Airplane and Aeroplane

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Airplane and Aeroplane

Sorry if this is a waste of time, but I believe that you can set the game's language to English (UK) or English (US), and I think I use English (UK), so anyway, when I produce air units they are called "airplanes" like in America, however in the UK they are called Aeroplanes.
      President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".
    • Zaktty wrote:

Sorry if this is a waste of time, but I believe that you can set the game's language to English (UK) or English (US), and I think I use English (UK), so anyway, when I produce air units they are called "airplanes" like in America, however in the UK they are called Aeroplanes.
      I must now go throw more tea into London harbor
    • That polish guy wrote:

Zaktty wrote:

You make me wish that we lost and Britain won the revolutionary war!

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

That polish guy wrote:

Zaktty wrote:

You make me wish that we lost and Britain won the revolutionary war!
      just for saying that You aren’t an American
    • GreatbigHippo wrote:

Countersuggestion: we change the name of the “English” localization to “American,” and remove any use of British spelling. No more confusion.
      RIP to the Brits, though. I think a lot of players are actually Englishmen, though. I think there are actually more Bri’ish people here than there are Americans.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

GreatbigHippo wrote:

Countersuggestion: we change the name of the “English” localization to “American,” and remove any use of British spelling. No more confusion.
      RIP to the Brits, though. I think a lot of players are actually Englishmen, though. I think there are actually more Bri’ish people here than there are Americans.
      Plenty of third worlders as well :/
      Lmao its not just American and British English, there are other variants as well, but most just fall under British spelling because colonialism
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Sure there are, and not to sound rude, but what is your point here?
      Ranting about how I spent 13+ years of my life using "honor", but now I have to use "honour". Like c'mon, it's the same language ._.

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

o7
    • GreatbigHippo wrote:

I suggest that we don't americize the world and fall into hell. Did the americans invent english that we have to use their language? It's like going to China and advertising Georgian
      "Towards the submarine men, one felt an utter disgust and loathing; they were nothing but an abomination, polluting the clean sea."
    • Zaktty wrote:

Is it such a big deal? Let's focus on the game, not the language: "We are here for the moves, not for the names!" - Antonio Radich
      "Towards the submarine men, one felt an utter disgust and loathing; they were nothing but an abomination, polluting the clean sea."
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Good suggestion, but I think there are more pressing matters at hand :/

Nobodyx2 wrote:

Zaktty wrote:

Is it such a big deal? Let's focus on the game, not the language: "We are here for the moves, not for the names!" - Antonio Radich
      Seriously, what is the point in saying "There are more pressing matters at hand" or "Let's focus on the game, not the language"? If you think it should be implemented, please just like the thread, I completely agree with you that it is not a very important adjustment. Still, it could be quickly done, and I doubt that Bytro will think this needs any more urgency than every other suggestion.
      President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".
    • Zaktty wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Good suggestion, but I think there are more pressing matters at hand :/

Nobodyx2 wrote:

Zaktty wrote:

Seriously, what is the point in saying "There are more pressing matters at hand" or "Let's focus on the game, not the language"? If you think it should be implemented, please just like the thread, I completely agree with you that it is not a very important adjustment. Still, it could be quickly done, and I doubt that Bytro will think this needs any more urgency than every other suggestion.
      We just love stating the obvious, good sir ;)

o7
    • I remember a thread, many years ago, where a girl was arguing against masculine pronouns in the victory messages... like "HE is being cheered by millions" and stuff like that. Everybody agreed and liked it, even Bytro people agreed to it and said it might be "they", with just the occasional vitriolic contrarian in between... just so glad no one actually bothered waisting developer time with it though.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.