be good players. You’ll reach end game anyway. And by then there are more important stuff going on, rather than provinces you conquered in day 1. I usually join when the game is full and wait for a day. Not a rule, do what’s best. Many times throughout the game, being patient works. They beat each other up, you take their lands.

10) Artillery is your friend. Maybe I’m biased because of Supremacy1914. But in a straight up fight, the one with the most artillery wins. Artillery is good for softening up the enemy but also pressures them to make a move.

this is good for now. Might update it later. Good luck. Tell me what you think.

PS: unrelated, but I feel like people joining a map with a pre-made coalition (alliance) is unfair. Just knowing there are countries that won’t attack you is an unfair advantage. I try to fight against alliances every time. It’s not cool. Of course you’re gonna win joining a map with 4 or more other players lol. Nothing wrong with it, but why do you have to all remain allies all the time lol
      Axis Has offensive bonus. Tell me how that means defnsive. also you can't have a favriot doctrine unless you try all of them.
    • I can. A doctrine without speed bonus is a doctrine without fangs. Now it might fit some playstyles if they are to be accompanied with allies. Axis has longer range railroad guns and better rocket fighters(and better submarines!!). Pretty easy case. Yeah axis has some offensive abilities. But not the speed, so it’s the second best in terms of attacking power.
    • axis isnt offensive or defensive bonus. It has 10% more power added to both. There is no such thing as an offensive or defensive doctrine, only offensive and defensive units. For example, medium tanks, mot inf and artillery would be considered offensive units. Whereas units like ur starting units (ac and inf) and anti tank would be considered defensive.