Solo Victory in 10 Days: Is It Possible?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Solo Victory in 10 Days: Is It Possible?

So I was thinking, how far can we push the game? A while back (prolly over a year or 2 ago) I made a thread regarding what if there was competitive speedrunning in the game. The intricacies would probably make the idea unfeasible, with all complications and validation checks regarding multiplayer, cheating, etc, but it would be nice to set a personal record.

Now, the central thesis of this thread: Can a solo victory be achieved by day 10? Obviously, on the bigger maps, like WaW (and perhaps the Pacific map), no. The victory threshold is too high and the number of VPs required to be captured per day is unfathomably high. Not saying that it is impossible, but highly unlikely (along with the fact very perfect circumstances must be achieved). However, the hypothesis I have is that it is possible for this to occur on the smaller maps, like Clash of Nations. The evidence to support (or disprove) this is being collected as we speak. I've looked at the countries in the map, and Sweden seems like a pretty good candidate for my plans: artillery, AT, militia, ACs, maybe LTs, cruisers/subs (depends on what Finland makes; if no naval base then cruisers first, if naval base then subs first). I'm experimenting with a no plane run; slightly annoying, but necessary in the beginning as goods and oil are hard to come by.

Thankfully, with this set of units, I have no lack of RMs, and plenty of metal and oil to develop industry. Sweden starts with 2 rurals for goods, 2 for metal, 1 for oil and 1 for RM, making it a powerhouse in terms of resources. As Sweden has very little food production (due to only the food city + the consumption by infantry), mot inf strats aren't viable, at least early game. MTs can be produced pretty rapidly, but the high production time and investment necessary may defeat the purpose; can't say for sure, as this is still a developing investigation. I've gone with militia since 1. stealth, 2. terrain (Sweden is mostly forest) and 3. cheapness, but it does come with the opportunity cost of being unable to upgrade infantry, as it would just be a waste of resources (research costs do add up, unfortunately).

Main problem is that in both my test games, Finland attacks. I joined the second game late so had to surrender territory so I didn't lose my units, and now its a stalemate. For the day 10 victory to be achieved, it may just be up to RNG on whether Finland is competent or not. To be fair, this is biased as I've joined the FP games, which have a higher average skill level than regular Europe maps.

The goal of this "experiment" is to see how far the game can be pushed; if a day 10 victory is possible, why not a day 5? It seems impossible now, but with the right strategy (and good RNG), it could be possible. Also, a key factor is that the method I will attempt to develop will aim to be as consistent as possible, so anyone with a grasp of the correct tactics and enough activity can achieve it. I am fully confident that this strategy will lead to quick victories, perhaps close enough to day 13-14 ones, but it remains to be seen if it is the same case for day 10 ones.

If anyone has any other suggestions for countries I should experiment on, please do say so. I know many will suggest the Russian Empire as a candidate; tho I have my doubts, since it is so far away from the necessary VPs. However, this may be from my inexperience with Comintern doctrine, since whilst I have played many games with the doctrine, I never leveraged it successfully like I have with Axis, Allied and Pan-Asian.

Read this related thread to see some of fastest victories (most are coalition, but the idea came from here): forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…rtest-victories/&pageNo=4

Wish me luck ^^
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Well in that heavy tank play through I got to about 90% the way towards victory. This was without being as active as I could, and while keeping my ally Poland alive. Had Zhukov not been powerful or I killed him off somehow earlier, I think I could have done it there. This was as Ukraine. If you make good use of motorized and armored cars, I think you could easily do it on the right map.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Well in that heavy tank play through I got to about 90% the way towards victory. This was without being as active as I could, and while keeping my ally Poland alive. Had Zhukov not been powerful or I killed him off somehow earlier, I think I could have done it there. This was as Ukraine. If you make good use of motorized and armored cars, I think you could easily do it on the right map.
      Did you have any outside support? Any coalition, or shared map with anyone? You mention Poland was your ally...

Also, hadn't considered Ukraine, but it is a viable option. Axis in the middle of Comintern is a wolf among sheep for the first few days. Good terrain for tanks/motorized too. I will consider Ukraine as an option after I test Sweden out.

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

o7
    • Not really. Poland focused on wiping out Western Europe, I took out East I had reunited the USSR while he made Intermarium and took over Germany. Then we worked together to easily crush the UK, with me gobbling up most cities with aggression. We weee slow with attacking Algeria and Morroco, who had attack the Golding UK into France and Spain, which slowed us down even more, but I am confident that if I did a bit of Order 66ing last second and was quicker in our attacks against them, i could have pulled out a solo by day 10.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • SamPGS_17 wrote:

This is an interesting idea! I’m tempted to archive the like 4 games I’m in just to do this - I’ve got to the point where I don’t really care about my record tbh
      If you do, I would kindly request you share your findings here, it would greatly benefit my research ^^

Carking the 6th wrote:

Not really. Poland focused on wiping out Western Europe, I took out East I had reunited the USSR while he made Intermarium and took over Germany. Then we worked together to easily crush the UK, with me gobbling up most cities with aggression. We weee slow with attacking Algeria and Morroco, who had attack the Golding UK into France and Spain, which slowed us down even more, but I am confident that if I did a bit of Order 66ing last second and was quicker in our attacks against them, i could have pulled out a solo by day 10.
      Ah, Order 66. I'm not sure I want that to be allowed in this hypothetical scenario, but I suppose there is no rule against it...I will, however, search for alternative methods of acquiring the 10 day victory

SamPGS_17 wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Wasn’t it like over 7 quite a while ago?
      It was - I had it solid at 15-18, then I joined an arms race game, not knowing what I had got into…. I won, but it stripped it to about 4, and I stopped religiously maintaining it. It’s been hovering from 3-4 for the last few weeks
      Me being proud of my 1.18 KDR...

o7
    • Right, I’ve archived 2 games, and I’m considering archiving a third. I have started my game as Ukraine. Planning to focus on motorised infantry, light tanks, interceptors, and armoured cars. This means I’ll only have 3 branches to worry about - I’m 1 hour in and about to finish building 2 tank plants, 2 barracks, and 1 aircraft factory.

In around 8 hours when my troops are ready I will invade Rostov, a Western city of Caucasus, and Iasi, a north-eastern city in Romania. From Rostov I will try to go for Krasnodar, due south, as it is only separated by one Plains province. Plus, it produces oil, which I need for buildings, interceptors, motorised infantry, and light tanks. From Iasi I will attempt to go south to Constanta. From there I am just two provinces away from the capital, Bucharest.

I anticipate my main problems to be economic ones. This is why I have limited my production to zero naval, zero secret, and zero ordnance. I obviously have interceptors to defend against air attacks, but nothing else from the air tab. I hope that I won’t have to build artillery, as I will be focusing on motorised infantry and light tanks, so I can catch any artillery up and engage them in combat quickly. However, if I see artillery is necessary in future I may produce it. From this, I predict that I will constantly need goods, oil, and food. This is in addition to the steel, oil, and rares I need anyway to build my factories.

Wish me luck all! Also, let me know if you want me to keep going with this, in a separate thread or continuing here… I have high hopes for this Ukraine game/speedrun!
      Have a blessed day <3
    • SamPGS_17 wrote:

Right, I’ve archived 2 games, and I’m considering archiving a third. I have started my game as Ukraine. Planning to focus on motorised infantry, light tanks, interceptors, and armoured cars. This means I’ll only have 3 branches to worry about - I’m 1 hour in and about to finish building 2 tank plants, 2 barracks, and 1 aircraft factory.

In around 8 hours when my troops are ready I will invade Rostov, a Western city of Caucasus, and Iasi, a north-eastern city in Romania. From Rostov I will try to go for Krasnodar, due sourh, as it is only separated by one Plains province. Plus, it produces oil, which I need for buildings, interceptors, motorised infantry, and light tanks. From Iasi I will attempt to go south to Constanta. From there I am just two provinces away from the capital, Bucharest.

I anticipate my main problems to be economic ones. This is why I have limited my production to zero naval, zero secret, and zero ordnance. I obviously have interceptors to defend against air attacks, but nothing else from the air tab. I hope that I won’t have to build artillery, as I will be focusing on motorised infantry and light tanks, so I can catch any artillery up and engage them in combat quickly. However, if I see artillery is necessary in future I may produce it. From this, I predict that I will constantly need goods, oil, and food. This is in addition to the steel, oil, and rares I need anyway to build my factories.

Wish me luck all! Also, let me know if you want me to keep going with this, in a separate thread or continuing here… I have high hopes for this Ukraine game!
      Good luck! You should prolly consider going for strat bombers whenever you can afford, but you shud worry more about those things maybe by like day 3-4. Even I was considering going for a mot inf/MT strat, or even just combined arms, but Axis is bloody expensive and Sweden's terrain isn't exactly that friendly for those units.

I'd recommend a separate thread, and if you could publish the number of units you were able to produce and whatnot on that thread (or even this thread, it doesn't matter that much), we can analyse whether Sweden or Ukraine is more efficient.

Oh and also, with your strategy, say bye bye to making industry. You're gonna have to rely on looting enemies and blitzkrieg to solve your economic problems. Let us see if it is sustainable ^^

o7
    • Hmm, I thought I’d have time to build industry, but perhaps you’re right. I’ve build a local industry in an oil province, because I really will need a lot of oil. Wow, thinking about it, you’re absolutely right. I’m gonna have to build recruiting stations early too…

Right, I’ll make a new thread and write down all my thoughts and report on this game in general.
      Have a blessed day <3
    • I realize that I never uploaded screenshots of the two games I mentioned. I'd take the time to explain each games particular circumstance but I haven't the time, so enjoy the pictures :)

This one it appears I'm losing, but I've landed troops in Helsinki and and killed 7 for 3 losses, not to mention the enemy is idle and letting his units be bombed by my artillery. This is the most recent game at Day 2.

This game is at Day 4, and seems like I'm doing pretty good, but this was my first game with Sweden before my knowledge of the extensive costs of research, buildings, and production so I am not on pace to achieve victory in time.

o7
    • Claudio NVKP wrote:

Day 10 1670 VPS/1674(Solo, kind of) HWW Japan
      Sorry, HWW won't count; gamemode's too unbalanced and some players start with a clear advantage over others. Congrats on the victory tho ^^

o7
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Well in that heavy tank play through I got to about 90% the way towards victory. This was without being as active as I could, and while keeping my ally Poland alive. Had Zhukov not been powerful or I killed him off somehow earlier, I think I could have done it there. This was as Ukraine. If you make good use of motorized and armored cars, I think you could easily do it on the right map.
      Keeping me alive????

It was the other way around!

I UNITED THE USSR, not the snot-nosed upstart lmao
      Glory to the Union!

Glory to the Red Army!

Glory to the Revolution!

Marshal of the Forum High Command