Replace Greater Romania with Greater Hungary

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Replace Greater Romania with Greater Hungary

Greater Romania sucks, there are too many comintern nations in eastern Europe even though Hungary and Romania sided with the axis. The Romanian flag looks like a moldy fruit roll-up, the Hungarian flag looks so much better. Not to mention the concept of Greater Romania hardly even exists. Meanwhile Hungary has way more ethnic lands nearby and they have controlled most of it in the past.
    • The past does not matter, might as well give Austria all of it. Romanian flag is also Chad’s flag, so your option is invalidated. We have Ukraine for an Axis nation already, though I think Russian empire should be allied or Axis. Romania is bigger, more populated, more important, and has more in game cities. If one of those two were to rule the area, it would be Romania. Greater Finland is not exactly a common concept, but are people complaining about that?

Most of this is a matter of option. I myself prefer the Romanian flag. The devs made it commie for a reason, and seeing as they made a game I’d probably guess it should stay that way. Overall, not something that devs should spend time doing, and the current country is better anyway.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • L Romania, Hungary is better. Replace Ukraine with a communist government and have Hungary be axis controlling all of Romania as well. Or at least make the Romanian flag brighter, that stuff nasty. And the past does matter. This is a WWII game, Hungary was far more supporting of the axis while Romania straight up surrendered and cowered under the advancing Red Army. Greater Finland is a real thing, while Greater Romania only incorporates Moldova and Romania. Greater Hungary is far larger than the concept of Greater Romania. The devs likely made up the concept of Greater Romania in a rush since the area gets conquered easily from the surrounding spam armies of the comintern wallet warriors.
    • That first comment either means you’re Hungarian or just very biased, either way neither is better and it’s very foolish and childish to compare them. Flags are subjective and it does not really matter. Hungary supporting Nazis is not a good thing, and after reading Night by Elie Wiesel I can tell you that there is nothing to respect them for. Hungary at max wanted Transylvania, and Romania being a bigger and more populated country with more cities is always gonna be the dominant partner in a union. Ukraine was known for having some small level of Nazi collaboration, and is the only real chance of an axis country in Eastern Europe. And assuming the developers added that just so they could have more money is honestly foolish.

• Commander Schleicher wrote:

Reread, because that's not what I said...
      L Romania and W Hungary is about as biased as you can get when comparing two countries and not being a douchebag… But yes I read that last part incorrectly, but that’s just my dumbass being a dumbass like usual. Rest still stands, Hungary standing with the Nazis (or really just being taken over by them) is not gonna make me want them to replace a different country in a mobile game.

• Commander Schleicher wrote:

Romania and Hungary stood with the axis, and I never specified Nazis. The problem I have is with the absurd amount of communist nations in eastern Europe even though almost none of them were under influence by communists. And you can't deny that the current Romanian flag is a little nasty, the colors are too dark and it makes me sad.
      It’s Romania, why would it ever be happy?

• "Greater Romania" is the same as the Megali Idea" for Greece and Greater Hungary : an interwar "doctrine" about expanding the borders of the country to some historical or often "fantasy historical" border. For Romania, it meant the three Principalities once united by Mihai Viteazul : Transylvania, Moldova and Wallachia, and it was achieved during the Interwar period - so Greater Romania should be there, that's the historical thing. Greater Hungary would be the ahistorical thing : they've lost those territories in WW2.

I don't have issues with the Flag of Romania in-game. You could justify all three "non-Asian" doctrines : by the start of the game they were Axis-aligned, trained by the French and using the French tactical doctrine, but still using number over quality like early Soviets. They have neighbours of all 3 doctrines atm, so hard to say which one is most suited for them.

Romanian contribution to the Axis effort was mmmiillllleeesss above the Hungarian axis in number. The Romanians managed their own front, the Hungarians sent piecemeal divisions to be used by the Germans.

My only problem with the game is that it should be just "Romania", not Greater Romania".
    • Ain't realistic, just make Greater Hungary. They gained back way more land in WWII and the concept of Greater Romania doesn't go outside of Romania and Moldova. If you would just read the text you would know what I said. Sure, Romania was a little stronger than Hungary, but that literally doesn't matter when you can dominate the continent with a desert nation like Libya or Morocco. They should also be axis because they would join with Germany and Italy while the trio would then be equally surrounded by Poland, Yugoslavia, and Ukraine (newly communist).
    • Hungary is 3x smaller and has half the population of Romania, no way they could control them. Imagine if you had greater Portugal and let them control Spain? This would just waste the developers time and mess up something that has remained the same and worked for years.